• 76(current)
Artwork Downloader
Did you enable it to be downloaded automatically on AD Configuration?
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
I have everything set to download, fanart, posters, season posters etc but nothing. (If I understand correctly you are talking about add-on settings?). More specifically, when I go to TV Show information, choose art, I have CharacterArt, ClearArt, ClearLogo (downloaded) but Fanart, Banner and Poster are missing. And I am not talking about some exotic show, but well known shows such as Homeland.
And my option to get extrafan art doesn't fetch anything. Sad
Hi, a few versions ago we had the option to enable running this addon on startup. This option was removed at some point, probably because to many hits on the source website(?).

Now i noticed the following line in my debug log:

701.14:30:59 T:1032 NOTICE: Artwork Downloader: ## Service - Run at startup: False

Is there a way to change False to True so i can run this addon on startup again? Its kind of annoying when i have new movies on a daily basis to run this addon before going to the library mode of my movies or else i have no nice fanarts/logo's/thumbnails etc to look at.

thanks.
XBMC: XBMC 12.3 Frodo, Aeon MQ5, Win7 x64
Hi all,

Does anyone knows how to ask Artwork Downloader to ignore a directory from being scan to download extrafanarts ?

My goal is simple, i use video smart playlists to manage different kinds of video, films and animes for kids, and use theme config to create custom menu in XBMC for each category.
Then, with Aeon Nox i set for each menu to display in background the content of the directory where i centralized films extrafanarts.

That's works good, but the only way i found for now to prevent Artwork Downloader from downloading fanarts for both custom categories will be to temporarily disable a category (no type of content in media source), cleaning the media library and re-init a scan.
Then move the destination category, reverse the situation and so on... with big media library that's a big deal!

It would be very cool to be able to manually ask it to (temporarily) ignore a directory containing media (.ignore file Huh)
Still the very great solution would be a real new category for anime, but as far as i know, it does not yet exist in XBMC

Thank you very much for your help!
Please support my Blog, XBMC and Linux related :-)
http://youresuchageek.blogspot.com
I have a collection of roughly 400 movies and about 20 TV shows, when I was on RC3, I had already used Artwork Downloader to get all the available artwork for my collection.

When I installed the Frodo final version, I deleted my user folder to make sure everything was clean. I set up artwork downloader to use local files and set it running; it took about 5 hours to finish.

Considering that I already had all the available artwork locally, shouldn't it have been much quicker than that? Did I set it up wrong?
(2013-01-31, 07:11)Tomkun Wrote: I have a collection of roughly 400 movies and about 20 TV shows, when I was on RC3, I had already used Artwork Downloader to get all the available artwork for my collection.

When I installed the Frodo final version, I deleted my user folder to make sure everything was clean. I set up artwork downloader to use local files and set it running; it took about 5 hours to finish.

Considering that I already had all the available artwork locally, shouldn't it have been much quicker than that? Did I set it up wrong?

No, You did nothing wrong. Just seems to be the way it is done now.
If you haven't tune AD settings, addon try to download a lot of things (fanarts, extrafanarts, thumbnails, extrathumbnails, logo, clearart, discart, ...) for movies, TV showsn music video.

So if you want to manage only discart and logo for movies, unactivate other choice because A.D. look first in local folder but if it don't find local file, it try to download them from Fanart.tv.

So you will save your time and Fanart.tv bandwith by selecting only needed artwork in A.D. settings Wink
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2013-02-01, 08:58)mikebzh44 Wrote: If you haven't tune AD settings, addon try to download a lot of things (fanarts, extrafanarts, thumbnails, extrathumbnails, logo, clearart, discart, ...) for movies, TV showsn music video.

So if you want to manage only discart and logo for movies, unactivate other choice because A.D. look first in local folder but if it don't find local file, it try to download them from Fanart.tv.

So you will save your time and Fanart.tv bandwith by selecting only needed artwork in A.D. settings Wink

I get all my posters and fanart via Ember Media Manager, so I disabled them; They get scanned in with a regular library update anyway. My point is though that I already have everything available locally - I don't understand why it took so long.
Because setting "Use local file" didn't mean "Use local file ONLY".

So you have disabled Poster and Fanart but if all other options are set to ON, and you don't have already local files for extrafanart, extrathumbs, logo, clearart, discart, banner, thumb 16/9 then A.D. will try to find and download them from Fanart.tv.

Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Can anyone explain to me how can I debug Art Downloader? I have all options enabled but its not pulling any fanart, posters or banners for any TV shows; do i need to use another program for that?
(2013-02-01, 11:15)mikebzh44 Wrote: Because setting "Use local file" didn't mean "Use local file ONLY".

So you have disabled Poster and Fanart but if all other options are set to ON, and you don't have already local files for extrafanart, extrathumbs, logo, clearart, discart, banner, thumb 16/9 then A.D. will try to find and download them from Fanart.tv.

I understand that, but as I said, I already had everything that was available from fanart.tv locally and therefore the script should have downloaded precisely nothing. I can't believe that it spent 5 hours just checking!
Question

Is it possible to exclude one or two movies from having artwork downloaded? I love the way it works, however for American Pie and American Pie 2 it downloads a few artworks that have nudity in them, and I use a central fanart folder for a screensaver for XBMC. The wife would prefer NOT to have those few posters that show nudity pop up in the screensaver so I have to manually delete them every time I run artwork downloader from the centralized folder.

Is it possible in some setting or in the settings.xml to have it skip those movies when looking for artwork? Thank you.

Alexi

PS - I have tried changing content on those folders to "exclude from library updates" but that doesn't seem to affect the downloader, only the info scraping. And when I delete those pictures from the centralized folder it continually redownloads only those three pictures when it updates if I haven't updated my library with anything. Thanks.
I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong but this plugin won't download any clearart or logos for any of my tv shows. I've tried everything i can think of including turning everything else off. Is there a trick to making it download clearart and logos?

edit:

It shows every tv show under "failed items:" I have hundreds of tv episodes....the shows are setup like this:

TV Shows
|
|--------TV Show
.......... |--------Season01
.......... |--------Season02

edit 2

It seems to work for all the "extrafanart" but not for clearart and logos....weird right?

Is it possible to revert to dvd discimage when bluray is not available or vice versa?
I'd rather have the dvd image than a blank disc.
Same goes for language, I'd rather have the wrong language than no discard.

So, it's more like treat some settings as preference but fallback if not available.
Thanks!
(2013-02-01, 19:11)wonslung Wrote: I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong but this plugin won't download any clearart or logos for any of my tv shows. I've tried everything i can think of including turning everything else off. Is there a trick to making it download clearart and logos?

edit:

It shows every tv show under "failed items:" I have hundreds of tv episodes....the shows are setup like this:

TV Shows
|
|--------TV Show
.......... |--------Season01
.......... |--------Season02

edit 2

It seems to work for all the "extrafanart" but not for clearart and logos....weird right?

My situation is exactly opposite I have all the clearart, logos, even landscape, but no fan art, posters or extrafan art
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18