• 129(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
(2013-02-27, 11:55)wsnipex Wrote: sounds like broken nvidia driver

Which driver to install then? I installed 12.04 because XBMC did not want to work on 12.10 with resolution 10128x1024, while 12.04 works without problems.
(2013-02-26, 01:48)fritsch Wrote: #xbmc-xvba is a channel on the irc network of freenode.

No don't need new logfiles.

I tested 3 dayd your xbmc version from testing repo. I think you found a bug, now works fine... When can I use the original repo?

Big thx for your help Smile
you can use any repo you want, but unless its xbmc-xvba(-testing), don't report bugs in this thread
I'm having some trouble with certain PVR/skin functions on the xbmc-xvba and xbmc-xvba-testing builds is there something different on the pvr/skin side compared to mainline builds? At first I thought it's a problem with the skin I'm using but xbmc-xvba 12 frodo and latest nightlies from team xbmc work fine, so it must be something that is different here?

I kept using the xvba build because of improved VDPAU support, I guess that is still true compared to team xbmc nightlies and I can't switch if I don't want to lose that?

Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum to ask, but this looked like the "ask for help" thread.

Quote from my post in the skin forum:

(2013-02-16, 23:11)ursli Wrote: Latest PVR updates seem to have broken something in the PVR OSD.

If I press "Info" the current EPG info shows up fine but I can't use the buttons, it stays on the currently highlighted one no mater what I do. If I press "OK" it switches to the Video OSD instead of switching to next EPG entry. Pictures attached to make myself more clear.

Pressing Info on the Remote

Pressing OK on the Remote

(2013-02-16, 23:36)ursli Wrote: Mh, it worked previously, only thing I did was a git pull and an update to latest xbmc-xvba from launchpad. Just to check I reverted back to some older versions and it doesn't work any more there either. Not sure what broke it but it doesn't seem to be one of your updates. Sorry for the false report.

edit: also works on my windows pc with latest xbmc nightly, so it must be something that went wrong on my htpc.
edit2: can't seem to find out what though, tried to get rid of everything in guisettings.xml pointing to xperience and also completely reinstalled the skin, no change.

edit3 return of the edit: Went back to stable frodo, and voila it works. I've got no idea what could break this simple little thing but it does work with xbmc stable "xbmc-bin_12.0~git20130129.1036-frodo" and doesn't work with latest nightly "xbmc-bin_13.0~git20130213.2107-1d92d14" from https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex , if anyone feels like confirming this go ahead since I would like to update to latest nightly because of fixes in the audio engine.
:-) Hope dies last and it died last week ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Why? Did I miss something?
It was meant literarily: We wait on AMD for more than 1.5 years now. They always told: "within two weeks" , "nearly finished", "transfering work", "sorry", "are on it".

So - for this reason, I cannot suggest someone buying AMD hardware for htpc usage, if you need mpeg2/mpeg4 hw accel and Bitstream Audio support.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Is it than final, amd won't give us same features on linux than on windows?
(2013-03-01, 11:35)Jan0sh Wrote: Is it than final, amd won't give us same features on linux than on windows?

nobody knows
Hey,

i installed xbmc yesterday (AMD Trinity) and got some big problems. The screen freezes, sometimes a few seconds after starting a video, sometimes much later. The sound too. But the computer is still accessible by SSH.

Don't know whether it's a bug or something wrong with the drivers. I've used the install script by Bram77.

The log (errors starts at line 1327):
http://paste.ubuntu.com/5577079/
@s1on. I assume you have an a6 5400k or the likes looking at the logs. it works we'll. out of the box it was funky. but then it was new. Some tips that helped me. make sure *capable receiver* options are all disabled if using HDMI in system audio. set to 2.0. a requirement for 24p playback without freeze was to disable adjust display refresh to match video. this will convert all content to 60fps. sorry if im off a bit but I'm not in front of that box. I installed it on xubuntu 12.10 32. xubuntu install configured the apu well as a starting point. then put xbmc on that. I find that easier. I used the proprietary ati driver from the debs. it works well. the video quality of that apu is fantastic. I wish amd would add more driver features like nvidia on Linux, like va deinterlacing. waiting patiently.
I would start with getting rid of this NEWADDON, whatever this is:
NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0x7f67cc005950
I just installed the 'git tested' build right on top of the regular stable frodo build. And I immediately noticed differences:
  • This build almost seems to have VDPAU kick in directly, versus some minor stuttering -caused by VDPAU becoming active it seems - in the regular frodo on satellite channels
  • Super smooth transition when switching from full screen to the home screen where the channel keeps playing (in a tiny 'preview' screen)
  • No stutter *at all* when accessing OSD elements (channel lists, programm info etc.) while watching - sort of the opposite of the regular frodo build

Those were only immediately differences I noticed, there probably might be more!

I do have some questions though:
-What does "prefer VDPAU video mixer" actually do?
-When I select AUTO for deinterlace video, deinterlace method and video scaling method does it mean that always the best option is chosen?

Great work!
Quote:What does "prefer VDPAU video mixer" actually do?

YUV to RGB conversion can be done by vdpau video mixer or OpenGL. The mixer supports advanced de-interlacing methods, OpenGL only BOB. The advantage of NOT using the mixer is that it consumes less resources.

Quote:When I select AUTO for deinterlace

When choosing AUTO for deinterlace mode (preferred setting), de-interlacing gets kicked in automatically for interlaced material, provided that the flags of the input stream are correct.
AUTO for method is currently the same as temporal.
(2013-03-02, 21:41)FernetMenta Wrote: I would start with getting rid of this NEWADDON, whatever this is:
NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0x7f67cc005950

Ferent, please see this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156844

It's not a failing addon. I've seen a few XBMC dev's put issues down to this line in the log but as you can see from Ronie, he doesn't think it's an issue at all.

Edit: And I was also wondering when we might see a build with the recent libcec 2.1.0 bump? It's just that I'm having issues with 2.1.0 being installed on the system while XBMC is using 2.0.0
  • 129(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23