• 24(current)
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
(2013-03-15, 12:09)mjeyre Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 10:53)nick w Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 10:45)syborg Wrote: Fair enough but are people using Internet explorer as their main browser too? I personally I'm only using it for this so I don't mind if its settings get deleted every time.

Me too, also its my HTPC so i hardly browse on it, only to fix issues if i need notes on the screen.
Chrome is my default browser anyways

N

Some people maybe using IE as default and thats why it cant be written that way. Not without explaining to people that they lose their forms.

I too have a dedicated HTPC machine sat under the tv, 2 laptops, and in my office a media server and upstairs 2 kids lappys running xbmc all on chrome now.

Are you syncing all your watched and in-progress status's throughout your xbmc installs with SQL?
just curious Smile
thinking of adding another xbmc client but unsure of the best method

offtopic i know
n
(2013-03-15, 12:14)nick w Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 12:09)mjeyre Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 10:53)nick w Wrote: Me too, also its my HTPC so i hardly browse on it, only to fix issues if i need notes on the screen.
Chrome is my default browser anyways

N

Some people maybe using IE as default and thats why it cant be written that way. Not without explaining to people that they lose their forms.

I too have a dedicated HTPC machine sat under the tv, 2 laptops, and in my office a media server and upstairs 2 kids lappys running xbmc all on chrome now.

Are you syncing all your watched and in-progress status's throughout your xbmc installs with SQL?
just curious Smile
thinking of adding another xbmc client but unsure of the best method

offtopic i know
n

yes, i have some issues though, sometimes random on diff machines it constantly tries to update the library. not all the time though, and off topic all my files play fine like 1080p and blu ray isos even 3d 1080p s dont judder but stick a dvd in the drive and they all stutter Huh lol
Hi guys, works great... well kind of

When it launches I can't seem to change channel. Using the android app or the keyboard I can hear the XBMC main menu scrolling in the background/minimised so the focus isn't on the skygo video window. If I enable the cursor I can change the channel that way. I've never used advanced launcher before so I'm probably doing something stupid.

Also I'm in Ireland and it works here fine too, although the channel list may be different here (I'm not sure). That brings me on to another thought. Could this be modified to launch something like BBC/ITV/Channel 4/Hulu in chrome? I ask becuase I used hola unblocker (http://hola.org/unblocker.html) to view all of of these within chrome. They're not normally available in Ireland. If it were possible to simply launch the video content of these pages in chrome with hola unlocker installed via advanced launcher I'm sure you would have a massive add on!
(2013-03-15, 18:22)Nilafhiosagam Wrote: Hi guys, works great... well kind of

When it launches I can't seem to change channel. Using the android app or the keyboard I can hear the XBMC main menu scrolling in the background/minimised so the focus isn't on the skygo video window. If I enable the cursor I can change the channel that way. I've never used advanced launcher before so I'm probably doing something stupid.

Also I'm in Ireland and it works here fine too, although the channel list may be different here (I'm not sure). That brings me on to another thought. Could this be modified to launch something like BBC/ITV/Channel 4/Hulu in chrome? I ask becuase I used hola unblocker (http://hola.org/unblocker.html) to view all of of these within chrome. They're not normally available in Ireland. If it were possible to simply launch the video content of these pages in chrome with hola unlocker installed via advanced launcher I'm sure you would have a massive add on!

Thanks for letting us know about ireland and your kind words.
Unfortunately we don't have the time to check other streams and look for exploits. This was a massive job as is still now. I am sorry to say unless someone else makes the gesture I can only support this plugin.

The way this plugin works is to exploit an area of silverlight that exposes the individual channel ID streams. I dont think the bbc or itv uses silverlight in this way. Apologies for being so direct but finding these exploits takes a very long time.
Best Wishes

XbmcMIke
What's about having a single interface (EPG) to access both sky and TV catchup?
Is it even possible?
NRofl

Ok the Skygo app works on top of the XBMC giving the look of working within XBMC. The android remote your using will be using a protocol to talk to XBMC directly - Json-PC (I think). This why you can hear XBMC in the background because when you press a button on your remote it only has an effect on XBMC not your entire system. For instance if you don't have XBMC open and press buttons nothing happens.
Anyway back to your issues, if you want to change channels you need to either use a keyboard or a remote that functions like a keyboard. This usually means installing a small server program on your computer that translates the presses on your remote to keyboard presses that interact with your whole system. I suggested hippo-remote for iOS I think the android equivalent is called valence.
These remotes work in Xbmc the same way a keyboard works in Xbmc, some of these remotes have skins/profile that look more like the dedicated remotes. I know hippo does - I will try the android one tonight see what's its like!

Now to change the channel you have 2 options.
First you can press backspace on your keyboard or keyboard emulating remote and this take you back to the EPG and from there select a new channel.
Alternatively, you can press 5 on keyboard and a menu will pop up and select a channel from there again you will need to use a keyboard or a remote that emulates a keyboard.

For Ireland, if it working ok then I will need some info about the channel list it should (i hope) be a pretty straight forward new channel list but if you are using the EPG it matches based on name so it should matter too much.

Regarding bbc, itv etc, there are already apps for these within Xbmc that some might work with a proxy! They are already up and running and witkingbit would be duplicating a lot things. As I have mentioned if people are interested I will write a guide to adding UK and US live free to air channels to the EPG too?

(2013-03-15, 19:57)nick w Wrote: What's about having a single interface (EPG) to access both sky and TV catchup?
Is it even possible?
NRofl

It's pretty straight forward to setup - ill put together instructions over the next couple days! Smile
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2013-03-15, 19:46)mjeyre Wrote:

Unfortunately we don't have the time to check other streams and look for exploits. This was a massive job as is still now. I am sorry to say unless someone else makes the gesture I can only support this plugin.

The way this plugin works is to exploit an area of silverlight that exposes the individual channel ID streams. I dont think the bbc or itv uses silverlight in this way. Apologies for being so direct but finding these exploits takes a very long time.
Best Wishes

XbmcMIke

You can actually run html streams directly in xbmc , you have to add the extension to the playcorefactory filelists.

maybe if you set your browser to chrome and then add the direct stream urls to advanced launcher that may work. Itv uses flash i think.

(2013-03-15, 20:03)mjeyre Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 19:46)mjeyre Wrote:

Best Wishes

XbmcMIke

You can actually run html streams directly in xbmc , you have to add the extension to the playcorefactory filelists.

maybe if you set your browser to chrome and then add the direct stream urls to advanced launcher that may work. Itv uses flash i think.

as syborg says tv catchup and itv player and iplayer are all in the repository, you just need a proxy mask.
Thanks,

I'll try those add ons with a VPN like hotspot shield or expat shield. The reason I was asking about launching chrome (with hola unblocker) is that I wouldn't have to turn on and off VPNs to satisfy the region as I switch between US, UK and Irish add ons.

Re: the remote, I have unified remote on the HTPC so I'll try that to change channels

I'm not on the HTPC at the moment but I'm just looking at the .cfg file I have downloaded and it seems to say sky sports 1 is on 409. Is that right? Off the top of my head the channels in Ireland:

SS1 = 401
SS2 = 402
etc

SSN is 405 or 408, I can't remember

ESPN seems to be missing

I'll have a look properly and see how well it works in Ireland later

Once again, great add-on!
(2013-03-15, 20:42)Nilafhiosagam Wrote: Thanks,

I'll try those add ons with a VPN like hotspot shield or expat shield. The reason I was asking about launching chrome (with hola unblocker) is that I wouldn't have to turn on and off VPNs to satisfy the region as I switch between US, UK and Irish add ons.

Re: the remote, I have unified remote on the HTPC so I'll try that to change channels

I'm not on the HTPC at the moment but I'm just looking at the .cfg file I have downloaded and it seems to say sky sports 1 is on 409. Is that right? Off the top of my head the channels in Ireland:

SS1 = 401
SS2 = 402
etc

SSN is 405 or 408, I can't remember

ESPN seems to be missing

I'll have a look properly and see how well it works in Ireland later

Once again, great add-on!

ESPN is definitely missing (I put together original channel list for the guys but i dong have a ESPN sub so it got missed) but there is a updated channel.cfg which has it! I will upload a link to when when I get home from work!

updated channel list with ESPN - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12292059/channels.cfg
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Anyone else using the atom d2700 or atom htpc's . Silverlight playback is very choppy for me.
The 1.7b doesnt work for me, just says 'connecting'. 1.6b does work.
i'm using win7 hp, ie9, xbmc frodo, on an asrock ion 330.
(2013-03-15, 21:05)bladeds Wrote: Anyone else using the atom d2700 or atom htpc's . Silverlight playback is very choppy for me.

Is it choppy when you use skygo in the ordinary browser mode or only through the skygo.exe?
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Hi Syborg. Im still not having any favourites appearing when adding your launchers file. Perhaps im doing something wrong, I must be. Am i simply copy/paste your launchers code into a wordpad document and naming it launchers.xml and adding it to that folder?
Is that it?

sorry for the noob question
Ok I think i may have got it, I forgot to readd the favourites.
But now, anytime I click on ANY channel, Its just Sky1 thats coming up?
(2013-03-16, 02:54)jjmucker Wrote: Hi Syborg. Im still not having any favourites appearing when adding your launchers file. Perhaps im doing something wrong, I must be. Am i simply copy/paste your launchers code into a wordpad document and naming it launchers.xml and adding it to that folder?
Is that it?

sorry for the noob question

Take the launchers-cacheissue.xml and rename to launchers.xml and copy to

\[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.launcher

Bear in mind this will copy over the current launchers.xml so back this up.

Then in Xbmc go into advanced launcher and all the channels should be there - favourite each one of these launchers - press c on the keyboard then add to favourites for all of them individually.
This should automatically link to the EPG channels but if not you will be able to choose the favourites you have made.
Well that's how it should work!

(2013-03-16, 03:14)jjmucker Wrote: Ok I think i may have got it, I forgot to readd the favourites.
But now, anytime I click on ANY channel, Its just Sky1 thats coming up?

Did you replace the previous skygocache.bat with my new one?
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC4