Airplay Mirroring stuck on 10.8.3 claiming connected to XBMC
This is bound to be an OSX 10.8.3 bug, but I suspect more people are going to see this!

I'm running XBMC Frodo on Ubuntu Precise. Airplay is enabled.

Last night I upgraded my macbook air to 10.8.3. Since then, it automatically switches on Airplay Mirroring claiming to be connected to my XBMC machine... And I can't turn it off! (Trying to turn it off, it just turns on again immediately.)

My only option seems to be to turn off Airplay in XBMC. Which of course means I can't use that any more. :-)

Anyone else seeing this? (I expect it doesn't matter which platform XBMC is running on, just that it's sharing Airplay on the same network as a mac that gets upgraded to 10.8.3.)
Haha stupid apple. The way we announce airplay on XBMC should never ever lead to anything connecting to it when it comes to mirroring. We announce "No we don't support mirroring" and "No we don't support fairplay encryption". Both is a need for airplay mirroring and apple seems to ignore our announcement in that case.

Does the behavior you are experiencing has any downsides?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-03-15, 12:33)Memphiz Wrote: Haha stupid apple. The way we announce airplay on XBMC should never ever lead to anything connecting to it when it comes to mirroring. We announce "No we don't support mirroring" and "No we don't support fairplay encryption". Both is a need for airplay mirroring and apple seems to ignore our announcement in that case.

Does the behavior you are experiencing has any downsides?

Apart from the distracting blue airplay icon on the menubar (which I could turn off)? No *visible* downsides; Unknown if there are more invisible downsides, like increased network bandwidth, increased battery usage, etc.

And crazier than that of course: even if xbmc was advertising the full mirroring capability - and could actually do it - why on earth would osx be deciding to use it unilaterally without even letting me turn it off? Clearly a bug in this osx update.
(2013-03-15, 12:37)Rachel Wrote: And crazier than that of course: even if xbmc was advertising the full mirroring capability - and could actually do it - why on earth would osx be deciding to use it unilaterally without even letting me turn it off? Clearly a bug in this osx update.

Hmm.. Did Airplay history value got stuck? Like: you was on 10.8.2, XBMC was listed as a device. You have upgraded to 10.8.3, history value stayed uncleared but since XBMC announce "we have no mirror capabilities" you are not offered possibility to switch it off Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

doesn't explain how it ever got switched on, as airplay mirroring wouldn't have worked before anyway. Also, this problem does persist over a reboot.
Rachel any benefits on 10.8.3? (going to update my dev macmini soon too).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2013-03-15, 15:26)Memphiz Wrote: Rachel any benefits on 10.8.3? (going to update my dev macmini soon too).

Lots of security fixes. Holding back security fixes for XBMC on another machine is not an option. :-)

New information btw: Run XBMC on another *mac*, and enable Airplay in XBMC on there, and it doesn't happen. This only seems to happen with XBMC running on Linux and sharing Airplay. (Windows not tested, don't have a windows box.)

So this may be an avahi interaction.
wähhh ... Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay Mirroring stuck on 10.8.3 claiming connected to XBMC0