• 300(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2013-02-04, 16:18)psychomaniac Wrote: I made a mistake... Batch and Lnk do work! I'm not sure why it didn't work with nircmd before but i made a simple batchfile and explorer is starting, kiosk mode and a custom website. If i use .lnk, the argument isn't working, i replace %rom% by www.anywebsite.com and it starts with the normal startpage.
Windows shortcuts (.lnk) do not support arguments. That's not an Advanced Launcher bug or limitation. This is how works windows.

(2013-02-04, 16:18)psychomaniac Wrote: The disadvantage of batch is that XBMC isn't returning full screen after closing explorer. So i tried again with a batchfile witch calls nircmd and i found a sollution!
To avoid XBMC be minimized use "fullscreen window" option rather than "true fullscreen option" into XBMC system video settings.
I've been away from XBMC for a week or so, so this problem may be a little late to the party. Sorry. I've searched back through the posts and didn't see any comments exactly the same.

I have a number of standalone launchers set up that worked just fine up through 1.10.15, but all but one since 1.10.16 have been broken (and still are). They are:

iexplore.exe -- just to pop up an ie window, close by normal mouse control
iexplore.exe -k http://netflix.com -- to pop up N web interface, close by Ctrl-W
iexplore.exe -k http://youtube.com -- to open youtube web interface, close by Ctrl-W
ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /homepage:videoguide.xml /pushstatpage:true -- to open WMC live TV guide, closed by exiting WMC

All of these EXCEPT the Netflix launcher are accessed through the Adv Launcher list. The Netflix laucher was set as a favorite and placed on the home menu line (Aeon Nox). These all worked as designed and normally returned focus to XBMC on closure.

The WMC launcher appears to work ok.

Since 1.10.16 all of the iexplore launchers fail. The ones accessed through the Adv L list "appear" to not be doing anything, the Netflix favorite moves focus to Windows, opens an Adv Launcher message that states "Opening Script" and just sits there. If I click cancel it cancels and returns focus to XBMC. I tried these under Confluence and behavior was the same.

This behavior was the same through 1.10.19.

For laughs, I created a shortcut .lnk of the Netflix launcher and created a standalone launcher for it. Using 1.10.16, this laucher opens a "script failed!: addon.py" window. However using 1.10.19, this .lnk laucher works correctly.

While it appears (haven't done it yet) that I could convert all of my IE launchers to .lnk setups, it might be preferrable to have this behavior corrected if possible.

Short of that, is it possible to turn the Angelscry Repository service off? I took a quick look, but didn't see anything obvious on how to do this.

My setup is:

Win 7 64b fully patched
XBMC Eden (compiled 3/2/2012)
Angelscry repository 1.2.2 (I think, can't find a reference in XBMC)
Advanced Launcher 1.10.15-19
Aeon NOX

Thanks for all the great work.
(2013-02-04, 17:57)davelr Wrote: I've been away from XBMC for a week or so, so this problem may be a little late to the party. Sorry. I've searched back through the posts and didn't see any comments exactly the same.

I have a number of standalone launchers set up that worked just fine up through 1.10.15, but all but one since 1.10.16 have been broken (and still are). They are:

iexplore.exe -k http://netflix.com -- to pop up N web interface, close by Ctrl-W
iexplore.exe -k http://youtube.com -- to open youtube web interface, close by Ctrl-W
ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /homepage:videoguide.xml /pushstatpage:true -- to open WMC live TV guide, closed by exiting WMC

All of these EXCEPT the Netflix launcher are accessed through the Adv Launcher list. The Netflix laucher was set as a favorite and placed on the home menu line (Aeon Nox). These all worked as designed and normally returned focus to XBMC on closure.

Since 1.10.16 all of the iexplore launchers fail. The ones accessed through the Adv L list "appear" to not be doing anything, the Netflix favorite moves focus to Windows, opens an Adv Launcher message that states "Opening Script" and just sits there. If I click cancel it cancels and returns focus to XBMC. I tried these under Confluence and behavior was the same.

For laughs, I created a shortcut .lnk of the Netflix launcher and created a standalone launcher for it. Using 1.10.16, this laucher opens a "script failed!: addon.py" window. However using 1.10.19, this .lnk laucher works correctly.

While it appears (haven't done it yet) that I could convert all of my IE launchers to .lnk setups, it might be preferrable to have this behavior corrected if possible.

Short of that, is it possible to turn the Angelscry Repository service off? I took a quick look, but didn't see anything obvious on how to do this.

My setup is:

Win 7 64b fully patched
Aeon NOX

Please... post a complete launcher.xml file.
You can disable my repository into XBMC from "System/Add-ons/Get Add-ons". Highlight "Angelscry's Repository", hit "C" key and go into "Add-on Information" then select Disable.

But to be honest, since XBMC Frodo do not allows the started external applications to play sounds under Linux, my interest to continue to maintain an add-on for operating systems I did not use... is now really limited.

Hello All,

I'm still relatively new to the XBMC scene but I recently updated to Frodo from Eden with the AOEN Nox 4 skin running on windows 8.

Anyway, everything seemed to auto update smoothly but when I updated Advanced Launcher a lot the cover art and fan art went missing for all of my games (over 2000 to be exactish). I shrugged if off and started to updated everything again and was about finished when I click to download some fan art for a game and then I get the "addon.py" error. So I back out and go back into the emulator folder and get the same error.

I decide to just reboot, well when I get back to advanced launcher it appears to have deleted everything and starts as if it was new again with no links to anything.

Now, is there anything I can do to get back my hours of organization or do I have to start over again?

Or is this some kind of issue that has a remedy I can do?

I apologize for not being more in depth but I'm writing this at work.

Thanks for you time.
(2013-02-04, 17:57)davelr Wrote: I've been away from XBMC for a week or so, so this problem may be a little late to the party. Sorry. I've searched back through the posts and didn't see any comments exactly the same.

My setup is:

Win 7 64b fully patched
Aeon NOX

I had the same problem. You can also fix it with the program: NirCMD. You have to change your launchers though...

With explorer.exe the problem is the same, it wouldn't start anything, but NirCMD is also here a sollution Smile
(2013-02-04, 18:15)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 17:57)davelr Wrote: ....

My setup is:

Win 7 64b fully patched
Aeon NOX

You can disable my repository into XBMC from "System/Add-ons/Get Add-ons". Highlight "Angelscry's Repository", hit "C" key and go into "Add-on Information" then select Disable.

But to be honest, since XBMC Frodo do not allows the started external applications to play sounds under Linux, my interest to continue to maintain an add-on for operating systems I did not use... is now really limited.

Sure thing, code is posted below.

Did a little more digging using 1.10.19.

The "TV (antenna)" and "tnetflix" launchers both work correctly. The tnetflix launcher calls ie.

The "Internet Exporer" and "You Tube" launchers both start two iexplorer processes but do nothing else. The focus stays on the launcher list screen and you can select and fire off another launcher. The iexplorer processes stay in the stack and you just get more and more of them.

Thanks for the info on how to disable the repository. If I can make the .lnk launchers work reliably I'lll probably leave it on. Question: do all previous versions stay in my XBMC install forever? I assume they go away if XBMC has to be reinstalled?

So I assume your primary OS is Linux? Sorry to hear that you may have to cut back on support, but understandable. Can be tons of work. Thanks again for the add-on, it makes XBMC useable for me.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<launchers>
    <launcher>
        <id>25251bfddfe3a4a3e76f360918d22cb1</id>
        <name>Internet Explorer - (Ctrl W) to quit</name>
        <application>C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</application>
        <args></args>
        <rompath></rompath>
        <thumbpath>C:\Users\dlross\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\</thumbpath>
        <fanartpath>C:\Users\dlross\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\</fanartpath>
        <custompath>C:\Users\dlross\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\</custompath>
        <romext></romext>
        <platform>IBM PC Compatible</platform>
        <thumb>C:\Users\dlross\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\b\b096f08c.jpg</thumb>
        <fanart></fanart>
        <genre></genre>
        <release></release>
        <publisher></publisher>
        <launcherplot></launcherplot>
        <finished>false</finished>
        <minimize>false</minimize>
        <lnk>true</lnk>
        <roms>
        </roms>
    </launcher>
    <launcher>
        <id>6fe48658eb7d45a07723edf66fc862c6</id>
        <name>Netflix - (Ctrl W) to quit</name>
        <application>C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</application>
        <args>-k http://netflix.com</args>
        <rompath></rompath>
        <thumbpath>C:\Users\dlross\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\</thumbpath>
        <fanartpath>C:\Users\dlross\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\</fanartpath>
        <custompath>C:\Users\dlross\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\</custompath>
        <romext></romext>
        <thumb>C:\Users\dlross\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\4\464f9d56.JPG</thumb>
        <fanart></fanart>
        <genre></genre>
        <release></release>
        <publisher></publisher>
        <finished>true</finished>
        <lnk>true</lnk>
        <roms>
        </roms>
    </launcher>
    <launcher>
        <id>36732b356a172c78a27a0011f49c497d</id>
        <name>TV (antenna)</name>
        <application>C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe</application>
        <args>/nostartupanimation /homepage:videoguide.xml /pushstartpage:true</args>
        <rompath></rompath>
        <romext></romext>
        <thumb>C:\Users\dlross\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\5\5f6120ff.jpg</thumb>
        <fanart></fanart>
        <genre></genre>
        <release></release>
        <publisher></publisher>
        <lnk>true</lnk>
        <roms>
        </roms>
    </launcher>
    <launcher>
        <id>84690310fb17a0e2b9bf0614696c58e5</id>
        <name>YouTube - (Ctrl W) to quit</name>
        <args>-k http://youtube.com</args>
        <rompath></rompath>
        <romext></romext>
        <thumb>C:\Users\dlross\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\1\1a8e2b11.png</thumb>
        <fanart></fanart>
        <genre></genre>
        <release></release>
        <publisher></publisher>
        <lnk>true</lnk>
        <roms>
        </roms>
    </launcher>
    <launcher>
        <id>e860877a4b6de4489c7b33993dfb8433</id>
        <name>tnetflix</name>
        <application>C:\tnetflix.lnk</application>
        <args></args>
        <rompath></rompath>
        <thumbpath>C:\</thumbpath>
        <fanartpath>C:\</fanartpath>
        <custompath>C:\</custompath>
        <romext></romext>
        <thumb></thumb>
        <fanart></fanart>
        <genre></genre>
        <release></release>
        <publisher></publisher>
        <lnk>true</lnk>
        <roms>
        </roms>
    </launcher>
</launchers>

(2013-02-04, 19:10)psychomaniac Wrote: I had the same problem. You can also fix it with the program: NirCMD. You have to change your launchers though...

With explorer.exe the problem is the same, it wouldn't start anything, but NirCMD is also here a sollution Smile

Thanks for feedback. Not familiar with NirCMD, but will download it and give it a shot.
(2013-02-04, 18:48)fictionalnape Wrote: I'm still relatively new to the XBMC scene but I recently updated to Frodo from Eden with the AOEN Nox 4 skin running on windows 8.

Anyway, everything seemed to auto update smoothly but when I updated Advanced Launcher a lot the cover art and fan art went missing for all of my games (over 2000 to be exactish). I shrugged if off and started to updated everything again and was about finished when I click to download some fan art for a game and then I get the "addon.py" error. So I back out and go back into the emulator folder and get the same error.

I decide to just reboot, well when I get back to advanced launcher it appears to have deleted everything and starts as if it was new again with no links to anything.

Now, is there anything I can do to get back my hours of organization or do I have to start over again?

I'm actually working on it and try to fix it. The problem only occurs for version of XBMC released after RC2... and actually I do not know why this problem occurs :
  • no error message (the error message appearing is due to the fact that the launchers.xml file has been wiped)
  • error not clearly reproducible (mostly occurring during manual thumb/fanart scraping... but not at any time)
  • no error/debug message into XBMC log file.
So I cannot tell you when it will be fixed. I thought that version 1.10.19 will do it... but it is not the case. Sorry.
(2013-02-04, 19:23)davelr Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 18:15)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 17:57)davelr Wrote: ....

My setup is:

Win 7 64b fully patched
Aeon NOX

Sure thing, code is posted below.

Did a little more digging using 1.10.19.

The "TV (antenna)" and "tnetflix" launchers both work correctly. The tnetflix launcher calls ie.

The "Internet Exporer" and "You Tube" launchers both start two iexplorer processes but do nothing else. The focus stays on the launcher list screen and you can select and fire off another launcher. The iexplorer processes stay in the stack and you just get more and more of them.

Thanks for the info on how to disable the repository. If I can make the .lnk launchers work reliably I'lll probably leave it on. Question: do all previous versions stay in my XBMC install forever? I assume they go away if XBMC has to be reinstalled?

So I assume your primary OS is Linux? Sorry to hear that you may have to cut back on support, but understandable. Can be tons of work. Thanks again for the add-on, it makes XBMC useable for me.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<launchers>
    <launcher>
        <id>25251bfddfe3a4a3e76f360918d22cb1</id>
        <name>Internet Explorer - (Ctrl W) to quit</name>
        <args></args>
        <rompath></rompath>
        <romext></romext>
        <thumb>C:\Users\dlross\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\b\b096f08c.jpg</thumb>
        <fanart></fanart>
        <genre></genre>
        <release></release>
        <publisher></publisher>
        <lnk>true</lnk>
        <roms>
        </roms>
    </launcher>
    <launcher>
        <id>6fe48658eb7d45a07723edf66fc862c6</id>
        <name>Netflix - (Ctrl W) to quit</name>
        <args>-k http://netflix.com</args>
        <rompath></rompath>
        <romext></romext>
        <thumb>C:\Users\dlross\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\4\464f9d56.JPG</thumb>
        <fanart></fanart>
        <genre></genre>
        <release></release>
        <publisher></publisher>
        <finished>true</finished>
        <lnk>true</lnk>
        <roms>
        </roms>
    </launcher>
    <launcher>
        <id>36732b356a172c78a27a0011f49c497d</id>
        <name>TV (antenna)</name>
        <application>C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe</application>
        <args>/nostartupanimation /homepage:videoguide.xml /pushstartpage:true</args>
        <rompath></rompath>
        <romext></romext>
        <thumb>C:\Users\dlross\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\5\5f6120ff.jpg</thumb>
        <fanart></fanart>
        <genre></genre>
        <release></release>
        <publisher></publisher>
        <lnk>true</lnk>
        <roms>
        </roms>
    </launcher>
    <launcher>
        <id>84690310fb17a0e2b9bf0614696c58e5</id>
        <name>YouTube - (Ctrl W) to quit</name>
        <args>-k http://youtube.com</args>
        <rompath></rompath>
        <romext></romext>
        <thumb>C:\Users\dlross\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\1\1a8e2b11.png</thumb>
        <fanart></fanart>
        <genre></genre>
        <release></release>
        <publisher></publisher>
        <lnk>true</lnk>
        <roms>
        </roms>
    </launcher>
    <launcher>
        <id>e860877a4b6de4489c7b33993dfb8433</id>
        <name>tnetflix</name>
        <application>C:\tnetflix.lnk</application>
        <args></args>
        <rompath></rompath>
        <thumbpath>C:\</thumbpath>
        <fanartpath>C:\</fanartpath>
        <custompath>C:\</custompath>
        <romext></romext>
        <thumb></thumb>
        <fanart></fanart>
        <genre></genre>
        <release></release>
        <publisher></publisher>
        <lnk>true</lnk>
        <roms>
        </roms>
    </launcher>
</launchers>

(2013-02-04, 19:10)psychomaniac Wrote: I had the same problem. You can also fix it with the program: NirCMD. You have to change your launchers though...

Thanks for feedback. Not familiar with NirCMD, but will download it and give it a shot.
@davelr, @psychomaniac
Please, could you both confirm me that the problem occurs only and really only with Internet Explorer? If you replace for example Internet Explorer by Chrome or Firefox, does the problem still occurs. One thing important I have forget to ask you... which version of Internet Explorer are you using?

The bug seems linked to version 1.10.15 adding a feature to hide command windows appearing when .lnk shortcuts was started from Advanced Launcher. This problem was not occurring on my Win 8 system... and I do not knwo what could be the relation between both. If I'm not able to fix it... I will remove this feature.

Hi! I'm having a little trouble with Advanced Launcher since upgrading to Frodo. Fceux, fusion, and pcsx2 now crash on startup if run from Advanced Launcher. Zsnes, desmume, and steam games load without sound. If I start it from anywhere else (using the same batch file I use to start it with advanced launcher) it works fine, even if I start it while xbmc is still running. If I disable sound within any given emulator that crashes, it works (albiet without sound). Here is what I hope is the relevant information you may need. I apologize in advance, my setup is a little convoluted, as I had no idea what I was doing when I started, and sort of created a Frankenstein as a result...

This is just a representative sample of launcher.xml. They're all set up pretty much the same way, though if you need more I can add the whole file. It's just fairly huge is all.

PHP Code:
    <launcher>
        <
id>834e3de14cc6f05e5507998f26a9fbde</id>
        <
name>Nintendo</name>
        <
application>C:\Users\David\Downloads\NES Emulator\Nintendo.bat</application>
        <
args>"%rom%"</args>
        <
rompath>C:\Users\David\Downloads\NES Emulator\ROMs\</rompath>
        <
thumbpath>C:\Users\David\Downloads\NES Emulator\ROMs\</thumbpath>
        <
fanartpath>C:\Users\David\Downloads\NES Emulator\ROMs\</fanartpath>
        <
custompath>C:\Users\David\Downloads\NES Emulator\ROMs\</custompath>
        <
romext>nes|zip</romext>
        <
platform>Nintendo Entertainment System</platform>
        <
thumb>C:\Users\David\Downloads\NES Emulator\ROMs\fceux.exe_thumb.jpg</thumb>
        <
fanart>C:\Users\David\Downloads\NES Emulator\ROMs\fceux.exe_fanart.jpg</fanart>
        <
genre></genre>
        <
release></release>
        <
publisher></publisher>
        <
launcherplot></launcherplot>
        <
finished>false</finished>
        <
minimize>false</minimize>
        <
lnk>true</lnk

Here is the contents of the batch file I use to load the emulator. Note it has a few AutoIt scripts involved as well as the pssuspend tool, as it was the only way I could get it to work under Eden.

PHP Code:
@echo off

REM pause XBMC 
and call for the game startup

minimizexbmc
.exe

psSuspend XBMC
.exe

rem start 
/wait holdup.exe 500

start 
/wait fceux.exe %1

REM resume XBMC

pssuspend 
-r xbmc.exe

maximizexbmc
.exe 

minimizexbmc.exe and maximizexbmc.exe are autoit scripts that do just that. Holdup.exe is an autoit script that just sleeps for 'x' milliseconds, 'x' being whatever number you put in as the argument. This helped on a previously used slower machine that needed time to get itself sorted before the emulator launched, but is not necessary on my new setup. I remarked it out. I also tried changing the fceux launcher to just directly launch fceux.exe and skip over my batch file just in case that was what's doing it, but the error still occurred. So, given that I can launch everything fine even with XBMC running as long as I don't use advanced launcher, my best guess is that it's a bug relating to advanced launcher playing nice with Frodo. And since everything works if I disable sound in the emulator or use directsound instead of wasapi in xbmc, I'm guessing it has to do wasapi exclusivity or something (I like pretending I know what I'm talking about, haha!). I'd be loathe to go to directsound, as the whole reason I went to Frodo was to bitstream HD audio.

I'd love any help if possible. Sorry for the wordy post... I'm not very good at this stuff so I'm trying to give all possible information. Speaking of which, I should probably mention platform and all that:

windows 7 64 bit
Frodo Final
Intel HDMI wasapi drivers (sound/graphics card is intel HD 4000)
Advanced Launcher version 1.10.19

EDIT: just occurred to me a debug log might help (derp) so I put one on pastebin here. Note it starts out on directsound (I forgot I had left it that way after testing) and it works fine, then I switch back to wasapi and try and load it again and it crashes.
(2013-02-04, 20:01)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 18:48)fictionalnape Wrote: I'm still relatively new to the XBMC scene but I recently updated to Frodo from Eden with the AOEN Nox 4 skin running on windows 8.

I'm actually working on it and try to fix it. The problem only occurs for version of XBMC released after RC2... and actually I do not know why this problem occurs :
  • no error message (the error message appearing is due to the fact that the launchers.xml file has been wiped)
  • error not clearly reproducible (mostly occurring during manual thumb/fanart scraping... but not at any time)
  • no error/debug message into XBMC log file.
So I cannot tell you when it will be fixed. I thought that version 1.10.19 will do it... but it is not the case. Sorry.

Thanks for the heads up, I really appreciate it. I was just worried that I did something really wrong.

(2013-02-04, 21:55)Broken9754 Wrote: Hi! I'm having a little trouble with Advanced Launcher since upgrading to Frodo. Fceux, fusion, and pcsx2 now crash on startup if run from Advanced Launcher. Zsnes, desmume, and steam games load without sound. If I start it from anywhere else (using the same batch file I use to start it with advanced launcher) it works fine, even if I start it while xbmc is still running. If I disable sound within any given emulator that crashes, it works (albiet without sound). Here is what I hope is the relevant information you may need. I apologize in advance, my setup is a little convoluted, as I had no idea what I was doing when I started, and sort of created a Frankenstein as a result...

This is just a representative sample of launcher.xml. They're all set up pretty much the same way, though if you need more I can add the whole file. It's just fairly huge is all.

PHP Code:
    <launcher>
        <
id>834e3de14cc6f05e5507998f26a9fbde</id>
        <
name>Nintendo</name>
        <
application>C:\Users\David\Downloads\NES Emulator\Nintendo.bat</application>
        <
args>"%rom%"</args>
        <
rompath>C:\Users\David\Downloads\NES Emulator\ROMs\</rompath>
        <
thumbpath>C:\Users\David\Downloads\NES Emulator\ROMs\</thumbpath>
        <
fanartpath>C:\Users\David\Downloads\NES Emulator\ROMs\</fanartpath>
        <
custompath>C:\Users\David\Downloads\NES Emulator\ROMs\</custompath>
        <
romext>nes|zip</romext>
        <
platform>Nintendo Entertainment System</platform>
        <
thumb>C:\Users\David\Downloads\NES Emulator\ROMs\fceux.exe_thumb.jpg</thumb>
        <
fanart>C:\Users\David\Downloads\NES Emulator\ROMs\fceux.exe_fanart.jpg</fanart>
        <
genre></genre>
        <
release></release>
        <
publisher></publisher>
        <
launcherplot></launcherplot>
        <
finished>false</finished>
        <
minimize>false</minimize>
        <
lnk>true</lnk

Here is the contents of the batch file I use to load the emulator. Note it has a few AutoIt scripts involved as well as the pssuspend tool, as it was the only way I could get it to work under Eden.

PHP Code:
@echo off

REM pause XBMC 
and call for the game startup

minimizexbmc
.exe

psSuspend XBMC
.exe

rem start 
/wait holdup.exe 500

start 
/wait fceux.exe %1

REM resume XBMC

pssuspend 
-r xbmc.exe

maximizexbmc
.exe 

minimizexbmc.exe and maximizexbmc.exe are autoit scripts that do just that. Holdup.exe is an autoit script that just sleeps for 'x' milliseconds, 'x' being whatever number you put in as the argument. This helped on a previously used slower machine that needed time to get itself sorted before the emulator launched, but is not necessary on my new setup. I remarked it out. I also tried changing the fceux launcher to just directly launch fceux.exe and skip over my batch file just in case that was what's doing it, but the error still occurred. So, given that I can launch everything fine even with XBMC running as long as I don't use advanced launcher, my best guess is that it's a bug relating to advanced launcher playing nice with Frodo. And since everything works if I disable sound in the emulator or use directsound instead of wasapi in xbmc, I'm guessing it has to do wasapi exclusivity or something (I like pretending I know what I'm talking about, haha!). I'd be loathe to go to directsound, as the whole reason I went to Frodo was to bitstream HD audio.

I'd love any help if possible. Sorry for the wordy post... I'm not very good at this stuff so I'm trying to give all possible information. Speaking of which, I should probably mention platform and all that:

windows 7 64 bit
Frodo Final
Intel HDMI wasapi drivers (sound/graphics card is intel HD 4000)

EDIT: just occurred to me a debug log might help (derp) so I put one on pastebin here. Note it starts out on directsound (I forgot I had left it that way after testing) and it works fine, then I switch back to wasapi and try and load it again and it crashes.
This problem is only related to XBMC. Advanced Launcher do not have any control on audio parameters. It is well known now that the new Frodo version of XBMC avoid some applications started from XBMC to play sound correctly (no sound... or crash like in your case). Now that Frodo is released we have to deal with it.... And I cannot change/fix anything from Advanced launcher.

The only way to avoid this now, is to use .bat or AutoIt scripts that will kill XBMC before starting the application and restart XBMC once the application is closed :
http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6

And you are lucky. As a linux user of XBMC Frodo I do not have any more sound from any application started from XBMC on my HTPC system using HDMI output (analog ouput works correctly).
(2013-02-04, 22:14)Angelscry Wrote: The only way to avoid this now, is to use .bat or AutoIt scripts that will kill XBMC before starting the application and restart XBMC once the application is closed :
http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6

And you are lucky. As a linux user of XBMC Frodo I do not have any more sound from any application started from XBMC on my HTPC system using HDMI output (analog ouput works correctly).

Ouch!! Yeah, that's what I've been doing in the meantime, switching everything over to batch scripts that just kill xbmc. Not the most ideal solution in the world but functional for now. So it'd be a huuuuge waste of time to try RCB instead then I'm gathering? How impossible would it be to write a script that toggled xbmc's audio output between wasapi and directsound upon launching/closing a game? And just out of academic curiosity, how come I can just shrink xbmc manually and launch the games that way? Frodo just literally has something in it that keeps a strangle hold on the audio device only if it's launched from within xbmc but not if xbmc is just running? Weird. Anyway, thanks for the very quick reply and all your work!

EDIT:
Quote:How impossible would it be to write a script that toggled xbmc's audio output between wasapi and directsound upon launching/closing a game?

Just to answer my own question: Fairly impossible, it would seem. This functionality was removed from XBMC when they switched from the httpapi to json, apparently. C'est la vie. Nothing to do but wait and hope.
(2013-02-04, 22:29)Broken9754 Wrote: So it'd be a huuuuge waste of time to try RCB instead then I'm gathering?
I don't know. Maybe Malte use a different way to start emulators.

Version 1.11.0:
This new version of Advanced Launcher attempt to fix all the annoying bugs appearing during the last days. It first fix the way thumbs and fanart images are saved during update/refresh. I'm not sure it will definitively fix the problem of launchers.xml file corruption (empty saved file) but for now I was not able to reproduce the problem. This version also rollback to the way used by version 1.10.15 to start windows application to avoid problem under Windows systems.

Changelog:
  • Fix launcher thumb image update/refresh.
  • Fix launcher fanart image update/refresh.
  • Rollback way to start Windows application as for version 1.10.15.
Because previous version was really unstable, feedback on this version will be really appreciated.
(2013-02-04, 22:37)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 22:29)Broken9754 Wrote: So it'd be a huuuuge waste of time to try RCB instead then I'm gathering?
I don't know. Maybe Malte use a different way to start emulators.

It would appear not Wink Crashes too.

This is when I admit defeat, haha. I'll just change the wife's profile to directsound and use that one for emulators. She can't hear the difference anyway Tongue
  • 300(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24