• 73(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
(2013-02-06, 13:00)timmken Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 09:47)Zebbe152 Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 00:32)Tompen Wrote: Maybe this solves it.
After I made this change HTBackdrops works for me in OpenELEC.

The change I did was:
In xbmc/music/spotyXBMC I changed all occurances of:
Code:
SetProperty("fanart_image",
to
Code:
SetArt("fanart",

I found your fix a couple of days ago and tried it. Works perfectly Smile

Hi all,

still cant get this to work even after the changes... Which skin are you using and which settings for the background ?
I am using Aeon Nox with background setting "artistfanart". I am only getting a green spotify-logo in background Sad

Any ideas ?

Thx.
Tom

I applied the changes to both "Addon.music.spotify.cpp" and "Utils.cpp"
I'm using Aeon MQ 4, and with the background setting set to "artistfanart" just like you. The green spotify background will be used when there's no fan art available at HTBackdrops.com.

If you can't get it to work, send me a PM with your email and I'll send you the edited files.
I realy apreciate you work - just being curiouse if it is planned to release this addon oficially some time soon?

thx !
(2013-02-06, 18:50)Zebbe152 Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 13:00)timmken Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 09:47)Zebbe152 Wrote: I found your fix a couple of days ago and tried it. Works perfectly Smile

Hi all,

still cant get this to work even after the changes... Which skin are you using and which settings for the background ?
I am using Aeon Nox with background setting "artistfanart". I am only getting a green spotify-logo in background Sad

Any ideas ?

Thx.
Tom

I applied the changes to both "Addon.music.spotify.cpp" and "Utils.cpp"
I'm using Aeon MQ 4, and with the background setting set to "artistfanart" just like you. The green spotify background will be used when there's no fan art available at HTBackdrops.com.

If you can't get it to work, send me a PM with your email and I'll send you the edited files.

SOLVED:

Seems that many of my bands didnt have a backdrop... If i play some ordinary music it works Smile

Thank you.
Is there a possibility to see the "Starred"-titles as a separate Playlist ?? For now i use workaround to create separate Playlist and copy all starred-titles in there, but nicer would be if it would update itself like a normal playlist.
Did somebody manage to get this running on mac osx?
What is the reason that the github page states OSX - Not supported? Is it just lack of manpower to get this going?
(2013-02-10, 19:03)roaster Wrote: Did somebody manage to get this running on mac osx?
What is the reason that the github page states OSX - Not supported? Is it just lack of manpower to get this going?
roaster, I am not aware of anyone that have tried. Maybe it works, maybe some code change needed.
If you attempt compile on OSX, here is the libspotify link
Spotyxbmc does not use the latest libspotify. Spotify have removed the link to this previous version from the web, but it is still downloadable.

If you attempt, you would need to add the spotyXBMC source files so they are included when you compile. xbmc/music/spotyXBMC
It would be really nice to have spotyxbmc on the OSX version as well. Anyone tried it with success?
(2013-02-02, 23:29)neoflex Wrote: https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/tree/Frodo Wink

Not tested on windows, works fine for me on Ubuntu

neo is this allowing us to compile an xbmc version 12(frodo final) install exe file with spotify integration?

reveargeance,

im not sure how these installs deal with existing addons & settings. i always just do a fresh install and set everything up again.

just a random suggestion (a simple mistake i made once) - as for your errors did you alter the following line in the instructions to suit the name of the build that you wanted to use?

"6. Download the SpotyXBMC source code by typing:
git clone git://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2.git "
Sorry to be thick...

How do I clone the frodo branch of spotyxbmc2?
https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/tree/Frodo

If I use the original instructions
Quote:6. Download the SpotyXBMC source code by typing:
git clone git://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2.git
Surely, I won't get the new branch just the master?

Hope my explanation makes sense... github is quite tricky to understand for the uninitiated (i.e ME).

Any EASY guides out there?
(2013-02-16, 23:22)MatLCFC Wrote: Sorry to be thick...

How do I clone the frodo branch of spotyxbmc2?
https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/tree/Frodo

If I use the original instructions
Quote:6. Download the SpotyXBMC source code by typing:
git clone git://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2.git
Surely, I won't get the new branch just the master?

Hope my explanation makes sense... github is quite tricky to understand for the uninitiated (i.e ME).

Any EASY guides out there?

Use "git clone" exactly as you did. Go into the folder with "cd spotyxbmc2", then use "git checkout" to switch to the branch you want to use, in this case "git checkout Frodo".
thanks for the reply...

git clone exactly as you did - check
cd spotyxbmc2 - check

But the command "git checkout frodo" doesn't work. Please can you confirm exactly what i need to type.

thanks for the reply...

git clone exactly as you did - check
cd spotyxbmc2 - check

But the command "git checkout frodo" doesn't work. Please can you confirm exactly what i need to type.
I have compiled both the master and Frodo branch today from https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2.git

spotify works, but no PVR client in the addons menu?

Also deleted .xbmc home folder in case there was a conflict.

Any suggestions what to do? (I need the tvheadend pvr client)
I have tried using this post by Alex84 (i have a ASROCK ION running XBMCBuntu 12.0)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid886098.

But no joy. I did everything step by step like he, but still nothing.

Can someone help me.
I get an error when i try to run the buildmingwlibs.bat in the win32build setup.
It says;
the system cannot find the path specified.

the two previous .bat files in the BuildDependencies folder works fine.
Running windows 7 32-bit!
It would be so great if spotify was inergrated in XBMC, this is the last step in completing XBMC as it sould be...Nod

BUT i just cant get it to work Sad, i have absolutly no knowledge about coding, github, OpenElec.. It seems like these are things u need to know about if u want this to work.
I got spotimc running but that really isent the way i would like to use spotify in XBMC, spotify should run in the music tab as it would look like when u got the music on a hard disk.

My questions are:
1. is there a EASY guide for a noob as i am to install spotyxbmc2 on XBMC frodo using a windows based system?
2. will there be a addon for spotify in the near future? (besides spotimc as i dont like the looks and feel of that addon as i explained above)

hope someone can help here, and im guessing there a more ppl like me hoping for simple instalation instructions Tongue
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10