Solved Random hangs/freezes Frodo NFS Win7 MySQL
(2013-03-16, 00:36)seth.feinberg Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 23:04)Memphiz Wrote: It should stick instantly - you should also see the overlayed text in the left upper corner indicating debugging is enabled. Well no sign of you turning it on in the last pasty...

Yeah, I did see the overlay during the entire time I was watching the Friday Night Lights episode that it lists in the log, but I didn't see any mention of it turning on either, which is why I thought I had to close it down and reopen for it to stick. I ran it again right now and this time it appears to have worked: http://pastebin.com/VB2DbARB

On this occasion I experienced the ~2.5min delay BOTH when selecting the first file (which I had previous watched about half of and selected start from the beginning when I played it) and after I stopped that file and selected another file.

Please try without tvtunes and without the initial lobrary scanning turned on.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-03-17, 14:14)Memphiz Wrote: Please try without tvtunes and without the initial lobrary scanning turned on.

I disabled TVTunes, unchecked "Update Library on Startup", turned on debugging and closed xbmc. Upon opening it back up, I first noticed how quickly it fired up and how responsive it was. Then I played a file and it played instantly and to completion. Upon completion it closed down, the file was instantly marked as watched and the next file I played played instantly! Here's that log: http://pastebin.com/EVR3P49m

Since I can live w/o TVTunes but can't w/o updating the library, I reenabled "Update Library on Startup" and retried everything. Seemed to work fine: http://pastebin.com/QWCBZZh1 but, somewhat expectably, much slower on startup. Took about 30 seconds for the thumbnails in the Recently Added TV Shows to show up.

So thank so much for helping me trouble shoot @Memphiz! I suppose I'll just leave TVTunes disabled/head over to that thread and ask around. Do you notice anything in my logs that might help me speed up the initial start up/update?
(2013-03-18, 00:52)seth.feinberg Wrote: Do you notice anything in my logs that might help me speed up the initial start up/update?

It doesn't appear I'm quite out of the woods yet. With TV Tunes DISabled but "Update LIbrary on Startup" enabled. I experienced around a 1.5 minute lag when trying to enter and exit a TV Show's subfolder. Here's the debug log: http://pastebin.com/Qx94jeiM

Perhaps this is unrelated (since its not happening after trying to play a file) but its really annoying and If you see anything in those logs that might help me I'd be very grateful.
sry - i'm not into that library update stuff. I just have it off and scan for new content when i have something newly added (which is really seldom). Those log files just make my head explode.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2013-03-18, 13:52)Memphiz Wrote: sry - i'm not into that library update stuff. I just have it off and scan for new content when i have something newly added (which is really seldom). Those log files just make my head explode.

hahaha, well thanks again for helping me trouble shoot it to a level that is at least more tolerable. You've already been more than helpful, but if you don't mind: any suggestions on WHERE to go to trouble shoot this (like which subthread, since you always seem to be the one that helps me outSmile )? Also, do you think I'd still benefit from just blowing out the db and starting over anyways?

On an unrelated note, I'm heading to your corner of the world next week! Not Germany, but Austria. If you happen to be anywhere near (I realize this is a long shot), I owe you a drink (or 30) and I'd love to come through on that...
Hehe - well i'm not anywhere near Austria next week but thx for the offer Smile.

I would wait until someone of the other devs comes by this thread. I think jmarshall or Montellese (on vacation atm) might be able to comment on that.
(2013-03-18, 21:48)Memphiz Wrote: Hehe - well i'm not anywhere near Austria next week but thx for the offer Smile.

BummerSad

(2013-03-18, 21:48)Memphiz Wrote: I would wait until someone of the other devs comes by this thread. I think jmarshall or Montellese (on vacation atm) might be able to comment on that.

I was about to start a new post, but once I realized it would have the same title as this one I decided against it. I hope somebody else has some suggestions for speeding this up, if not I'll probably end up blowing out my db again if only to see if it works. I've been noticing a lot of crashing on my ATV installation as well and I have to assume its all related to some phantom issue with the db migration. I am now able to play another file, but it takes about the same ~2.5 minutes before a just completed file is marked as watched...

Edit: Its still happening at very random times. I opened Fraggle Rock and played the first file and it was fine. After about 1 minute and a half I stopped the file and attempted to play the next one and got the save ~2.5 minute pause before it would play. I also noticed that the right side of the list (the part with the badge that says SD or HD and the rating) wasn't populated for any file but the top one. and as I type this the Total Duration Counter is still ticking up, as in it seems to be taking an extra long time to read the contents of the folder. I hope some of this maybe clues somebody in on what's going on.
Are you sure that the Initial scan is over already? Maybe Startup xbmc - leave it alone for 15 mins and see if the Problem vanishes then (might be that the Initial scan gets paused on playback start and resumed on stop and so on).
(2013-03-20, 12:28)Memphiz Wrote: Are you sure that the Initial scan is over already? Maybe Startup xbmc - leave it alone for 15 mins and see if the Problem vanishes then (might be that the Initial scan gets paused on playback start and resumed on stop and so on).

Interesting idea. Are you saying just make sure the initial scan finishes once? or wait EVERY time I start/update XBMC? Cause if its the latter that would be a very unfortunate and annoying situation. I think that guess has merit though, there isn't an "Updating Library" dialog in the right corner after a file stops playing like when XBMC is started but perhaps its trying to pick up where it left off (and failing). It appears much slower updating the Library than it was under Eden and its CLEARLY slower at pulling in all the info inside individual TV Shows that haven't been opened yet in Frodo.

Even more frustrating is that my ATV2 installation, which has always and is currently set to NOT Update Library on Start-up, has been crashing after about 1.5 minutes of being open. It happened to me like 7 times in a row last night as I was trying to comb through the Add-ons to disable anything that looked extraneous. I'll look for a crashreport tonight and post.

I'm also going to remove Music from the equation and see if that does anything. I deleted all the db's and rescanned the source yesterday. I'd love for XBMC to be an all-encompassing media center, but I've had issues with Music in the past and have an inkling that might also be related. I have my Music source in Sources.xml, but under eden I never scanned it in so nothing ever showed up. Upon firing up Frodo the first (and every) time I noticed that there were some recently added albums. Removing it is worth a shot I guess.

I'm getting pretty darn frustrated. I'm leaving on vacay for a week tomorrow, or I would've started fresh already. I want to save banners AND posters to all my Movies/TV Shows and hoping the fine folks at the Artwork Downloader Plugin or EMM push out a new release in the meantime and I can save it all to the file system before I start over. Trying to find some kind of silver lining in my regular annoyances with upgrading XBMC installations.
Well i'm back from my vacation. I updated all my instances 12.1 right before I left but my ATV2 installation is still crashing every time after being open for a few minutes. I managed to turn on debugging before one crash and below are those logs (didn't see a crashreporter):

pastebin.com/9jbSu1fD (this one is the crash during the session I managed to turn the debugging on)
pastebin.com/BDPCauBi (this one has debugging for the entire start to crash session)

I was about to be excited to report that I didn't experience the delay on my Win7 HTPC last night after a file completed and I selected the next file, but this morning I realized that the file I watched was already marked as watched, so it wasn't properly testing whether the delay is when XBMC changes the file in the database to watched. And I was experiencing the random 1-2 minutes delays at seemingly random times after disabling TVTunes, so I'm not sure how useful that info would be anyways, but I'll be sure to test tonight.

I realize this problem has drifted a bit especially from the Win7 specificity perspective, but I'm sure its all related and any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm also going to try to remove any trace of the music tonight to see if that does it, but at this point I'm thinking i'll never fully trust it until I do a complete wipe and rebuilding of the db....

Edit: I found some posts when I googled the "ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed" i see in there and most of them suggest deleting the offending database, so I deleted both the textures db's in the databases folder in the userdata folder of my ATV. It still crashed. Here's that log: http://pastebin.com/kYw1mHAS
Edit2: Also tested the HTPC on a new episode and am experiencing the same 1-2 minute delay when trying to play the next file after one just completes.
I tested with removing the Music entirely from my installations and it didn't seem to do any good. So I finally gave in and blew out all the db's, deleted all the files in Databases subfolder of the userdata folder and once I was convinced I was truly starting from scratch I reloaded my movies and TV shows. This seems to have solved both the issue with my HTPC delaying an couple minutes when trying to play a second file AS WELL as the super annoying issue where my ATV2 installation was crashing after a couple minutes every time it was opened. So once again (same issue upgrading to Eden), starting my Library from scratch was what fixed my problem.

I'm probably going to start a new thread for this, but now my HTPC XBMC, when started, will pause on the XBMC black spash screen for over a minute before the Home Screen will pop up. Here's a debug log: http://pastebin.com/A7MAQnWD . If you notice anything obvious I'd be very grateful if there's something I could do to speed that startup time up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random hangs/freezes Frodo NFS Win7 MySQL0