• 149(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Hey all,

OK!; I asume constellation ipad lags behind iphone version in terms of development?
ipad version has no support for epg or indeed the 'commands' menu.

Will constellation (on both platforms) fully support epg and pvr functionality at some point??

It's a great product - with these features it would be a killer!!! :-)

Cheers
Hey!,

Think I have found a bug!
Sometimes (on iphone) turning on the side for volume/track controls ; the controls don't function i.e. volume etc. don't work.
Going back to albums/artists and selecting is fine. Connection is fine also.
My phone going into lock/sleep and coming out 'seems' to make it work though. So I guess it's some sleep/hibernate issueHuh?.
Will investigate more and try to reproduce reliably.

thanks
(2013-02-26, 08:33)Archigos Wrote: Ghostdivision:
I thought I mentioned this before (maybe I forgot or with this long thread you may have missed it)... but it sounds like this is more of an issue with XBMC's external sound settings since you're using passthrough. I attempted to hook up externals on my system to see if I could set it up in a similar way (using wasapi) and I was having a few issues controlling the volume as well, but I can't begin to guess if it's XBMC or Constellation since the system I hooked up was 'kind of' broken anyway (no audio output even when manually adjusting the speakers themselves) so I have no idea if they even worked. I know it's not really ideal, but can you try to switch your system to use direct output and see if it fixes the audio controls? (Obviously switch back when you're done if you need to) Let me know if it handles differently that way.

Unfortunately no direct sound made no change, everything from my mce IR remote, xbmc official app, a simple keyboard seems to offer the volume feedback in the pictures I posted above, but I still dont get anything from constellation.

I also use roomie remote home automation remote for ipad and they just added support for frodo and i get volume feedback with that as well, and their not even done with xbmc setup. I have to think this is a constellation issue and how its sending volume commands or something.

Tonight I hit another stumbling block where this would have been helpful. I have something with a PCM track, which is internally decoded in xbmc, almost everything else i own has tracks that can be bitstreamed, i wondered why I was not getting sound during playback, and then i realized constellation volume was down to 4, and when its a pcm track bitstreaming is not activated so constellation and xbmc can control volume. But since i did not get any volume feedback again, i had no idea for pcm tracks constellation can control volume for those files.
Is anyone else having recent issues with Constellation on an iPad Retina after updating ATV Flash and AppleTV to 5.2? I'm using:

Apple TV 5.2
XBMC Frodo 12.0
Constellation 2.8.12
ATV Flash (Black) v2.2
iPad Retina

Using my iPhone 5 with Constellation 2.8.12 and the above, it has no trouble finding XBMC and Apple-TV.local. Trying to use Constellation 2.8.12 on the iPad Retina however...I try to search for the same host, and it is unable to find my Apple TV. Note that the iPhone 5 is not being used simultaneously, so I don't think that would be an issue.

I've tried to input all the information manually (host, port, JSONRPC port, etc) and also by duplicating what is being used by the iPhone 5, but it still comes up with an error when trying to test the connection in Constellation.

Usually this stuff is pretty easy to figure out, but this has me stumped, and wondering if there's a compatibility or software issue. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. I think Constellation has the best interface and visuals, hands down, and I would love to be able to once again use it on my iPad.
(2013-02-27, 11:10)pocster Wrote: Hey all,

OK!; I asume constellation ipad lags behind iphone version in terms of development?
ipad version has no support for epg or indeed the 'commands' menu.

Will constellation (on both platforms) fully support epg and pvr functionality at some point??

It's a great product - with these features it would be a killer!!! :-)

Cheers

Nope you've got that back to front, usually the iPad app leads the features, or at least has done so far, and where possible these features are added to the iPhone version a few releases later.
I have seen a few people asking lately for epg support and all I can say is I hope it comes soon, and without asking the devs directly I can't say when!

As for commands this Is a feature the iPad got first, and has been available for over a year, go to the remote control page and at the bottom is a box with a plus symbol in the top right, here you can add custom commands.
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Hi, found a weird bug in constellation on the ipad pro version 2.8 with Frodo and the iPlayer plugin.

I can start any stream in the plugin except live streams (both TV and Radio). If i select a 'live' channel nothing happens. The streams are working ok because it works in the official remote (but i prefer the gui of constelllation)

Any suggestions as to where to look for a solution? Thanks
In the plex version of Constellation you can add favourites from channels to the main menu sidebar - it would be great if you could do that in teh xbmc version also (from Plugins - ie a channel from iPlayer etc)
Hey guys when will there be a update jason rpc not working oke orange,
Using last version xbmc windows.

Alot of things are not working oke now.
Remote controle not working oke dont see the front.
How do you guys get the content in there? I am going nuts. I got the remote to work perfectly and the http address works too. There is nothing under movies... no content. Please help!!!

I even paid for the full version...
(2013-03-12, 16:15)Ferrari355 Wrote: How do you guys get the content in there? I am going nuts. I got the remote to work perfectly and the http address works too. There is nothing under movies... no content. Please help!!!

Do you use XBMC on a Mac?
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2013-03-12, 16:15)Ferrari355 Wrote: How do you guys get the content in there? I am going nuts. I got the remote to work perfectly and the http address works too. There is nothing under movies... no content. Please help!!!

Does your port numbers match up? I think it's 8080 by default.
The xbmc is on Apple TV so I assume its Mac?

Yes both ports are 8080 and the tcp is 9090?

I don't get it. It seems so easy on YouTube. I just have no content.
(2013-03-12, 18:16)Ferrari355 Wrote: The xbmc is on Apple TV so I assume its Mac?

Yes both ports are 8080 and the tcp is 9090?

I don't get it. It seems so easy on YouTube. I just have no content.

Is everything empty? So no movies, recently added, series, albums?
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Exactly. Nohing in all those category's. Remote and web address works. Am I missing a step or something?
When I press on the puzzle piece on top of the remote I can see all the content there but not as nice as I see on Youtube. Shouldn't it be in Movies? Recently added? Because those are completely blank.
  • 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5