• 265(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
Btw, after spending MANY hours with PTV, I have now succesfully gotten ALL Hulu streams to work (in Frodo). I have also been able to get Live Channel streams working, but with no EPG info. For me, with the ability of having my local collection, Hulu AND Live Channel streams, I now have THE wholly grail addon in PTV!!
(2013-03-15, 14:34)Guile Wrote: Btw, after spending MANY hours with PTV, I have now succesfully gotten ALL Hulu streams to work (in Frodo). I have also been able to get Live Channel streams working, but with no EPG info. For me, with the ability of having my local collection, Hulu AND Live Channel streams, I now have THE wholly grail addon in PTV!!

Can you please tell how you did this? This would be great to have and I am sooo wanting this for the wifey.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Bug 
I asked this about a month ago but never really got an answer so I figured I'd ask again...every since upgrading to frodo I've noticed that the plot info always gets cut off a few letters early on both the Tv overlay and the EPG.. It doesn't seem to matter if the plot is a sentence long or an entire paragraph, ever since upgrading to frodo this happens. Has this issue been fixed or is it still unfortunately happening?
Wink 
(2013-03-15, 16:09)rflores2323 Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 14:34)Guile Wrote: Btw, after spending MANY hours with PTV, I have now succesfully gotten ALL Hulu streams to work (in Frodo). I have also been able to get Live Channel streams working, but with no EPG info. For me, with the ability of having my local collection, Hulu AND Live Channel streams, I now have THE wholly grail addon in PTV!!

Can you please tell how you did this? This would be great to have and I am sooo wanting this for the wifey.

@ Guile - What was the point of this post? to brag? maybe share what you did Smile

@ rflores2323 - most likely using strm and nfo files( strm's to create "shortcuts" to internet content, and nfo's to integrate strm's into the xbmc library)... even maybe with this Wink
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

For Hulu, everything will work if you make the playlists as "TV Shows" instead of "Episodes."

To get live streams like CNN to work all you have to do is put it in a ".strm" file. You can also get EPG information for it by simply making an ".nfo" file like you would for anything else and putting "CNN News" or whatever in it.

Just put the .strm and .nfo file in a single directory - in this example - name it "CNN" and on PTV create the channel as a directory and point to it.

------------------
To get you started:

Put this in a text document and save it as .strm file.

rtmp://c.cdn.msnbclive.eu/edge/cnn_live swfurl=http://msnbclive.eu/player.swf pageUrl=http://blog.livenewschat.tv/rockinroosters/ live=1

^That will get you the CNN live stream.

To get detailed EPG - you may be able to multiple directories of the same stream file - and have a different .nfo in each one. Make each channel but the primary hidden and then interleave each hidden channel with the .nfo for the show that's currently on at each time.

So, for example, in one directory the 'title' field in the .nfo could say something like "Anderson Cooper 360" and in other directory "Piers Morgan" - interleave the channels according to when each of those shows are on, and in the PTV guide it'll actually say "CNN" as channel and "Piers Morgan" or whatever is on when it's actually on. I haven't tried this part myself, but, I don't see why it wouldn't work...

I just use "CNN News" in the title field and so that's all the EPG shows all day long.
(2013-03-16, 02:12)Lunatixz Wrote:

@ Guile - What was the point of this post? to brag? maybe share what you did Smile

Brag?? I'm sorry that YOU took it that way. I posted about trying to get this done after spending MANY hours (unsucessfully) with it.

How I did it, I used xbmc.my library. Once this ran through everything I had saved in Hulu subs, it brought it over to library. Although the Hulu streams worked in my library, most others (Freecable) didn't and things were still NOT seen by PTV. One of the issues was with the .nfo files.

So, I added my dropbox as a source and added Hulu streams deleting the .nfo files. PTV would still not see the streams. Although they WERE in my library, I then went in via file mode and just updated "TV Information". As long as it can be picked up by TVDB (i.e. naming structure is accurate per episode), it will work. ANY stream in the correct format and in your library will work this way! I use PTV Manager and I can make specific channels based on streams, mixed and/or TV Network channels and EVERYTHING works perfectly! I actually had some live channel streams I made and basically put it in a folder naming it as a "show" on the respective network. I can't get EPG data but I know which channels are live and which are not (and "live" I mean by live channel streams). Btw, thanks for the response to my PMTongue

g
Using XBMC.MyLibrary to export isn't really necessary. The issue with Hulu streams not showing up in PseudoTV is caused by the NFO files associated with them. The NFO files that are generated when you export to library from BlueCop's Hulu plugin do not contain a <runtime> field. So when XBMC scans them into the library, it sets the runtime for all the Hulu streams to 0 in the video database. Here's how to remedy this:

1. Disable "Export Episode NFO" in the BlueCop's Hulu plugin settings.
2. Delete your current Hulu library directory.
3. Clean your database.
4. Add your Hulu library directory as a source and set content to TVDB (if you haven't already done this)
5. Export Hulu streams to library.
6. Update library (if you don't have update library enabled in Hulu settings)
7. Success. Big Grin
Hi all, does anyone know if it's possible to add new episodes to my channels without resetting that channel. For example, I have a channel that plays episodes in order from 6-7 different shows. If I add new episodes I have to force channel reset and my episodes restart from s01e01? Any help is greatly appreciated.
(2013-03-16, 18:51)prawnee Wrote: Hi all, does anyone know if it's possible to add new episodes to my channels without resetting that channel. For example, I have a channel that plays episodes in order from 6-7 different shows. If I add new episodes I have to force channel reset and my episodes restart from s01e01? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I believe the simple answer is "no".

As I understand this addon (which I'll admit isn't a lot - I'm still learning), it looks like new playlists are actually generated from however you created the channel. If you find and edit the generated playlist, I bet that you could manually insert episodes. It seems that it would be a pain though. A program might be able to make the process a bit easier (if such a thing exists or you feel like making one), but really the simple answer is to reset the channel or wait until it does so on its own.
(2013-03-16, 18:51)prawnee Wrote: Hi all, does anyone know if it's possible to add new episodes to my channels without resetting that channel. For example, I have a channel that plays episodes in order from 6-7 different shows. If I add new episodes I have to force channel reset and my episodes restart from s01e01? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quickest way to fix this is to add a rule to not play watched items.
For a live stream, what do I need to create for a nfo file? My stream works when I select it but it won't show in pseudotv.
Is it possible to get sportsdevil (firstrowsports) to work with pseudoTV? i have a favorite shortcut on my normal aeon nox to go right to firstrowsports but I cannot seem to find a way to get it to work with pseudotv.
(2013-03-17, 01:30)hewligun Wrote: Is it possible to get sportsdevil (firstrowsports) to work with pseudoTV? i have a favorite shortcut on my normal aeon nox to go right to firstrowsports but I cannot seem to find a way to get it to work with pseudotv.

depending on the stream its possible...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-03-16, 18:14)XeroKool Wrote: Using XBMC.MyLibrary to export isn't really necessary. The issue with Hulu streams not showing up in PseudoTV is caused by the NFO files associated with them. The NFO files that are generated when you export to library from BlueCop's Hulu plugin do not contain a <runtime> field. So when XBMC scans them into the library, it sets the runtime for all the Hulu streams to 0 in the video database. Here's how to remedy this:

1. Disable "Export Episode NFO" in the BlueCop's Hulu plugin settings.
2. Delete your current Hulu library directory.
3. Clean your database.
4. Add your Hulu library directory as a source and set content to TVDB (if you haven't already done this)
5. Export Hulu streams to library.
6. Update library (if you don't have update library enabled in Hulu settings)
7. Success. Big Grin

This solution is not working for me. In fact the TVDB scraper is not adding <runtime> fields for my hulu streams either.
(2013-03-17, 06:26)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-03-17, 01:30)hewligun Wrote: Is it possible to get sportsdevil (firstrowsports) to work with pseudoTV? i have a favorite shortcut on my normal aeon nox to go right to firstrowsports but I cannot seem to find a way to get it to work with pseudotv.

depending on the stream its possible...
/
How can I set it up to test?
  • 265(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25