• 48(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
Kinda confused on the issue... I wiped my PC two days ago and reinstalled XBMC. Added the BlueCop repo, downloaded Amazon addon, and was good to go.
(2013-02-11, 08:53)kavond Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 15:49)MoeDee Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 04:26)jpreville Wrote: Hey Guys...

Is there an option to turn on 5.1 audio streams?

Thanks

John

Check your audio settings in xbmc... If supported..

I have the same problem. All my local media works fine 5.1 but amazon is always stereo. I just assumed it was a limitation with the plugin.

Same problem here: can't get any Amazon content to play in HD. I go online and rent the HD version of a movie, but what ends up in my Purchases and Rentals folder on XBMC is always the SD version. Is it not possible to play Amazon HD content through the XBMC plugin?
I am having a problem in which I can view files from within the Amazon Add-On. But with the same file added to my library, from within my library I cannot view the file. I get a script.error. Any work arounds?
(2013-02-20, 15:49)veloearl Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 08:53)kavond Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 15:49)MoeDee Wrote: Check your audio settings in xbmc... If supported..

I have the same problem. All my local media works fine 5.1 but amazon is always stereo. I just assumed it was a limitation with the plugin.

Same problem here: can't get any Amazon content to play in HD. I go online and rent the HD version of a movie, but what ends up in my Purchases and Rentals folder on XBMC is always the SD version. Is it not possible to play Amazon HD content through the XBMC plugin?

It is not possible to get 5.1 or HD for movies. Television is available in 720p though.

This is a limitation from amazon because they limited browser sessions to that quality level.
(2013-02-20, 21:10)BlueCop Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 15:49)veloearl Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 08:53)kavond Wrote: I have the same problem. All my local media works fine 5.1 but amazon is always stereo. I just assumed it was a limitation with the plugin.

It is not possible to get 5.1 or HD for movies. Television is available in 720p though.

This is a limitation from amazon because they limited browser sessions to that quality level.

What a bummer. Is there any way to write an plugin that would make XBMC appear to be an Xbox or a Roku device?
Yes that might be possible.

The problem is that the authentication scheme is more complex on those devices. Almost all requests to servers are over tsl/ssl and are usually cryptographically signed in some fashion to prevent tampering.

First you need to setup a man in the middle to get clear text traffic of what is happening. If they do use signatures then you have to reverse whatever application it is to get the correct keys. It can get complicated to implement.

I wish it was as simple as changing the DeviceTypeID but it isn't.

edit: I do find it interesting that the Epix titles are available in HD from a web browser on the epix site. When they were added to amazon prime they were sd limited. It seems silly to limit the amazon site. It is a broad policy for all movies though.
So frustrating. I simply want a way to rent recent 720p video / 5.1 audio movies and watch them at home. I would get a Roku, but my TV and receiver are old and don't support HDMI. My laptop with XBMC and S/PDIF output plays local media perfectly, and would be a perfect solution if it were not for these limitations.
I am having a problem in which I cannot view amazon strn files from my library. But can view them from within the add-on. Here is my debug log

Nevermind. I am an idiot. My problem was that I was using my amazon account which was a gift prime account, so no streaming. I used my proper account which did have streaming and all is well. Thanks!
(2013-01-14, 01:49)locoguano Wrote:
(2013-01-13, 16:38)Frojj Wrote: hello. does anyone have a problem where they can't save a movie to the watchlist in apple tv 2? i get an error: Script failed: plugin.video.amazon. Thanks in advance

I get the same under Win7.

I cant get this feature to work. I am trying under win7 and xbmcbuntu. I keep getting the script failed error.

Has anyone solved this? thanks
(2013-02-22, 06:05)boognish43 Wrote:
(2013-01-14, 01:49)locoguano Wrote:
(2013-01-13, 16:38)Frojj Wrote: hello. does anyone have a problem where they can't save a movie to the watchlist in apple tv 2? i get an error: Script failed: plugin.video.amazon. Thanks in advance

I get the same under Win7.

I cant get this feature to work. I am trying under win7 and xbmcbuntu. I keep getting the script failed error.

Has anyone solved this? thanks

I found now that I can get tv shows to work but movies still give me an error
Hello,

I downloaded repo zip but I'm not able to see any plugin. Is there other way to download Amazon plugin?

Thanks in advance
See here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153086
Has anyone had issues exporting amazon movies to your library recently? TV shows export fine.
Bluecop,

I have reported something like this for the atv1 running openelec.

Now I can observe the same issue on the libstagefright xbmc build installed on a minix x5 android.
Maybe in this thread there is someone who is using the android app on the reference platform.. the pivos..

The issue:
Let's watch an hd tv show... I.e. alias episode xx... 720p h.264.

The problem comes in when I want to ffwrd or jump to a specific time index.

What happens is that the picture will freeze at the frame at which I ffwrded... The audio however will forward and play like till the end.

It works however on windows (frodo on win 7.. nvidia) and on the atv1 running OSX eden and cb1 as well eden - the atv1 using the CrystalHD.

I also replaced the the librtmp.so with one u referenced in some.earlier post for android .. no difference.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Or is there somone using the amazon add-on the xbmc reference android Hardware and has not or the same issue?

Thanks - as I said before this is a great plugin!
Excited noob here,

Is it possible to get xmbc to download the content for you instead of streaming? Our streaming of it on other devices seems to rebuffer/studder frequently.
It would be cool if there was a way to stream to a file and then play from your library.

Thanks

-Devoh
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon14