• 92(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
(2013-02-02, 18:36)locoguano Wrote: In Frodo final I get a repeating clinking sound when selecting a video.... It keeps going and slowly fades over about 20 seconds as the video plays. Only does it in final, not rc3. Does it in all skins.

Same problem here. I am running Vista 64, as I couldn't get around the script errors using Windows 7 64.

I had been using Eden with xbmc flicks with no major problem, outside of the searches not working. I uninstalled and upgraded to Frodo (final version), and everything seems to functionally work the same, but I am getting the same sounds mentioned above... a bit like a window opening/closing sound, but repeated a few thousand times in rapid succession. I am launching in IE, and the netflix video loads and plays fine outside of the racket caused by this issue.

Anyone else experiencing the same?
(2013-02-13, 09:39)jeepnheel Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 18:36)locoguano Wrote: In Frodo final I get a repeating clinking sound when selecting a video.... It keeps going and slowly fades over about 20 seconds as the video plays. Only does it in final, not rc3. Does it in all skins.

Same problem here. I am running Vista 64, as I couldn't get around the script errors using Windows 7 64.

I had been using Eden with xbmc flicks with no major problem, outside of the searches not working. I uninstalled and upgraded to Frodo (final version), and everything seems to functionally work the same, but I am getting the same sounds mentioned above... a bit like a window opening/closing sound, but repeated a few thousand times in rapid succession. I am launching in IE, and the netflix video loads and plays fine outside of the racket caused by this issue.

Got the same sound using Chrome as the external player, so it seems that XBMC is the culprit.

Edit: The sound stops when clicking the button "Click OK When Playback Has Ended". Is there anyway to prevent this button from appearing when using an outside player?
I'm totally new to XBMC, and I have the latest release installed on a new Windows 7 (x64) machine. Everything is fine except for the Netflix plugin.

When I select my instant queue, it opens Firefox for me to authenticate my account, which I do, then click OK in the program, and it says "script failed". Every single time... I've deleted all of the Netflix folders and data and re-installed but still no luck. I've gone in and authenticated with IE as well just in case but that didn't help either.

I'm lost here, any ideas?
(2013-02-16, 18:25)anewlanguage Wrote: I'm totally new to XBMC, and I have the latest release installed on a new Windows 7 (x64) machine. Everything is fine except for the Netflix plugin.

When I select my instant queue, it opens Firefox for me to authenticate my account, which I do, then click OK in the program, and it says "script failed". Every single time... I've deleted all of the Netflix folders and data and re-installed but still no luck. I've gone in and authenticated with IE as well just in case but that didn't help either.

I'm lost here, any ideas?

What is happening is the developer key for xbmcflix is inactive. Because of this, the netflix server is returning a non-standard status which is causing the python library to throw an exception. Badstatus means it doesn't understand the server response. It's looking for a standard http error code and getting blank. It's easy to prevent this exception from crashing the script but the root problem needs to be addressed. This has nothing to do with XBMC.

In iqueue.py, replace with the following:

APP_NAME = 'xbmcflicks2'
API_KEY = '9gmtqvwwpagbh7hq56shftrd'
API_SECRET = 'UEnJ7yWQxY'

This will use the new developer key I created for xbmcflicks2. Auth should succeed and fill userinfo.txt .

Some report these issues and some do not.

The Top 25 and New Releases work because they are feeds that don't require authentication beyond the developer key.

Also be aware the rental and at home portion of netflix was terminated last fall.

With some rework of the plugin code, it could be restored to full operation. Would be nice to see autocomplete included.

(2013-02-13, 17:28)locoguano Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 09:39)jeepnheel Wrote:

Got the same sound using Chrome as the external player, so it seems that XBMC is the culprit.

Edit: The sound stops when clicking the button "Click OK When Playback Has Ended". Is there anyway to prevent this button from appearing when using an outside player?

I do not have this clicking. I am using Frodo Final, Win 7 SP1; and iewrap launched from playercorefactory.xml
(2013-02-17, 06:07)verheek Wrote: What is happening is the developer key for xbmcflix is inactive. Because of this, the netflix server is returning a non-standard status which is causing the python library to throw an exception. Badstatus means it doesn't understand the server response. It's looking for a standard http error code and getting blank. It's easy to prevent this exception from crashing the script but the root problem needs to be addressed. This has nothing to do with XBMC.

APP_NAME = 'xbmcflicks2'

This will use the new developer key I created for xbmcflicks2. Auth should succeed and fill userinfo.txt .

The Top 25 and New Releases work because they are feeds that don't require authentication beyond the developer key.

Also be aware the rental and at home portion of netflix was terminated last fall.

With some rework of the plugin code, it could be restored to full operation. Would be nice to see autocomplete included.

I just tried this... still no luck. Actually now it doesn't even ask me to authenticate, it just says "script failed" right when I select XBMC Flicks. Before it would let me select it, then when I selected 'Instant Queue' it would ask me to authenticate then it would fail.
(2013-02-17, 20:22)anewlanguage Wrote:
(2013-02-17, 06:07)verheek Wrote: What is happening is the developer key for xbmcflix is inactive. Because of this, the netflix server is returning a non-standard status which is causing the python library to throw an exception. Badstatus means it doesn't understand the server response. It's looking for a standard http error code and getting blank. It's easy to prevent this exception from crashing the script but the root problem needs to be addressed. This has nothing to do with XBMC.

APP_NAME = 'xbmcflicks2'

I just tried this... still no luck. Actually now it doesn't even ask me to authenticate, it just says "script failed" right when I select XBMC Flicks. Before it would let me select it, then when I selected 'Instant Queue' it would ask me to authenticate then it would fail.

Sounds like there was an error in the paste in. Find the last line in the exception in xbmc.log and it will tell you which file and line number the errror occurs at. If you're not sure, paste the exception block from the log file in here.
So I looked at the log and it seemed to be a problem due to indentation, so I fixed that. Now I get more errors, and I'm not sure what they're about... here's what it's giving me.

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'httplib.BadStatusLine'>
                                            Error Contents:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-a644263\default.py", line 26, in <module>
                                                import resources.lib.menu as menu
                                              File "C:\Users\mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-a644263\resources\lib\menu.py", line 476, in <module>
                                                getInstantQueue(1)
                                              File "C:\Users\mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-a644263\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 1379, in getInstantQueue
                                                initApp()
                                              File "C:\Users\mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-a644263\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 1374, in initApp
                                                user = getAuth(netflixClient,VERBOSE_USER_LOG)
                                              File "C:\Users\mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-a644263\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 85, in getAuth
                                                tok = netflix.user.getAccessToken( MY_USER['request'] )
                                              File "C:\Users\mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-a644263\resources\lib\Netflix.py", line 74, in getAccessToken
                                                response = client.connection.getresponse()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 990, in getresponse
                                                response.begin()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 391, in begin
                                                version, status, reason = self._read_status()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 355, in _read_status
                                                raise BadStatusLine(line)
                                            BadStatusLine
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2013-02-18, 23:29)anewlanguage Wrote: So I looked at the log and it seemed to be a problem due to indentation, so I fixed that. Now I get more errors, and I'm not sure what they're about... here's what it's giving me.

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'httplib.BadStatusLine'>
                                            Error Contents:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-a644263\default.py", line 26, in <module>
                                                import resources.lib.menu as menu
                                              File "C:\Users\mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-a644263\resources\lib\menu.py", line 476, in <module>
                                                getInstantQueue(1)
                                              File "C:\Users\mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-a644263\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 1379, in getInstantQueue
                                                initApp()
                                              File "C:\Users\mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-a644263\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 1374, in initApp
                                                user = getAuth(netflixClient,VERBOSE_USER_LOG)
                                              File "C:\Users\mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-a644263\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 85, in getAuth
                                                tok = netflix.user.getAccessToken( MY_USER['request'] )
                                              File "C:\Users\mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-a644263\resources\lib\Netflix.py", line 74, in getAccessToken
                                                response = client.connection.getresponse()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 990, in getresponse
                                                response.begin()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 391, in begin
                                                version, status, reason = self._read_status()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 355, in _read_status
                                                raise BadStatusLine(line)
                                            BadStatusLine
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

This is the original problem again. You may still need to get the request key/secret and access key/secret from the xbmc.log and paste them along with the fields listed a couple posts up into the userinfo.txt Make sure the old info is removed from userinfo.txt .
(2013-02-19, 01:40)verheek Wrote: This is the original problem again. You may still need to get the request key/secret and access key/secret from the xbmc.log and paste them along with the fields listed a couple posts up into the userinfo.txt Make sure the old info is removed from userinfo.txt .

My userinfo.txt file has just always been blank no matter what I've done. Where can I get the key/secret to paste in there? I don't see it in this log file.
(2013-02-19, 21:04)anewlanguage Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 01:40)verheek Wrote: This is the original problem again. You may still need to get the request key/secret and access key/secret from the xbmc.log and paste them along with the fields listed a couple posts up into the userinfo.txt Make sure the old info is removed from userinfo.txt .

My userinfo.txt file has just always been blank no matter what I've done. Where can I get the key/secret to paste in there? I don't see it in this log file.

The keys are only written to the log file if you have both verbose options enabled in the xbmcflicks plugin settings. They should be there after you authorize the plugin access to your netflix account. Click on something like, recommended which requires authentication to launch the process.
Here's what I've done so far:

Replaced the original three entries in "iqueue.py" with the ones you posted.

Enabled the verbose option, retrieved my key/secret from the log file, and entered the following into the userinfo file:

APP_NAME = 'xbmcflicks2'
API_KEY = 'the key from the log file'
API_SECRET = 'the secret from the log file'

Replace those with the actual key/secret obviously, I just didn't want to post what they actually are.

Anyway, I still have the same problem. I can open the Netflix add-on but if I try anything it opens my browser to authenticate, and when I select "OK", it returns a script failed.

Should I be entering something different in the userinfo file? Or should it literally just be those three lines? Also thanks for your help thus far, I appreciate it, this is driving me crazy.
(2013-02-21, 02:11)anewlanguage Wrote: Here's what I've done so far:

Replaced the original three entries in "iqueue.py" with the ones you posted.

Enabled the verbose option, retrieved my key/secret from the log file, and entered the following into the userinfo file:

APP_NAME = 'xbmcflicks2'
API_KEY = 'the key from the log file'
API_SECRET = 'the secret from the log file'

Replace those with the actual key/secret obviously, I just didn't want to post what they actually are.

Anyway, I still have the same problem. I can open the Netflix add-on but if I try anything it opens my browser to authenticate, and when I select "OK", it returns a script failed.

Should I be entering something different in the userinfo file? Or should it literally just be those three lines? Also thanks for your help thus far, I appreciate it, this is driving me crazy.

The userinfo file needs four lines that are different from what goes into iqueue.py What you pasted above only goes in iqueue.py using the keys I included with the original pasted not the ones from the log file.

Here is what is in my userinfo.txt with the values removed.

requestKey=
requestSecret=
accessKey=
accessSecret=

The request key/secret and access key/secret come from the log file and the line that says to put these in userinfo for later. If you are still being asked to authenticate via the browser then it is not seeing what it needs in userinfo.txt It will continue this same process of authenticate/script fail until the correct values are entered. After that, it doesn't bother you.
Ok, I've tried - all this is a crap, sry. Digging into debug logs, copying some keys which finally doesn't event work and print hundreds lines of errors and useless trackbacks.

If I, as a programmer, can't figure out how to run this s.... who could?
<---This guy did... And He is not a programmer.
Funny Smile
But the problem is real ... I just wanted to test nfx under XBMC - finished with frustration. First of all there's a oauth-loop (xbmc always ask for re-authorization), next even if I put keys in userinfo.txt Instant is empty, generated link copied from log and visited in browser results in 403/Account inactive.
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16