• 91(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
its working on Rbej Frodo Final Version 2 not on Rbej Frodo Final Version 3

thanks
Try official OpenElec version

http://openelec.thestateofme.com/OpenELE...52.tar.bz2

(2013-02-20, 12:57)rbej Wrote: My fault. New scheme is ok.

This patch:

- add Check free memory, and if plenty use full size buffers for reading files

causes sometimes not playing movies.

I have Rpi 256mb.

Ah- you use gpu_mem=100? Can you change it to 128, and try with the patch in place.
Possibly it thinks your board is 512M because you have more than 128M free.
Is that fixes it, I'll reduce the threshold by 28M so it works for your setup.
(2013-02-20, 15:14)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 12:57)rbej Wrote: My fault. New scheme is ok.

This patch:

- add Check free memory, and if plenty use full size buffers for reading files

causes sometimes not playing movies.

I have Rpi 256mb.

Ah- you use gpu_mem=100? Can you change it to 128, and try with the patch in place.
Possibly it thinks your board is 512M because you have more than 128M free.
Is that fixes it, I'll reduce the threshold by 28M so it works for your setup.

I change to gpu_mem=128 and not work.

(2013-02-20, 15:40)rbej Wrote: I change to gpu_mem=128 and not work.
How does it fail? Does video stall, stop or xbmc restarts?
(2013-02-20, 16:26)popcornmix Wrote:

(2013-02-18, 18:55)FattyMcDirty Wrote: with the latest build and the recommended instructions, i'm not able to playback any video file at all any more. clickin' on the video i wanna watch, the cycling animation shows, and instead of starting the movie, the cycling animation stops and i'm still in my video menu list....

(2013-02-20, 16:31)rbej Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 16:26)popcornmix Wrote:

(2013-02-18, 18:55)FattyMcDirty Wrote: with the latest build and the recommended instructions, i'm not able to playback any video file at all any more. clickin' on the video i wanna watch, the cycling animation shows, and instead of starting the movie, the cycling animation stops and i'm still in my video menu list....

It's hard to see "add Check free memory, and if plenty use full size buffers for reading files" being responsible. Firstly it should do nothing on 256M board.
Secondly if it allocates larger buffers and it fails, I'd expect the OOM killer and xbmc to die and restart.

Quite sure "add Check free memory, and if plenty use full size buffers for reading files" is responsible?
Without this patch movie play fine on my Rpi 256mb.

(2013-02-20, 17:03)rbej Wrote: Without this patch movie play fine on my Rpi 256mb.

@FattyMcDirty does new build:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1339015

fix your problem?
There's still a playback problem with this latest rbej build - sometimes a file will play once at the first attempt, though more often than not it won't play at all, and then never on subsequent attempts (and nor will any other media play after that first time).

When the file doesn't play, for example by selecting from the recently added list, XBMC remains on the menu screen but with a dark grey background and the playback controls visible across the top of the menu, but the timecode is stuck at 0:00:00. Pause/unpause has no effect (it appears to seek but nothing happens). While it is in this state the CPU is pegged at 100%, and there is no network traffic (the media is accessed over NFS).

Even deleting guisettings.xml completely and rebooting doesn't resolve the situation, so it doesn't seem to be a conflicting settings problem.

Tested on: 512MB Pi, 128MB GPU (also tested 256MB GPU, same result), booting from NFS, media on NFS, 720p GUI.

Here's a debug log captured from boot (with 128MB GPU), failing to play an SD MKV tv show at the first attempt (pastebin).

My advancedsettings.xml (pastebin).

Hope it helps.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Strange. Today with last build my movie plays fine, but one hour ago movie sometimes not play again. Few days ago i set turbo_force=1 in config.txt. Before i always use turbo_force=0 and everything will be fine. Now i return to force_turbo=0 and play fine over 100 times movie (nfs and online). I go test more.

@MillhouseVH
Thanks for report. I notice from log that it decodes a jpeg while starting video playback. Possibly that's an caused by launching from recently added list, and would increase the gpu_mem required.
Does gpu_mem=256M behave any differently?
Is it any more reliably launching from file browser view?
(2013-02-20, 21:21)popcornmix Wrote: @MillhouseVH
Thanks for report. I notice from log that it decodes a jpeg while starting video playback. Possibly that's an caused by launching from recently added list, and would increase the gpu_mem required.
Does gpu_mem=256M behave any differently?
Is it any more reliably launching from file browser view?

256M behaves the same as 128M.

I also tried from the file browser and experienced similar behaviour as when playing from the recently added list - XBMC stays on same "page" (in this case the list of files), but there is no playback, 100% CPU and no network activity.

It is somewhat unpredictable though, as at one point while in the file browser there was a lot of network activity while it scanned the files (working out they were SD quality etc.), then once it had finished and calmed down, all TV shows were playable (although MKV movies remained unplayable).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Only this patches may this issues:

- Fix for stuttery video when seeking before zero

- Handle resolution changes during video stream

- add Both HDMI and analog audio output

Because other patches i remove and compile build again and still sometimes no playing movies.

I'm getting the exact same problem as MilHouse with the latest Rbej build.
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12