<control type="image">
            <description>Logo</description>
            <posx>1180</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>75</width>
            <height>85</height>
            <texture>EpgLogo.png</texture>
        </control>
That's the code for the logo main logo, you can change the x/y position and width/height like normal. Just make sure you have a logo that's named the same as the channel you want in your logo folder. I can upload my pack of logos if needed.

Code:
            <control type="image" id="321">
                <description>Channel 1 Icon</description>
                <posx>40</posx>
                <posy>40</posy>
                <width>40</width>
                <height>60</height>
                <texture></texture>
                <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
                <visible>false</visible>

</control>

That's the code for the individual channel logos, i.e. what would go next to the channel numbers. just make sure to put that in every channel epg item (1-4,or 1-6) and change the number accordingly.

To samhill: I've in the past just removed the code directly from the .xml, not actually commented it out. It's late and I have to be up early, but I'll play around with it this sunday and see what works now.
Nothing to see here....
Dude.. this is looking amazing!
Zep - this kind of worked... I think there might be a problem with the fact that I changed the epg from 6 to 4 rows. The only way I could figure out how to do that was to change the EPGWindow.py file in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib location. When I place the logo it is perfect but as soon as I page down past the fourth item it jumps too far down. Don't have more time to test tonight, but should have time tomorrow or Saturday. I think I'll try to test it with the default skin to see if my assumption is correct that messing with the row settings in the EPGWindow.py is screwing up the logo location.
tman12, you're making great progress and it looks beautiful. Many thanks to you and all that are helping, I can't wait to use it! Wink
If you want upload what you have so far and I can take a look tonight or Sunday.
Nothing to see here....
I have to say, I really wasn't too interested in this project because, to be frank, I didn't like the look of what I was seeing. But at the same time, I didn't want to rain in on the parade, because I couldn't even identify what I didn't like about it to provide some constructive criticism. I also figured 'Hey, I don't _have_ to use that skin anyway, so why should I care?'

All that was before the most recent image of your work. Now I'm a huge fan to say the least.
This honestly should be the new default skin for PseudoTV. It looks THAT good.
(2013-03-01, 15:48)rd1979 Wrote: I have to say, I really wasn't too interested in this project because, to be frank, I didn't like the look of what I was seeing. But at the same time, I didn't want to rain in on the parade, because I couldn't even identify what I didn't like about it to provide some constructive criticism. I also figured 'Hey, I don't _have_ to use that skin anyway, so why should I care?'

All that was before the most recent image of your work. Now I'm a huge fan to say the least.
This honestly should be the new default skin for PseudoTV. It looks THAT good.

Glad to hear! I can understand where you were coming from in the beginning, I'm not really an artisitic person so it's kind of hard to find the right colors to use and my first drafts I was really into the brighter more vibrant colors but then I took a step back to really look at how darker colors would look and it turned out to be a much more professional look. My main goal was to have something that looked like a retail application would and I think I'm getting there. I'm using WMC guide as a reference because I've always really liked the way it looked. The biggest challenge is that some of the features I want to add are coded into the python program - like overlay font color, adding the fourth time, and going from 6 rows to 4. I wish the programmer would have left all of the onscreen items to the xml file which would have made it a lot easier to create something really cool. It's coming along though, it just takes a lot of time to make changes. I would love to be able to release this weekend but we'll see.
I definitely see the WMC influence in action. I think that's what really helped it.

The channel logos would work out nicely I think if added where rastan has the 300 logo in his mockup.
Tman. Awesome skin. Perhaps consider reaching out to angry_camel and seeing if he would like to possibly include this with his custom fork?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I use Aeon MQ4 for my XBMC skin... Will it be possible for me to just add this and get it to work with that skin? I have not looked into how PTV skins work at ALL... so I have no idea. But I'm hoping I will be able too! This looks amazing!
how is the addon coming on tman12, cant wait to use it. when are u planning to release it btw?
@tommy - you can use any PTV skin you want for all of the XBMC skins. All you have to do is copy the files into the default folder and make sure your skin doesn't have any custom pseudo scripts. I will have a decent install guide when I release, only problem is that I had to make some slight changes to the actual program so I'll have to see what the general opinion is for release. My concern is that most people would have to uninstall PTV and reinstall my version which would mean adding all of your channels again.

I really didn't have a lot of time to work on the skin this weekend, it should be pretty easy to knock it out this week or maybe I'll just release a beta version or something so people can start testing it and I can clean it up at a slower pace that fits better into my schedule.

I guess I'll just take a quick vote, would you rather have to reinstall using my version and keep the 4 rows, white highlighted text, and 4th time bar or should I change it back to 6 rows, grey highlighted text and 3 time bars so you don't have to reinstall?
I'm not too keen on having to reinstall and adding my channels again. That would be a pain.
@tman12 Though I don't have many channels (around 50), I am more worried about some problem that may crop up in the future . Plus it would be monotonous on you and inconvenient for us to keep up with the original pseudotv releases if the developer stars updating it.So i feel its better you keep the original version intact and only modify it externally without delving much into the internal files.
I agree, this was a major concern with me while putting this skin together. I just really liked that idea of having only four rows, and the highlight text color being grey really limits the overlay color options - I'll take a look tonight to see how a transparent overlay looks with the grey text. I'll do a quick rework tonight and post some pics to see what people think.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIP PseudoTV Skin9