• 16(current)
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
(2013-02-05, 11:24)Xycl Wrote: Fix: MyPicsDB wil stop scanning as soon as an unkown/illegal EXIF marker is found.
Version 1.9.22 corrects this issue.
If you leave it like this and I understood well, it can be painful to be able to scan a whole collection... Each time it stops, I need to find out the file with issues, exclude it from the folder and restart scan.

Suggestion: Isn't it possible to simply skip it, jump to next file and write an error stating it in xbmc.log?

That would make much more sense, what do you think?
Oh sorry, I meant scanning of the current picture with illegal EXIF marker is stopped, but MyPicsDB will continue scanning with the next picture.
Only EXIF scanning is stopped for this picture, IPTC and XMP scanning is independ from this.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
(2013-02-05, 12:08)Xycl Wrote: Oh sorry, I meant scanning of the current picture with illegal EXIF marker is stopped, but MyPicsDB will continue scanning with the next picture.
Only EXIF scanning is stopped for this picture, IPTC and XMP scanning is independ from this.
Perfect then. And will we be able to identify exactly which files were excluded from scanning due to this issue?

Any way of easily knowing which illegal EXIF tag prevented MyPicsDB from scanning it?

Another thing: I still don't seem to find any browse option other than 'Browse by Date', 'Browse by Folders' and 'Browse by Tags'. In the addon settings, I have chosen to see all. I'm sure I have files with Person tag (for 'Browse by Persons') and Country+City (for 'Browse by Geography'), so I don't know what's wrong here...

Thanks in advance for all your help and support.

One last thing: would it be make sense to add a setting to offer to automatically scan pictures after adding a path, instead of automatically jumping with the popup window (which doesn't work at all until the source is actually and successfully added)?
(2013-02-05, 12:35)pplucky Wrote: Any way of easily knowing which illegal EXIF tag prevented MyPicsDB from scanning it?
It's not a tag it's an EXIF marker. That means a marker is illegal which shows to the location the EXIF information is stored.

(2013-02-05, 12:35)pplucky Wrote: Another thing: I still don't seem to find any browse option other than 'Browse by Date', 'Browse by Folders' and 'Browse by Tags'. In the addon settings, I have chosen to see all. I'm sure I have files with Person tag (for 'Browse by Persons') and Country+City (for 'Browse by Geography'), so I don't know what's wrong here...
You can do it with "Browse by tags".
The nested "Browse by Geography" will be reintroduced as soon as I'll get the time for it.

(2013-02-05, 12:35)pplucky Wrote: One last thing: would it be make sense to add a setting to offer to automatically scan pictures after adding a path, instead of automatically jumping with the popup window (which doesn't work at all until the source is actually and successfully added)?
I don't understand you. Which dialog doesn't work?
No log no help.
(2013-02-05, 13:33)Xycl Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 12:35)pplucky Wrote: Another thing: I still don't seem to find any browse option other than 'Browse by Date', 'Browse by Folders' and 'Browse by Tags'. In the addon settings, I have chosen to see all. I'm sure I have files with Person tag (for 'Browse by Persons') and Country+City (for 'Browse by Geography'), so I don't know what's wrong here...
You can do it with "Browse by tags".
The nested "Browse by Geography" will be reintroduced as soon as I'll get the time for it.
OK, it's just that the "Browse by tags" won't allow to browse per country and then per city within the country, which I suppose the 'Browse by Geography' would, no?

Anyway, "Browse by tags" can be used as a workaround until you reintroduce the "Browse by Geography". What about the "Browse by Persons" and others missing?

(2013-02-05, 13:33)Xycl Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 12:35)pplucky Wrote: One last thing: would it be make sense to add a setting to offer to automatically scan pictures after adding a path, instead of automatically jumping with the popup window (which doesn't work at all until the source is actually and successfully added)?
I don't understand you. Which dialog doesn't work?
After adding a new path, you get an immediate popup asking if you want to do a scan now. But that popup doesn't work until the path is actually and successfully added (meaning if you try to click the yes button - to do the scan immediately - before the message stating that the path is successfully added).

I think this is logged in XBMC.log. Check here, in lines 1517 to 1532 (I think errors in lines 1525, 1528 and 1531 are due to me trying to confirm to do a scan but the popup was still not active until the source was added).

I don't know if it is only MyPicsDB in my XBMC taking longer than it should... That's why I was suggesting adding a setting for you to decide if you ALWAYS want to see that popup after adding a new path or no (meaning you would have to request a scan manually afterwards).
(2013-02-05, 13:41)pplucky Wrote: OK, it's just that the "Browse by tags" won't allow to browse per country and then per city within the country, which I suppose the 'Browse by Geography' would, no?
Anyway, "Browse by tags" can be used as a workaround until you reintroduce the "Browse by Geography". What about the "Browse by Persons" and others missing?
If you have tagged persons then these tags appear in "Browse by tags".
EDIT:
Recognized tags are XMP:
  • MPRegTongueersonDisplayName
  • Iptc4xmpExtTongueersonInImage
  • Mwg-rs:RegionList:Face

(2013-02-05, 13:41)pplucky Wrote: After adding a new path, you get an immediate popup asking if you want to do a scan now. But that popup doesn't work until the path is actually and successfully added (meaning if you try to click the yes button - to do the scan immediately - before the message stating that the path is successfully added).

I think this is logged in XBMC.log. Check here, in lines 1517 to 1532 (I think errors in lines 1525, 1528 and 1531 are due to me trying to confirm to do a scan but the popup was still not active until the source was added).

I don't know if it is only MyPicsDB in my XBMC taking longer than it should... That's why I was suggesting adding a setting for you to decide if you ALWAYS want to see that popup after adding a new path or no (meaning you would have to request a scan manually afterwards).
The errors in lines 1525, 1528 and 1531 are from dialogaddonscan.

And no, what you get is the question whether the path should by recursively scanned or not.
Afterwards the path is added to the database and flagged accordingly.
Then you are asked whether you want to scan the new path or not.
This makes sense because you can add a lot of paths without scanning them. And after adding the last path you can select "Scan all paths".
No log no help.
(2013-02-05, 16:55)Xycl Wrote: And no, what you get is the question whether the path should by recursively scanned or not.
True.

(2013-02-05, 16:55)Xycl Wrote: Afterwards the path is added to the database and flagged accordingly.
Then you are asked whether you want to scan the new path or not.
Actually it happens in the reverse order, causing the behavior I mentioned before.

(2013-02-05, 16:55)Xycl Wrote: This makes sense because you can add a lot of paths without scanning them. And after adding the last path you can select "Scan all paths".
Agree, but it could be a setting chosen by the user to have this second popup (to scan the new path) automatically or not. Just an idea...
New MyPicsDB Release 2.0.0 for Frodo and 1.3.4 for Eden

Both versions are now in official XBMC repository.
ATTENTION: Database update forces a re-scan of all pictures!

Main feature is the support of pictures on remote shares which are accessible with SMB or NFS.

Changes:
  • New file scanner
    • Remote shares are supported.
    • Picture sources with multi paths are supported.
  • Scanning can be cancelled by clicking on the close button of the scan dialog.
    Attention: If you change the view (change from pictures to main menu or to movies) the cancel button will automatically get the focus!
  • Initial tag translations are now part of the Transifex translations. Therefore sign up and translate tag types like category or keyword into your language.
  • New logging introduced.

Xycl
No log no help.
Great work. Really looking forward to update. This addon has really come a long way.

FFY
Now the only thing we really need is somekind of automation built in. It would be great if the addon could schedule a nightly / weekly scan without the need for any kind of external script or another addon.

FFY
Next step will be the possibilty to save and load filter wizard settings Big Grin
I try to estimate the added value for everyone using the add-on and I think that it's not very convinient to reenter complex filter settings.

Xycl
No log no help.
(2013-02-05, 13:33)Xycl Wrote: You can do it with "Browse by tags".

After thinking about "Browse by Geography" I really don't see a reason to reintroduce it. Why should I select Spain and then Madrid or Great Britain and then London? If I want to see pictures from Berlin then I'll select City -> Berlin but not Country -> Germany and then City -> Berlin.
No log no help.
(2013-02-11, 11:39)Xycl Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 13:33)Xycl Wrote: You can do it with "Browse by tags".
After thinking about "Browse by Geography" I really don't see a reason to reintroduce it. Why should I select Spain and then Madrid or Great Britain and then London? If I want to see pictures from Berlin then I'll select City -> Berlin but not Country -> Germany and then City -> Berlin.
Yes, but that would also be true for all other shortcuts, which can all be done through 'Browse by tags"...

I think it would be a nice to have, because when you have a lot of cities (including smaller not so known ones), it can be cumbersome to know exactly which cities belong to which country... That's just my opinion...
I didn't want to say that it's not a nice feature, but I've to organize my time.
Saving/loading filter settings, Mysql support or a MyPicsDB screensaver showing pictures from a predefined filter "seems" to give a better value for the spent time.

And most important: I want to start the devolpment of a calendar add-on like the one on http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66339
No log no help.
Hi XYCL,

I just found this addon. Sounds great.
I just installed the addon from the official repo. Unfortunately it doesn't scan or at least it doesn't add anything to the db. (0,0,0)
What could I possibly do wrong?
I have added the share with my photos to the sources in the Pictures sektion, but no luck.

Another question: Do I understand correctly, that the addon doesn't support a central MySql datase?
TIA
Umtauscher

P.S. Tested it on OSX Mountain Lion and Windows XP, shares are SMB on a Linux server.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1