Req Video playback in Pictures slideshow
(2013-02-04, 14:11)Aardvark Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 18:23)DigitalDJ Wrote: Here's the diff for anyone that wants it:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2164/files

And thank you very much! Not sure if it'll make Frodo or the next release, but it _did_ make my livingroom!

You even fixed a couple of glitches in the pre-Frodo version (two videos consequetive never worked properly. Also I like that during a slideshow I can abort a video with Esc without aborting the slideshow itself (maybe that is not cleanly how it should work from an ivory tower point of view, but is it very usable in practice).

Glad someone got some use out of it. I agree none of it is optimal, but at least it's now usable. I think the whole pictures section of XBMC needs bit of a revamp, but unfortunately I don't have the time to become that familiar with XBMC.

Seems the pull request and bug on Trac have gone completely unnoticed, so I guess there isn't much interest. As long as I keep using XBMC, I'll make sure the patch works against the current stable release.
Is there an easy way to apply this patch other than compile xmbc or something?
(2013-02-17, 14:00)OlliLaukkanen Wrote: Is there an easy way to apply this patch other than compile xmbc or something?

YES, just shrink yourself down, crawl into your hard drive, and using a magnet just re-write the 1's and 0's that make up the program!
Ok then. Will it be merged to master any time soon?
I like slideshow to show pictures. But I don't want to show video in the slideshow.

Is there ANY way to only show pictures?

I have video files from my digital camera in the same folder as the pictures. I tried different settings to only show pictures but no success.

Please help me
(2013-03-11, 14:38)PluttSkydiver Wrote: I like slideshow to show pictures. But I don't want to show video in the slideshow.

Is there ANY way to only show pictures?

Turn off "Systems->Pictures->File lists->Show video files in listing" (skin dependant, this is for the default skin). You have to restart XBMC to regenerate the listihngs I think.

Note that there is currently no way to show vids in the listing but not in the slideshow. I think that would make a nice extension to the settings, something like

Show video files in listing: yes/no
Show video files in slideshow: yes/no <--disabled option when upper option is set to 'no'
Now at last I made it working as I want.

It was when I use samba instead for DLNA to see the slideshow from my nas it worked.

So now I am happy to enjoy the slideshow without video.
Can someone of the team please tell if DigitalDJ's patch will be merged into master any time soon?
At the moment, I get a black screen in piceture slideshow everytime the file list encounters a video.

Thanks
HTPC: Shuttle XS35GTV2 (2GB RAM, 16GB Kingston SSDNow S100, Sony Slimline Bluray Player Optiarc BD-5750H-01) / AV-Receicer: Yamaha RX-V371 / Sound: Quadral Argentum 370 + 1 Center + 2 Rear Speakers (5.0) / TV: Toshiba Regza 37XV377 / Remote: Logitech Harmony 600 with Ortek VRC-1100 IR receicer
if this pr will be merged - complete slideshow will be fixed and improved:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2580
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Slideshow in videos not work at all in 12.2 with MTS from sony hx9v. XBMC show big black/white picture like qr-code.
Hi Memphiz, am I right, that the pr just needs some testing and will be merged soon?
Smile
HTPC: Shuttle XS35GTV2 (2GB RAM, 16GB Kingston SSDNow S100, Sony Slimline Bluray Player Optiarc BD-5750H-01) / AV-Receicer: Yamaha RX-V371 / Sound: Quadral Argentum 370 + 1 Center + 2 Rear Speakers (5.0) / TV: Toshiba Regza 37XV377 / Remote: Logitech Harmony 600 with Ortek VRC-1100 IR receicer
It was Merged weeks ago already and is in the nightlies and alpha versions...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Video playback in slideshow is still broken - https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17777
Will not be fixed for v17
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2018-02-20, 19:33)Martijn Wrote: Will not be fixed for v17
 I assume that this will be fixed for v18, is the fix already part of any beta-release versions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback in Pictures slideshow2