• 60(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
I can get the streams to work on multiple PCs and a iPad but not on a mobile device (cell phone that is on wireless or a cell network), anyone else tried this and seeing better results?
(2013-02-10, 01:16)spooner404 Wrote: I can get the streams to work on multiple PCs and a iPad but not on a mobile device (cell phone that is on wireless or a cell network), anyone else tried this and seeing better results?

It's a known issue Smile. Ill fix it soon!
(2013-02-10, 01:18)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 01:16)spooner404 Wrote: I can get the streams to work on multiple PCs and a iPad but not on a mobile device (cell phone that is on wireless or a cell network), anyone else tried this and seeing better results?

It's a known issue Smile. Ill fix it soon!

I was curious if it was all mobile devices or certain platforms (Android or IOS), keep up the good work and I'll keep my eye out for the update. I'm curious on what would cause a humming noise when certain commercials come on. It seems like there is a codec mismatch when it comes on and it starts to hum for two commercials and goes back to normal. I wonder if it's from commercials that have a louder sound that gets broadcast when it plays and that messes with VLC's transcoding. Thoughts?
(2013-02-10, 01:16)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 01:15)LehighBri Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 01:08)mcheng89 Wrote: It stops at those lines?
Do you see something that says the stream started successfully?

Did you log say anything when you tried the fourth tuner? Smile

Leave me some messages and ill take a look later. Gtg for now
No it stops there. Is there some more detailed logging I should provide?

Did you install the new vlc plugin? I think I have to make some more checks on the server, but I think that's the issue.

I did. I installed the new vlc dll and removed the old remoteceton one. I'll hang tight until a newer version comes out. No rush
Have to do a rewrite to the hdhomerun code for better stability... (switching from tcp to udp stream)

- fixed an issue where the tuner stream wasnt being shutdown properly
- fixed epg updater issue
- added another check for hdhomerun in the vlc plugin

Finished my hdhomerun change! Smile Need to do some testing now!

Need to fix mobile device tuner selection now...
Testing mobile fix...

v0.5.0c: note: new vlc plugin
removed... need to make a quick fix
Fixed issue with tuner shutting down on mobile devices

fixed: http://www.mediafire.com/?58tb0ads8pv5s8c

Todo:
- Test 3+ streams at once
(2013-02-12, 02:17)mcheng89 Wrote: Have to do a rewrite to the hdhomerun code for better stability... (switching from tcp to udp stream)

- fixed an issue where the tuner stream wasnt being shutdown properly
- fixed epg updater issue
- added another check for hdhomerun in the vlc plugin

Finished my hdhomerun change! Smile Need to do some testing now!

Need to fix mobile device tuner selection now...
Testing mobile fix...

removed... need to make a quick fix
Fixed issue with tuner shutting down on mobile devices

fixed: http://www.mediafire.com/?58tb0ads8pv5s8c

Todo:
- Test 3+ streams at once

I've used 3 streams simultaneously and it works great.. I've got an odd setup tho.. I stuck in a web front end and live transcoding down to 3g so I can stream to my phone, as well as to the office, to multiple tvs in my house, etc. I'm kind of a heavy user..
(2013-02-13, 05:10)chieftaco Wrote: I've used 3 streams simultaneously and it works great.. I've got an odd setup tho.. I stuck in a web front end and live transcoding down to 3g so I can stream to my phone, as well as to the office, to multiple tvs in my house, etc. I'm kind of a heavy user..

Let me know how this new version goes! Hopefully the tuner pooling update works great with your setup. I actually havent had enough time to really test out multiple devices.

Update v0.5.0d: note - vlc plugin was updated in v0.5.0c
- Fixed issue with scheduler not stopping. Broken since v0.5.0c...
http://www.mediafire.com/?f6dhfr8ekx44qsd

Todo:
- Clean up scheduler logging in next release.
- Work on tray icon or service?
FYI... in using v0.5.0d w/ my Ceton, I'm still getting "Could Not Get An Available Tuner" error message when playing in XBMC. And when I try to playback via http://localhost:8888/m/, I get "Video not found or access denied http://localhost:8559/video.flv"

I did make sure to update the .dll in the vlc folder but no luck. Here is the dos prompt log and this is all that I see.

[2.13.2013.20:32:55]: Server: Initializing Devices
[2.13.2013.20:32:57]: Adding device: new Device[CetonInfiniTV4][192.168.200.1]
[2.13.2013.20:32:57]: Adding tuner: new Tuner[192.168.200.1][4]

UPDATE: For whatever reason, if I change the default server port from 8888 to 9999, video now plays back just fine. I'm guessing something else was using the 8888 port somehow?
(2013-02-14, 03:27)LehighBri Wrote: FYI... in using v0.5.0d w/ my Ceton, I'm still getting "Could Not Get An Available Tuner" error message when playing in XBMC. And when I try to playback via http://localhost:8888/m/, I get "Video not found or access denied http://localhost:8559/video.flv"

I did make sure to update the .dll in the vlc folder but no luck. Here is the dos prompt log and this is all that I see.

[2.13.2013.20:32:55]: Server: Initializing Devices
[2.13.2013.20:32:57]: Adding device: new Device[CetonInfiniTV4][192.168.200.1]
[2.13.2013.20:32:57]: Adding tuner: new Tuner[192.168.200.1][4]

UPDATE: For whatever reason, if I change the default server port from 8888 to 9999, video now plays back just fine. I'm guessing something else was using the 8888 port somehow?

Try changing it back to 8888 and it should work. In the v0.5.0b I didnt shutdown the tuners properly, which is why you couldnt get a tuner.
When you changed the port to 9999, you shutdown any tuners that were left running.

I think I have most of the issues fixed. I'm going to do some more testing for a few more days before I'm ready to hide the console window.
First of all thanks for this awesome program! I have pseudotv up and running remotely and everything works great however when I try to use the pvr addon I cant get it to work. I keep getting the message "no pvr clients started yet" and I'm using the exact same settings as pseudotv which works properly. Double checked that the addon is enabled. Any idea on how to get it working? I'm using the latest xbmc release and remote ceton 2.2.3.
(2013-02-14, 18:42)chase7545 Wrote: First of all thanks for this awesome program! I have pseudotv up and running remotely and everything works great however when I try to use the pvr addon I cant get it to work. I keep getting the message "no pvr clients started yet" and I'm using the exact same settings as pseudotv which works properly. Double checked that the addon is enabled. Any idea on how to get it working? I'm using the latest xbmc release and remote ceton 2.2.3.

Are you using windows (only works on windows)? I havent tried the pvr plugin since the previous version of xbmc.
I might do an update for the plugin to work with the new server (and maybe compile it for mac and linux too).
Can you remind what we need to do to upgrade?
(2013-02-15, 05:17)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 18:42)chase7545 Wrote: First of all thanks for this awesome program! I have pseudotv up and running remotely and everything works great however when I try to use the pvr addon I cant get it to work. I keep getting the message "no pvr clients started yet" and I'm using the exact same settings as pseudotv which works properly. Double checked that the addon is enabled. Any idea on how to get it working? I'm using the latest xbmc release and remote ceton 2.2.3.

Are you using windows (only works on windows)? I havent tried the pvr plugin since the previous version of xbmc.
I might do an update for the plugin to work with the new server (and maybe compile it for mac and linux too).

Yes I am using windows 7 on the host and remote computers. Should I try and download the last xbmc? Is the server compatible with any other pvr such as nextpvr? Thanks for your help.
(2013-02-15, 17:08)jfoley Wrote: Can you remind what we need to do to upgrade?

Copy over the old files
(2013-02-15, 17:40)chase7545 Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 05:17)mcheng89 Wrote:

Yes I am using windows 7 on the host and remote computers. Should I try and download the last xbmc? Is the server compatible with any other pvr such as nextpvr? Thanks for your help.

It's not really a pvr software since it doesn't handle recording. Ill take a look sometime next week to see if its still working. What do you mean by compatible? Like having both apps run at the same time?
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10