• 3(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2013-02-24, 00:30)bornagainpengui Wrote: Having some issues with this in Frodo...

Pastebin here:
Code:
http://pastebin.com/w4hKNM2u

The screensaver takes a bit to load, then works wonderfully until I try to exit it, then it seems to ignore the input (regardless whether from mouse, keyboard, or WMCE 2005 remote) and continue panning the image. Then it will halt, leaving the image on the screen. Any ideas what is going on? I didn't seem to have this issue in Eden!

--bornagainpenguin

it seems to happen with all screensavers,
a similar (not exactly the same) issue was reported here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157033

first it works correctly, but when the screensaver exits
the black background disappears but the image stays on screen.

i haven't been able to reproduce it myself.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-02-23, 22:25)minnepinne Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply. Good to know that it's possible. How fast do you think this can be implemented?

about this [____________] fast. ;-p

no worries mate, it's coming.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-02-23, 10:34)Raytestrak Wrote: Can the loading circle be replaced by the default loading icon of the installed skin? I love the screensaver, but the big circles don't really match my skin (aeon nox).

nope, skins don't just display a 'loading' icon.
they show a busy dialog instead.

this dialog can contain anything, multiple images, text, whatever...
it's completely different for every skin.

i tried if i could trigger this dialog from within the screensaver as well,
and i can, but xbmc interprets it as a new 'action' and therefore disables the screensaver immediately.
(2013-02-24, 01:00)ronie Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 00:30)bornagainpengui Wrote: Having some issues with this in Frodo...

Pastebin here:
Code:
http://pastebin.com/w4hKNM2u

The screensaver takes a bit to load, then works wonderfully until I try to exit it, then it seems to ignore the input (regardless whether from mouse, keyboard, or WMCE 2005 remote) and continue panning the image. Then it will halt, leaving the image on the screen. Any ideas what is going on? I didn't seem to have this issue in Eden!

--bornagainpenguin

it seems to happen with all screensavers,
a similar (not exactly the same) issue was reported here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157033

first it works correctly, but when the screensaver exits
the black background disappears but the image stays on screen.

i haven't been able to reproduce it myself.

I have the same issue but it does not happen on my main PC as it has all the hard connections. But on my bedroom PC everything is SMB share and i have around 100GB photos and in that PC i get this error. Let me know if this helps you or i will try to get a log after i come back home next week.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
as requested:
- option to disable the random display of images
- display movie / tv show / artist name when using the 'fanart' option
- cache the image list to a file (faster startup time if you have a large image collection)

the cache option will only work for the 'image folder' option.
first 'enable image cache' in the addon settings and then select 'create cache'.
the addon will let you know when it's finished creating the cache

if you ever want to update the cache, just hit the 'create cache' setting again.

screensaver.xbmc.slideshow-0.1.0
0.0.9 is sorta a trainwreck for me. My XBMC is set to blank the display after 30mins, but instead what happens after 30mins is the slide show screensaver 'vanishes' and the XBMC screen it was covering comes up at about 2fps and it just stays like that instead. So not only does the display not blank to save power, the screen saver stops saving the screen.

I've also noticed that some images go beyond their borders when being displayed, resulting in their black edges showing. This is an unaesthetically appealing behavour.
(2013-02-24, 06:10)ronie Wrote: as requested:
- cache the image list to a file (faster startup time if you have a large image collection)

first 'enable image cache' in the addon settings and then select 'create cache'.

if you ever want to update the cache, just hit the 'create cache' setting again.

Perfect. Thanks! Smile
Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but my slideshow (v0.9) keeps producing low-resolution images of all my pictures. At first run (new folder path set) images are displayed fine, original quality. But subsequent runs displays pixelated, low quality images (perhaps a low-res cache or something) of all photos. Not sure what's causing this and I'd appreciate some input for further testing.

Thanks.
(2013-02-24, 23:28)zecoj Wrote: Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but my slideshow (v0.9) keeps producing low-resolution images of all my pictures. At first run (new folder path set) images are displayed fine, original quality. But subsequent runs displays pixelated, low quality images (perhaps a low-res cache or something) of all photos. Not sure what's causing this and I'd appreciate some input for further testing.

Thanks.

yup, sound like xbmc is caching your images (at a low rez) the first time.
then on subsequent runs of the screensaver, it uses the cached ones.

i'm not sure if there's a way to disable it, but it's not something the screensaver can do.
(2013-02-24, 07:30)DJ_Izumi Wrote: 0.0.9 is sorta a trainwreck for me. My XBMC is set to blank the display after 30mins, but instead what happens after 30mins is the slide show screensaver 'vanishes' and the XBMC screen it was covering comes up at about 2fps and it just stays like that instead. So not only does the display not blank to save power, the screen saver stops saving the screen.

xbmc kills the screensaver right before it suspends the monitor.
whether this is intended behaviour or not, i don't know.

i'm not sure why xbmc fails to suspend your monitor.
it works fine on my end.

(2013-02-24, 07:30)DJ_Izumi Wrote: I've also noticed that some images go beyond their borders when being displayed, resulting in their black edges showing. This is an unaesthetically appealing behavour.

it's really hard (or impossible) to find a proper solution for this.
just assume you have a portrait size image, we would have to zoom in by a large amount to make the image fill the screen.
next, the image should slide across the screen (for up to 60 seconds) without ever showing the black bars on either side.
this means we would have to apply another huge amount of zoom to assure this.
Have you tested 0.1.0 with MySQL? I tried it on an Apple TV and Openelec (both running with a MySQL database) and both errored out on me. I was going to try it at my mother in laws (without MySQL) to see if that was the problem. Just haven't had a chance yet. Should it work with MySQL?

J_K_M_A_N
(2013-02-25, 01:33)J_K_M_A_N Wrote: Have you tested 0.1.0 with MySQL? I tried it on an Apple TV and Openelec (both running with a MySQL database) and both errored out on me. I was going to try it at my mother in laws (without MySQL) to see if that was the problem. Just haven't had a chance yet. Should it work with MySQL?

J_K_M_A_N

nope, not using MySQL here.
gimme a Debug Log and i'll check.
(2013-02-24, 06:10)ronie Wrote: as requested:

Thanks much Ronie for adding the caching feature. It works great! 150K images and the screensaver now starts for me in under 2 seconds. Perectly awesome...
(2013-02-26, 01:29)NotGrounded Wrote: Thanks much Ronie for adding the caching feature. It works great! 150K images and the screensaver now starts for me in under 2 seconds. Perectly awesome...

hahaa! cool :-)
(2013-02-24, 23:54)ronie Wrote: yup, sound like xbmc is caching your images (at a low rez) the first time.
then on subsequent runs of the screensaver, it uses the cached ones.

i'm not sure if there's a way to disable it, but it's not something the screensaver can do.
Thanks for that. Any workaround that you can think of? I can't recall this happening in Eden. The only thing I can think of the time being is to flush the cache every time xbmc starts, which would be very ugly...
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4