• 9(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended - Support thread
Weather and tvguide getting their infos from the internet, i may think your problem is related to your internet connection.
(2013-03-10, 10:59)butchabay Wrote: Weather and tvguide getting their infos from the internet, i may think your problem is related to your internet connection.

I would have thought so also because im using a poweline adapter. But in Aeon Nox everything works just fine, TV guide opens right away, weather shows up and if i open addons (like Aeon Nox Extra downloader or Trakt) there is no delay. XBMC was left on for 8hr now with the Nox skin and the log hasnt grown beyond 2mb.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-03-10, 10:16)paradix Wrote: I was browsing through the logs you posted, and I can't notice anything out of the ordinary - maybe beside of the many jsonrpc requests.

My logfile with loglevel=1 grows up to 2 Mb and that's it. It must be something connected strictly to your htpc, unless someone else is experiencing similar behaviour.

Maybe you could try to disable the randomandlastitems script and see if this makes the skin more responsive. With the elimination method maybe you can find what's causing the problem.

So i reinstalled everything fresh. Everything works until i add randomandlastitems script. With it on, Shutdown hangs, everything is slow to update. It sucks cuz without it, we cant use the Playlist latest item widget. It worked on Nox ok for the most part but in this skins, its almost unsuable. My laptop is wireless and i dont have a hard time with it and the skin. I guess Powerline network is the bottleneck. Is there anything that can be done?

(2013-03-10, 23:03)saitoh183 Wrote: So i reinstalled everything fresh. Everything works until i add randomandlastitems script. With it on, Shutdown hangs, everything is slow to update. It sucks cuz without it, we cant use the Playlist latest item widget. It worked on Nox ok for the most part but in this skins, its almost unsuable. My laptop is wireless and i dont have a hard time with it and the skin. I guess Powerline network is the bottleneck. Is there anything that can be done?

Could you create 2 log files, one from aeon nox and one from cirrus? Please make sure you configure one and the same custom playlist in both skins. Start each time xbmc from scratch and try to brows through this playlist or the recent widget.
Maybe there is some difference in how the recentandlast script is called from the skins.
(2013-03-10, 23:32)paradix Wrote:
(2013-03-10, 23:03)saitoh183 Wrote: So i reinstalled everything fresh. Everything works until i add randomandlastitems script. With it on, Shutdown hangs, everything is slow to update. It sucks cuz without it, we cant use the Playlist latest item widget. It worked on Nox ok for the most part but in this skins, its almost unsuable. My laptop is wireless and i dont have a hard time with it and the skin. I guess Powerline network is the bottleneck. Is there anything that can be done?

Could you create 2 log files, one from aeon nox and one from cirrus? Please make sure you configure one and the same custom playlist in both skins. Start each time xbmc from scratch and try to brows through this playlist or the recent widget.
Maybe there is some difference in how the recentandlast script is called from the skins.
When you say, start xbmc from scratch you mean restart the program im guessing.

(2013-03-10, 23:38)saitoh183 Wrote: When you say, start xbmc from scratch you mean restart the program im guessing.

Yes, of course Smile
(2013-03-10, 23:44)paradix Wrote:
(2013-03-10, 23:38)saitoh183 Wrote: When you say, start xbmc from scratch you mean restart the program im guessing.

Yes, of course Smile

Ok, So here is the log from Cirrus(45MB had to split file so i can be used)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/151513670/XBMC/Cirrus_XBMC.zip

Here is Nox:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/151513670/XBMC/xbmc.Nox.log

Here is my guisettings.xml if it can help: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/151513670/XBMC/guisettings.xml

As you asked, I started XBMC with Cirrus, waited till everything loaded for the widgets then did a Exit XBMC and waited till it closed. Then I modified my guisettings.xml to start XBMC with Nox. Did the same process. I Hope you find the problem.

I think i found the problem and the difference between Cirrus and Nox

In the XBMC_Cirrus.001.txt line 1135
Code:
18:02:21 T:3016   DEBUG: Random and Last items script: {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"episodes":[{"art":{"thumb":"image://...

In Nox, it uses the 16:9 thumb and not the episode thumb on the main window of the widget. When you select the widget, then you see the episode thumb. In Cirrus, it show the episode thumb on the main window. The line of code above doesnt appear in the Nox log.

(2013-03-11, 03:04)Krist0ina Wrote: The code can be found on the following Github:ImageImage

? and this helps how?

First of all this is wierd Smile
Cirrus --> 18:02:19 T:2452 DEBUG: Skin Widgets: Total time needed to request random queries: 0:04:45.810000
Aeon Nox --> 19:23:30 T:1924 DEBUG: Skin Widgets: Total time needed to request random queries: 0:00:06.609000

And then the jsonrpc request from random and last item is huge. One request is logged in the files XBMC_Cirrus_001, XBMC_Cirrus_002, XBMC_Cirrus_003, XBMC_Cirrus_004, XBMC_Cirrus_005.
The same happens in the next log files. It's about 15 MB of text. This has to be looked at Smile

I think the main problem is the logging. This might be causing the problems. Could you disable logging and try cirrus again?

In the meantime I'll be looking for some more clues.

-------
Edit:
I think I found the problem, just need to test it. Seems that the condition for running the random and last script might be wrong.
It runs also when no playlist is defined, and than it returns all episodes from the database - that's the only function in the script that logs the json query.
Quick fix for you just remove the "log(_json_query)" from the randomandlastitems.py in line 294
With Issue #62 closed some of the problems described by saitoh183 should be solved.
Please check it out saitoh183 and post some results. I hope your issue will be solved with this fix
Will check, is the skin updated in Passion Repo or download directly of Github?

(2013-03-11, 17:19)saitoh183 Wrote: Will check, is the skin updated in Passion Repo or download directly of Github?
For now it's only in the repo. Passion repo merges it automatically later at night.
(2013-03-11, 18:53)paradix Wrote:
(2013-03-11, 17:19)saitoh183 Wrote: Will check, is the skin updated in Passion Repo or download directly of Github?
For now it's only in the repo. Passion repo merges it automatically later at night.

Your fix seems to work Smile...Thank you very much...im really liking this skin so much Smile

Glad I could help, and fix a bug by the way Smile
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended - Support thread6