• 111(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-03-07, 14:19)rbej Wrote: Maybe something is fixed.

This updated PVR is realy huge.

146 changed files with 13,256 additions and 10,840 deletions.

hey, it's worth a try Wink Just doesn't sound like anyone from the XBMC dev team has time/interest to work on this at present so I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if it was working now.
(2013-03-07, 02:24)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-03-07, 01:44)spjonez Wrote: That was set to off, when I changed it to "Always" it does put my TV into 3D mode but the video is only taking up 1/3 of the screen (centered vertically)? Tried 3 movies they all came out like that.

Can you fix is with OSD/calibratration when playing?
Do the zoom modes do anything?
Does deleting/moving guisettings fix it?
Weird, it was guisettings Huh After I deleted it all my 3D movies play perfectly. Thanks for the help!
Update Frodo Branch

- new firmware and kernel

- updated PVR addons

- Vsync On by default

- Prevent timeout error because of waiting for port settings change event on the wrong pipeline object when using deinterlace mode

- CEC 2.1.1

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1350100

Hi,
thanks for this nice builds! I am using an ir remote connected via GPIO. Until one or two builds ago it was working good, but now it works only the first 20 or 30 seconds after boot or restarting xbmc. Afterwards nothing happens. irw still works. Is there anybody having the same problem?
(2013-03-09, 12:40)rbej Wrote: Update Frodo Branch

- new firmware and kernel

- updated PVR addons

- Vsync On by default

- Prevent timeout error because of waiting for port settings change event on the wrong pipeline object when using deinterlace mode

- CEC 2.1.1

Trying to update to this using NFSBoot, after it checks the Kernel and System files OK, I get error line 540: arithmetic syntax error" and then "kernel panic: not syncing")

(2013-03-07, 04:01)MilhouseVH Wrote: Have you tried adding "textmode" to cmdline.txt?

At the very least this will give you a fully booted system (which should include ssh), and with a console (it will need a keyboard attached) in place of xbmc.

This might allow you try and diagnose why ssh isn't working.

Textmode does indeed show the problem, which is that it says the Permissions are 0644 which are too open for the ssh files in storage/.cache/ssh and therefore it won't use them and so there's no ssh access. I'm not sure how this can be fixed as obviously running Windows 7 I can't set Linux permissions on the files.
I see that there should be the XVDR addon (so I think this should be the xvdr server as an add-on).

How do I install it? I want to see if I can make it work since tvheadend does not work well. (and I want timeshift).

Thanks
(2013-03-09, 18:04)doveman2 Wrote: Trying to update to this using NFSBoot, after it checks the Kernel and System files OK, I get error line 540: arithmetic syntax error" and then "kernel panic: not syncing")

Are you upgrading from an Rbej kernel when this happens? Does it repeat - if the panic occurs before any updates are applied then rebooting should either result in another panic, or a successful update.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-02-27, 09:01)rbej Wrote: - remove "Suspend" and "Hibernate" from XBMC shutdown menu (taken from XBIAN)

I queried the addition of this change to the author of Confluence Modified which is great on the Pi, to see if he could also add it, and he replied that rather than hacking the skin with such a change, the skin should be querying XBMC to determine whether Suspend and Hibernate options are supported by the hardware and not displaying options that are not supported... so assuming this statement is true, then it suggests the Raspberry Pi is lying when it reports that it supports Suspend and Hibernate, does anyone know if this has been raised as an issue?

Edit: It's very true... these are the default visibility options for Suspend and Hibernate in Confluence:
Code:
<visible>System.CanSuspend</visible>
<visible>System.CanHibernate</visible>

so it would appear the Raspberry Pi is not being honest about it's Suspend and Hibernate capabilities. Investigating...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-03-09, 20:39)MilhouseVH Wrote: Are you upgrading from an Rbej kernel when this happens? Does it repeat - if the panic occurs before any updates are applied then rebooting should either result in another panic, or a successful update.

Yep, from a rbej build. Yep, it does it again if I reboot. If I delete the updates, it boots normally into the existing build as it didn't get as far as applying any updates.
(2013-03-09, 21:01)doveman2 Wrote:
(2013-03-09, 20:39)MilhouseVH Wrote: Are you upgrading from an Rbej kernel when this happens? Does it repeat - if the panic occurs before any updates are applied then rebooting should either result in another panic, or a successful update.

Yep, from a rbej build. Yep, it does it again if I reboot. If I delete the updates, it boots normally into the existing build as it didn't get as far as applying any updates.

Odd, unless it's related to file permissions on your NFS server. Is there any way you can send me the kernel.img file you are using (not the new one, the one on your SD card)?
(2013-03-09, 21:05)MilhouseVH Wrote: Odd, unless it's related to file permissions on your NFS server. Is there any way you can send me the kernel.img file you are using (not the new one, the one on your SD card)?

I don't think it's permissions as I've done updates already this way without any problem and it seems to be able to read the files as it checks them and notifies that they're OK.

Hmm, maybe I've got confused and it's not an rbej build on the SD. I've been flipping between two SD's and OE/Raspbmc the last few days so I may have ended up with a thestateofme build instead of a rbej one.

Anyway, I've uploaded my existing kernel.img to https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1fDI89p...sp=sharing
But have you updated this way before when using this same NFS server? It's now reading (and checking) the update across NFS when before maybe it wasn't. Thanks for the kernel.img will take a look at it (unless you can confirm it's no longer issue after ensuring you are definitely booting from an Rbej kernel)
Update Frodo Branch

- Pause low priority (image) jobs for video play.

(This should result in faster starting times for video items on eg. internet filesystems and on low powered systems (ARM/Atom)

- revert update PVR addons

(2013-03-09, 21:16)doveman2 Wrote: Anyway, I've uploaded my existing kernel.img to https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1fDI89p...sp=sharing

Getting a rainbow screen with this kernel (presumably because I'm running older or newer firmware), could you also zip up and post the bootcode.bin/start.elf/fixup.dat files from your SD card?
Oh yeah, definitely updated from rbej using this NFS server.

Anyway, I overwrote the files on the SD with those from rbej's latest build now and tested with the Update files (so basically updating to the same version again) and that worked, so unless anyone else has a problem it's probably not worth looking at the kernel.

More importantly, it no longer works for me. It gets as far as the XBMC background but that's it, no menus or anything. Until I work out what to do with the permissions problem with the SSH files, I can't SSH in to test things either.

It does better loading from SD but then gets stuck at the end of "Loading EPG data from database" and is frozen and unresponsive to the remote. I can still SSH in though and checked top, which doesn't show me anything that would explain why it's frozen but maybe it will to someone else. The last thing I'd been doing before updating is setting up TVHeadend Server and Client, which still wasn't working properly but wasn't causing any freezes through multiple reboots.

Code:
Mem: 350028K used, 31952K free, 0K shrd, 35012K buff, 261300K cached
CPU:  0.0% usr  9.0% sys  0.0% nic 90.9% idle  0.0% io  0.0% irq  0.0% sirq
Load average: 0.64 0.50 0.21 1/104 1562
  PID  PPID USER     STAT   VSZ %VSZ CPU %CPU COMMAND
1562  1551 root     R     2540  0.6   0  9.0 top
1068     1 root     S     262m 70.3   0  0.0 /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalon
1455  1454 root     S    85760 22.4   0  0.0 tvheadend -C -s -u root -g video -
1061     1 root     S    23968  6.2   0  0.0 /usr/lib/polkit-1/polkitd --no-deb
1015     1 root     S    20436  5.3   0  0.0 /usr/sbin/vcfiled
1024     1 root     S    15644  4.0   0  0.0 /usr/lib/udisks/udisks-daemon
1211     1 root     S    11452  3.0   0  0.0 nmbd --daemon --configfile=/var/ru
1218     1 root     S    11444  2.9   0  0.0 smbd --daemon --configfile=/var/ru
1549  1032 root     S     6744  1.7   0  0.0 sshd: root@pts/0
1035  1024 root     S     6108  1.6   0  0.0 udisks-daemon: not polling any dev
  955     1 root     S     5772  1.5   0  0.0 /usr/bin/wpa_supplicant -u
  921   848 root     S     4584  1.2   0  0.0 /usr/sbin/connmand -nr
1032     1 root     S     4016  1.0   0  0.0 /usr/sbin/sshd
    1     0 root     S     3184  0.8   0  0.0 {init} /bin/sh /sbin/init
1186     1 avahi    S     3156  0.8   0  0.0 avahi-daemon: running [openelec.lo
  848     1 root     S     3084  0.8   0  0.0 {init} /bin/sh /sbin/init
1551  1549 root     S     3080  0.8   0  0.0 -sh
1454     1 root     S     3080  0.8   0  0.0 {tvheadend.start} /bin/sh /storage
  789     1 root     S     2940  0.7   0  0.0 /lib/systemd/systemd-udevd --daemo
  896     1 dbus     S     2932  0.7   0  0.0 dbus-daemon --system

(2013-03-09, 21:53)MilhouseVH Wrote: Getting a rainbow screen with this kernel (presumably because I'm running older or newer firmware), could you also zip up and post the bootcode.bin/start.elf/fixup.dat files from your SD card?

Sorry but I've overwritten them now so that I could be sure I'm using an rbej build.
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12