• 252(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2013-01-30, 23:06)jdoggvt Wrote: Ever since Frodo I can't get PTV to load at all, it just gives me a 'script failed' error. Does this snippet of the debug log help figure out what my issue is? It worked fine under Eden, I'm on windows Vista 32, and running mysql

I was getting the same error in RC3. I also found that I couldn't edit channels as the "popup window" was about double the width of the screen - I couldn't see the right half of it to know what I was selecting.

I'm running:
Windows 7 64-bit
XBMC 12 RC3
Transparency! Skin
MYSQL database
Shared "remote" folder (same machine, nonstandard location) for PTV channels

When I saw that Frodo wasn't yet supported (PTV is still listed as Eden in the wiki), I just restored my backups and rolled the entire XBMC setup back to Eden. I'd love to get PTV working on Frodo. I'm really looking forward to some of those new features. PTV is one of the main reasons I use XBMC though - I'm not going forward without it.
Quote:When I saw that Frodo wasn't yet supported (PTV is still listed as Eden in the wiki), I just restored my backups and rolled the entire XBMC setup back to Eden. I'd love to get PTV working on Frodo. I'm really looking forward to some of those new features. PTV is one of the main reasons I use XBMC though - I'm not going forward without it.

thanks, I suppose that would have been a good place to check before I went down this road Smile Hopefully it will be updated soon, we can't really live without it.
Does anybody have channel sharing working properly? I can't seem to get it to work. I enabled channel sharing in the PTV config, created the folder '\PTV shared channels' on my NAS and set it up as a share with public access and I set that path under the shared channel config for PTV, but I get a bunch of errors in my log and the only thing created in the shared channel folder is settings2.xml. I am running the latest Stable-pre from git (downloaded .zip) that I downloaded today.

Here is the log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31441
EZ1976: I have no idea. I'll mess with playlists on my system (when I get a chance) and see if I can reproduce it.

Jdoggvt: make sure you have the latest stable-pre. Once I am happy with the stability in Frodo (not quite there yet) then I'll release to the official repo again.

RockDawg: smb shares are pretty sketchy right now. Frodo added a virtual file system that plugins can use, which makes reading much simpler. Writing, on the other hand, is still not great. I may experiment a bit more with it, but right now my only option is a python library which...only works sometimes.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
hi
i am using playlists because my scrapping is in israel.
if you remember in the past i tried to add hebrew genre movies as normal genre but it wasnt supported.
if i add them as smart playlists they worked on eden and some of them on frodo.

i cant understand why some with hebrew genre are working and some are not
and some with normal rules like greaterthan the year 2000 is working but less then 1995 crashes xbmc (unless xbmc hates the moves of the 80's and 90's which is perfectly understandable)

jason, thanks for your help and please let me know if you need me to send you anything.
I'm hoping that one of you may know the answer to this issue I'm having with more recent versions of PTV.

I have a number of TV series and movies in my library, properly scraped with episode data and whatever.

However, for some series, PTV doesn't show the show properly in the guide or OSD. It just shows the raw file name. No episode data, nothing, as if they weren't a part of my library. Which is odd, because why are they even showing up in PTV at all? These shows didn't always do this.

I've forced channel reset to no avail.
rd1979: using the latest stable-pre? Can you post a debug log?
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
I will try the latest stable-pre right now.

Pretty sure the debug logs don't show anything of note, but you're the one to say for sure.
Same deal on the stable-pre. May I PM you the pastebin URL to the debug log?
(2013-01-30, 23:06)jdoggvt Wrote: Ever since Frodo I can't get PTV to load at all, it just gives me a 'script failed' error. Does this snippet of the debug log help figure out what my issue is? It worked fine under Eden, I'm on windows Vista 32, and running mysql

Same problem on Kubuntu 12.04. Any news on when this problem will be fixed? I can never make up my mind on what to watch!!
4 x OpenELEC 6.0.x (Kodi 15.2) on Rasberry Pi & Intel NUC

3 x Kodi 16.1 Jarvis on *buntu Xenial

6 x SPMC 16.4-2 on Android Mobile & TV Devices
Also, is there a way (or a plan to create a way) to select alternate audio tracks? I find that for videos with multiple audio tracks I often don't get the one I want presumably because it's not the first audio track in the file.
4 x OpenELEC 6.0.x (Kodi 15.2) on Rasberry Pi & Intel NUC

3 x Kodi 16.1 Jarvis on *buntu Xenial

6 x SPMC 16.4-2 on Android Mobile & TV Devices
(2013-02-01, 05:06)dgrayfromdc Wrote: Also, is there a way (or a plan to create a way) to select alternate audio tracks? I find that for videos with multiple audio tracks I often don't get the one I want presumably because it's not the first audio track in the file.

That's actually really beyond the scope/responsibility of PseudoTV, but there are two things you can do to:

1. Go to Settings, Appearance, and then International. There you can set the default language audio/subtitle to play for most things.

2. If you want a more fine-tuned option, based on certain conditions, then This Plugin should do the trick.

I haven't tried #2 yet, but it looks like it works well, and more features/tuning to come.
Greetings all...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the info! This guide has been most excellent. I have everything up and running, but have one question. Bumpers...how do I get each individual bumper to play on each individual channel? The only way I've been able to make it work correctly, without each channel playing ALL the bumpers, is to make a single hidden channel for each bumper folder, and then interleave it into the proper channel. Is there a way to make each channel pull the proper bumper from one single bumper folder containing all necessary bumpers? I've searched and searched, and read Milkman's awesome manual from front to back, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
(2013-01-31, 03:46)RockDawg Wrote: Does anybody have channel sharing working properly? I can't seem to get it to work. I enabled channel sharing in the PTV config, created the folder '\PTV shared channels' on my NAS and set it up as a share with public access and I set that path under the shared channel config for PTV, but I get a bunch of errors in my log and the only thing created in the shared channel folder is settings2.xml. I am running the latest Stable-pre from git (downloaded .zip) that I downloaded today.

Here is the log:

Same problem here. I am using the latest stable pre on frodo

on the smb share, only the settings2.xml file is created, so the two boxes are using the same channel structure, however there is no cache folder, so the channels are not in sync
(2013-02-02, 03:52)aptalca Wrote:
(2013-01-31, 03:46)RockDawg Wrote: Does anybody have channel sharing working properly? I can't seem to get it to work. I enabled channel sharing in the PTV config, created the folder '\PTV shared channels' on my NAS and set it up as a share with public access and I set that path under the shared channel config for PTV, but I get a bunch of errors in my log and the only thing created in the shared channel folder is settings2.xml. I am running the latest Stable-pre from git (downloaded .zip) that I downloaded today.

Here is the log:

Same problem here. I am using the latest stable pre on frodo

on the smb share, only the settings2.xml file is created, so the two boxes are using the same channel structure, however there is no cache folder, so the channels are not in sync

After I manually copied the cache folder and both settings files, the boxes are in sync

I guess the problem is that when channel sharing is first turned on, the cache folder is not copied over to it.
  • 252(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25