• 23(current)
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
Nah, still cant see the favourites from tvguide. Im cool with that though because you have given me espn in the cfg file so all i need to sort now is the cache/refresh issue.
although, it would be nice to have the EPG but beggars cant be choosers eh
full error :

08:33:04 - Starting pass 1 of grabber UK_Bleb
08:33:04 - Finished pass 1 of grabber UK_Bleb
08:33:04 - 0 programs found
08:33:04 - Starting pass 1 of grabber UK_RT
08:33:04 - Please note that all data downloaded with this grabber is copyright of the Radio Times website (http://www.radiotimes.com) and the use of the data is restricted to personal use only. Also be aware that this service may not remain free and in future may become a paid-for service
08:33:09 - Clearing cache
08:33:09 - 40 / 40 channels downloaded
08:33:09 - Finished pass 1 of grabber UK_RT
08:33:09 - 16142 programs found
08:33:09 - Starting pass 1 of processor UK_RT_ALTNAMES_Text
08:33:09 - ...86)\XMLTV GUI\scripts/uk_rt/ukrt_altchnames_text.lua:20: bad argument #1 to `lines' (Permission denied)
08:33:09 - Finished pass 1 of processor UK_RT_ALTNAMES_Text
08:33:09 - Combining Grabber Programs
08:33:09 - Finished Combining Grabber Programs
08:33:09 - Writing XML
08:33:12 - XML Written

(2013-03-14, 10:20)mjeyre Wrote: full error :

08:33:04 - Starting pass 1 of grabber UK_Bleb
08:33:04 - Finished pass 1 of grabber UK_Bleb
08:33:04 - 0 programs found
08:33:04 - Starting pass 1 of grabber UK_RT
08:33:04 - Please note that all data downloaded with this grabber is copyright of the Radio Times website (http://www.radiotimes.com) and the use of the data is restricted to personal use only. Also be aware that this service may not remain free and in future may become a paid-for service
08:33:09 - Clearing cache
08:33:09 - 40 / 40 channels downloaded
08:33:09 - Finished pass 1 of grabber UK_RT
08:33:09 - 16142 programs found
08:33:09 - Starting pass 1 of processor UK_RT_ALTNAMES_Text
08:33:09 - ...86)\XMLTV GUI\scripts/uk_rt/ukrt_altchnames_text.lua:20: bad argument #1 to `lines' (Permission denied)
08:33:09 - Finished pass 1 of processor UK_RT_ALTNAMES_Text
08:33:09 - Combining Grabber Programs
08:33:09 - Finished Combining Grabber Programs
08:33:09 - Writing XML
08:33:12 - XML Written

RESOLVED ......CHEERS !
Wow

Just wow

With the recent work on the sky go add on this is the best add on for xbmc.
Syborgs recent work has finished it for me. Instructions were so easy and well written. 10 mins and I was up and running

Thanks

N
(2013-03-14, 23:35)nick w Wrote: Wow

Just wow

Syborgs recent work has finished it for me. Instructions were so easy and well written. 10 mins and I was up and running

Thanks

N

Good glad it's working for you! Question for you though - did all the channels automatically link or did you have to add any manually?

I have two positive looking ideas for anyone who is experiencing the cache refresh problem too! One is a bit of a macgyver fix the other is much more elegant. I will keep everyone posted as they progress!
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Excellent Syborg. Thanks for keeping at it mate, credit to ya.
Oops duplicate post!
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
If you need someone to test it mate, I'd be more than happy.
well jjmucker I have found a little time this evening and think I've cracked - this is my macgyver method - I was a concerned that the start up time for the channels would be significantly slower but its only a about a second slower I think that is pretty acceptable!

OK what you need to do!

Two files that needed changed - the skycache.bat and the launcher file.
Replace your skycache.bat in the C:\ with this one. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12292059/skygocache.bat
and here is the updated launchers file - rename to launchers.xml and put into the folder
\[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.launcher
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12292059/launch...0issue.xml

One very important thing - this won't fix the problem if you swap between channels - this only works on the first launch - so getting the tvguide to work would be a better thing for you as the tvguide launches the program again and this would again clear the cache.

To maybe solve your tvguide issue with it not seeing the favourites you could try using my launchers file and then add your launchers to it - I think you did it the other way round last time - backup your settings to be sure.

Like I mentioned it this isnt the most elegant thing in the world but it works - [as far as I can tell - fixed on my second machine] - please test and let me know.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Thanks Syborg, I'll try this later tonight and let you know how i get on.

Thanks again.
we used this form of solution before but we decided against it as we were sure users might not like the idea of having all their form data deleted.s.

it would lose all their other login details for other pages.

Mike
(2013-03-15, 01:28)syborg Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 23:35)nick w Wrote: Wow

Just wow

Thanks

N

Good glad it's working for you! Question for you though - did all the channels automatically link or did you have to add any manually?

I have two positive looking ideas for anyone who is experiencing the cache refresh problem too! One is a bit of a macgyver fix the other is much more elegant. I will keep everyone posted as they progress!

I followed your very clear instructions to favourite all the channels but i have noticed horror hasnt added to the launcher so will look tonight. I dont think it pulled through the icon for it either for the EPG.

Thanks again for everyones hard work. Its looking so good at the moment!
(2013-03-15, 10:41)mjeyre Wrote: we used this form of solution before but we decided against it as we were sure users might not like the idea of having all their form data deleted.s.

Mike

Fair enough but are people using Internet explorer as their main browser too? I personally I'm only using it for this so I don't mind if its settings get deleted every time.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2013-03-15, 10:45)syborg Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 10:41)mjeyre Wrote: we used this form of solution before but we decided against it as we were sure users might not like the idea of having all their form data deleted.s.

Mike

Fair enough but are people using Internet explorer as their main browser too? I personally I'm only using it for this so I don't mind if its settings get deleted every time.

Me too, also its my HTPC so i hardly browse on it, only to fix issues if i need notes on the screen.
Chrome is my default browser anyways

N
(2013-03-06, 14:50)krish_2k4 Wrote: is there a way to add one of the channels (sky sports news!) to the favourites in xbmc? so when you click it it just launches into the channel.

yes follow syborgs instructions or using the aeon nox skin simply add the 1.6 version skygo.exe ( SKYNEWS NUMBER) in adv launcher to your favorites then to home screen.

Mike
(2013-03-15, 10:53)nick w Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 10:45)syborg Wrote:

Mike

Me too, also its my HTPC so i hardly browse on it, only to fix issues if i need notes on the screen.
Chrome is my default browser anyways

N

Some people maybe using IE as default and thats why it cant be written that way. Not without explaining to people that they lose their forms.

I too have a dedicated HTPC machine sat under the tv, 2 laptops, and in my office a media server and upstairs 2 kids lappys running xbmc all on chrome now.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC4