• 13(current)
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
Ok so I loaded the new files into Advanced Launcher. It loads up ok, Pressing the number 5 on the remote brings up the menu which is brilliant, then if i change to any other channel i get a black screen?
Now all of a sudden skyGo.exe gives me a black screen again. The other .exe's still work though ( sky sports.exe etc etc ) and also allow me to press number 5 on remote to bring up channel listings, but when i select another channel, blank black screen again?
remember this is not a release its a test version thats why, We are looking for bugs in the programming that can possibly be resolved.

The black screen relates to the flushed cache again, if you press f5 does the picture come back.?

we want to know what the program does in different scenarios on different operating systems and functionality.

Xbmcmike

(2013-01-31, 20:59)nashmills Wrote: Sorry, but I'm new to launching addons this way. Am I right in assuming it needs Advanced Launcher which does not appear to be compatible with Frodo?

yes currently it uses adv launcher.

XBMClauncher has an update for frodo

XbmcMike
Hi, yes pressing F5 takes me to the channel.
So, Im on sky living, i press number 5 on the remote to change channel, scroll down to sky sports 1, i then get a black screen, nothing works but if i then press F5, sky sports comes up.
(2013-02-01, 13:23)mjeyre Wrote: small release of 1.7.1b which now includes channel hopping using arrow keys.

Press 5 once the main screen has loaded then choose a channel.

This release is designed to test functionality of browsing channels using arrow keys so testing impliementation into xbmc.

alt+f4 escapes to back to full channel.
Happy testing

link below:

http://sdrv.ms/Xc2hmP

amazing, great work. i cant test though as i'm away on holiday for a week.

just a quick note, i know it may be too early for requests but when the time comes that you are polishing this addon/taking requests here's mine Smile

i think it would be great to make the buttons as similar to sky tv as possible. so can we use the channel up and channel down buttons to change channel? is that even possible? and can the ok button on remotes bring up the menu instead of 5?

dont get me wrong i know we are still at the testing stage, i just wanted to jot this request down before i forget.

(2013-02-01, 15:30)mjeyre Wrote: yes currently it uses adv launcher.

XbmcMike

Thank you for that info.

I seem to be getting somewhere now. I have installed Advanced Launcher 1.10.16 in my Frodo. The .bat file works fine (launching Sky 1) but the channel .exe files give me an immediate error, eg: Sky Sports 1.exe has stopped working.

I'm running Windows 8 Pro. Am I still doing something wrong or is it a bug?

This is probably something totally irrelevant but I have noticed that the SkyGo.exe file has a different icon to the channel.exe files. Windows properties lists the former (which works) as a "WindowsApplication1" and the latter as an "application".
i have done a little testing today - loads from the adv launcher fine - exits by the backspace key fine however, if i have changed channel and I press backspace I go back to the last channel until i get back to Sky 1 and its exits fine again, so if you have changed channel it seems to take you back a channel instead of exiting.

edit
Windows 7
Xbmc Frodo Stable Release
IE 9
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2013-02-01, 20:58)nashmills Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 15:30)mjeyre Wrote: yes currently it uses adv launcher.

XbmcMike

Thank you for that info.

I seem to be getting somewhere now. I have installed Advanced Launcher 1.10.16 in my Frodo. The .bat file works fine (launching Sky 1) but the channel .exe files give me an immediate error, eg: Sky Sports 1.exe has stopped working.

I'm running Windows 8 Pro. Am I still doing something wrong or is it a bug?

This is probably something totally irrelevant but I have noticed that the SkyGo.exe file has a different icon to the channel.exe files. Windows properties lists the former (which works) as a "WindowsApplication1" and the latter as an "application".

Hi glad you got the adv launcher working please ensure that you also include your system hardware and software versions eg intel windows 8 64 bit or amd xp x86 etc so we know what the error may have occured in,your version of internet explorer the exact error if possible.

Thanks

XbmcMike
(2013-02-01, 17:04)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 13:23)mjeyre Wrote: small release of 1.7.1b which now includes channel hopping using arrow keys.

Press 5 once the main screen has loaded then choose a channel.

This release is designed to test functionality of browsing channels using arrow keys so testing impliementation into xbmc.

alt+f4 escapes to back to full channel.
Happy testing

link below:

http://sdrv.ms/Xc2hmP

amazing, great work. i cant test though as i'm away on holiday for a week.

just a quick note, i know it may be too early for requests but when the time comes that you are polishing this addon/taking requests here's mine Smile

i think it would be great to make the buttons as similar to sky tv as possible. so can we use the channel up and channel down buttons to change channel? is that even possible? and can the ok button on remotes bring up the menu instead of 5?

dont get me wrong i know we are still at the testing stage, i just wanted to jot this request down before i forget.

request noted :O)

XBMCmike
Thanks for all those testing 1.71b, ive taken it down now as we are getting lots of errors in programming and the main one is the cache flush issue and until thats resolved we will not be releasing any small versions for further testing, please feel free to post feedback on your findings of 1.7.1b.

MIke
I am having issues trying to get the most recent version (1.6) of the SkyGoLauncher. It keeps on saying

"This item might have been deleted, expired or you might not have permission to view it. Contact the owner of this item for more information."

If someone could post the correct location that would be great.

Thanks!
(2013-02-02, 20:44)lawrence_craig Wrote: I am having issues trying to get the most recent version (1.6) of the SkyGoLauncher. It keeps on saying

"This item might have been deleted, expired or you might not have permission to view it. Contact the owner of this item for more information."

If someone could post the correct location that would be great.

Thanks!

Apologies the links back up now on my first page.

Thanks

XBMCmike
xbmc skygo developer
Hi
Great plugin – im not sure if this is because im using the current version in your skydrive, but im unable control the skygo plugin with my remote or any directional buttons…
Is this because im on an old version?
1.6b I think im on, the one in your skydrive.

Thanks
N
(2013-02-07, 11:39)nick w Wrote: Hi
Great plugin – im not sure if this is because im using the current version in your skydrive, but im unable control the skygo plugin with my remote or any directional buttons…
Is this because im on an old version?
1.6b I think im on, the one in your skydrive.

Thanks
N

the only way at the minute its working on some rmotes is to press 5 on your remote and the menu appears for you to select channels, Its a very early version of the latest revision 1.6b we have 1.7 almost available for test.

MIke
Mike.
Really appreciate your work. In fact, this thread was the sole reason i moved to XBMC from PLEX. With you updating and replying to questions and requests so quickly is what will make this plugin so awesome!!!

So thank you for your work!
Really appreciate it!

And thanks for the quick reply!

To close the SkyGo plugin, i cheated and mapped a key on my remote with Autokey to kill the sky go.exe

N
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC4