• 116(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-03-20, 20:33)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-03-20, 19:34)rbej Wrote: 100% usage cpu is fixed, but usage cpu is high that old scheme. And find another bug. Corrupted picture about few seconds after playing movie.

"[wip] hacking around" has been updated with fix for corrupted frame.

Working ok, but seek bug is return. Disable fast seek?? #define INITIAL_PACKETS_REQUIRED (1<<20) ??

(2013-03-20, 22:07)rbej Wrote: Working ok, but seek bug is return. Disable fast seek?? #define INITIAL_PACKETS_REQUIRED (1<<20) ??

Yes. Change that in two places.
Another bug. Little bug. No audio on first 1-1.5 seconds when movie is playing from the beginning. This same issues when play mp3, flac etc. First 1 second audio is cut.

PS. Old scheme have this issue to. I play from NFS and maybe this causes bug.

Frodo Branch Updated

- new firmware and kernel

- fixed added hotplug support for Linux input devices.

- new scheme for handling stalling and buffering

- revert "Always use the aspect ratio from file"

- check free memory, and if plenty use full size buffers for reading files

- hacking around (many new fixes in OmxPlayer)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid135010

Excelent. Hope they have fixed the OpenElec's Wifi to have RTL8188S WLAN Adapter support. Also makeing of the Wifi connection is horrible at the moment. (Raspbmc had network manager)..
*delete*
The very latest release in most definitely a nono for me real problems in opening previously accessible smb folders plus lengthy opening of file (all H264 .ts files).
In addition the seek forward keep hangining ... for me unusable.

Previous rbej ( I downloaded 17/3/13) release is great very responsive skip buffer fills quickly giving a good user friendly experience
Thank you for your hard work.

I try to update manually from fresh 2.99.5 (win) installation on Rpi 512Mb.
If it boots up, update says that 2x md5 is ok, but it run in a 'size check failed' and don't update.

Is it from too less free space on my SD-Partitions, or what's the reason to this?
(2013-03-21, 15:20)evanspae Wrote: The very latest release in most definitely a nono for me real problems in opening previously accessible smb folders plus lengthy opening of file (all H264 .ts files).
In addition the seek forward keep hangining ... for me unusable.

Previous rbej ( I downloaded 17/3/13) release is great very responsive skip buffer fills quickly giving a good user friendly experience

All my mkv and avi files seek forward with none problems.

(2013-03-21, 15:36)82uJ Wrote: I try to update manually from fresh 2.99.5 (win) installation on Rpi 512Mb.
If it boots up, update says that 2x md5 is ok, but it run in a 'size check failed' and don't update.

Is it from too less free space on my SD-Partitions, or what's the reason to this?

Yes, sounds like you don't have enough free space in the FAT partition. Either update using a PC, or clear out some of the junk you must have in the FAT partition (if there isn't any junk present, then you probably need to resize the FAT partition so that it is about 128MB).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-03-21, 16:24)MilhouseVH Wrote: +Yes, sounds like you don't have enough free space in the FAT partition. Either update using a PC, or clear out some of the junk you must have in the FAT partition (if there isn't any junk present, then you probably need to resize the FAT partition so that it is about 128MB).
Thank you. Some junk cleaned, and it works... Nerd
Smile
Can someone please help me understand how to transfer my NFS install to my USB stick?

I can access the USB stick as sda1 and sda2 via SSH but I want to reformat it to a single 16GB partition (there's no point having sda1 on there as it can't boot from USB anyway). Unfortunately, fdisk isn't installed with OE so I can't use that.

Once I've got it as a single partition, I can copy SYSTEM to it with WinSCP. Do I just need to copy the Storage folder from my NFS server to the USB, so that I have just the System file and the Storage folder in the root? For some reason I have 4GB+ of files in lost+found which I presume I can delete (actually it was one file around 4GB and a load of other small files)?

Do I have to worry about setting any permissions, as obviously the files on the Windows NFS server don't have any linux permissions so they all seem to get set to 0755 when copied to the USB stick with WinSCP, which allows writing by the Owner (and reading and executing by anyone) so if that's sufficient I won't need to change anything.

Then would I just set cmdline.txt to

boot=/dev/sda1 disk=/dev/sda1 ssh quiet ip=dhcp iotimeout=5000 textmode
(2013-03-22, 16:56)doveman2 Wrote: I can access the USB stick as sda1 and sda2 via SSH but I want to reformat it to a single 16GB partition (there's no point having sda1 on there as it can't boot from USB anyway). Unfortunately, fdisk isn't installed with OE so I can't use that.
Boot with Raspbian (requires another SD card).

(2013-03-22, 16:56)doveman2 Wrote: Do I just need to copy the Storage folder from my NFS server to the USB, so that I have just the System file and the Storage folder in the root?
To transfer your NFS data, I would mount the NFS partition, and then just "cp -r /path/to/nfs/storage /path/to/usb/partition"

(2013-03-22, 16:56)doveman2 Wrote: For some reason I have 4GB+ of files in lost+found which I presume I can delete (actually it was one file around 4GB and a load of other small files)?
Yes, delete that.

(2013-03-22, 16:56)doveman2 Wrote: Do I have to worry about setting any permissions, as obviously the files on the Windows NFS server don't have any linux permissions so they all seem to get set to 0755 when copied to the USB stick with WinSCP, which allows writing by the Owner (and reading and executing by anyone) so if that's sufficient I won't need to change anything.

Probably, but sounds like WinSCP will leave them accessible.

(2013-03-22, 16:56)doveman2 Wrote: Then would I just set cmdline.txt to
boot=/dev/sda1 disk=/dev/sda1 ssh quiet ip=dhcp iotimeout=5000 textmode

I wouldn't advise having boot and disk use the same partition - OpenELEC assumes they are two different partitions and will mount the boot partition read-only. To be honest, booting from USB won't give much benefit, as OpenELEC loads SYSTEM into RAM (on 512MB devices) so you might as well leave boot as /dev/mmcblk0p1, not to mention auto-updating a system booted from USB won't work (with the stock OE builds).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-03-22, 17:47)MilhouseVH Wrote: I wouldn't advise having boot and disk use the same partition - OpenELEC assumes they are two different partitions and will mount the boot partition read-only. To be honest, booting from USB won't give much benefit, as OpenELEC loads SYSTEM into RAM (on 512MB devices) so you might as well leave boot as /dev/mmcblk0p1, not to mention auto-updating a system booted from USB won't work (with the stock OE builds).

Thanks for all the advice. Yeah, was getting confused there about boot and disk, clearly not a good idea to have them on the same partition Wink

EDIT: Well I've got it booting but I've got no SSH/WinSCP access, just as with the NFSBoot. I guess I'll try accessing the USB stick in Virtualbox and deleting the ssh keys and see if it creates some new ones and works after that.
(2013-03-18, 13:22)popcornmix Wrote: Probably something to do with the cachemembuffersize changes. Did you follow:
Quote:Please read this:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1388

No more cachemembuffersize in advenced setting. Please delete it and add this:

<alwaysforcebuffer>false</alwaysforcebuffer>
<freememorycachepercent>5</freememorycachepercent>
I just downloaded r13618.img (from thestateofme) and its default advancedsettings.xml (from the repository head) still contains cachemembuffersize - why is that ? Shouldn't advancedsettings.xml be updated and committed in the repository with the appropriate settings in order to make RPi function properly ?

With a vanilla 256 RPi (absolutely no modifications) I'm unable to see ANY streaming videos (TMZ, Jazeera, CBSnews, etc) with the settings noted. When I modified advancedsettings.xml (as noted above) I did get to see some streaming but I encountered loads of freezing, reloads, etc. A couple of log files are available here,

xbmc.log.reload - 83.93 KB - http://kxl3bn.dl4free.com/en/
xbmc.log.reload2 - 18.78 KB - http://x9k25d.dl4free.com/en/
xbmc.log.freeze - 22.17 KB - http://shb80l.dl4free.com/en/

A few questions -

1. Why isn't advancedsettings (and other files) modified so that a repository build akin to that which thestateofme.com offers would in fact work without any fiddling with any of the "default" settings ? As it stands now, the system is not usable.
2. Why are there 2 separate <network> tags in the advancedsettings.xml file ?
3. Why isn't it possible to enable swap ? Rbej's image have them enabled by default, but why not offer this as an option (in advancedsettings ??) with it defaulted to the current OFF ?
4. Are these OMXplayer issues known - beyond freezing, reloads/reboots I've also seen various audio sync problems, stuttering of video, constant buffering, etc (this is all from just watching random videos from CBSnews.com - their 60minutes show)

BTW: the ogg video oddities/hang still exist.

Thanks.
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12