• 118(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
On OpenELEC you don't need sudo, just run the commands without it.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Frodo Branch Updated

- many fixes in Omxplayer (sync up with dvdplayer master changes) version 2

- remove Network Cache Redux (incompatibile with new Omxplayer fixes)

Delete <alwaysforcebuffer>xxxxx</alwaysforcebuffer> and <freememorycachepercent>xxxxx</freememorycachepercent> from advencedsettings and add <cachemembuffersize>xxxxx</cachemembuffersize> in network section.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid135010

(2013-03-24, 16:36)MilhouseVH Wrote: On OpenELEC you don't need sudo, just run the commands without it.

Ah yes, I forgot about that.

Anyway, now I just get

root / # tvservice -d /boot/edid.dat
Nothing written!

I thought perhaps /boot is wrong as there doesn't appear to be such a directory

Code:
root / # df
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
none                    124564       148    124416   0% /dev
/dev/mmcblk0p1          127730    102788     24942  80% /flash
/dev/sda1             15190488    570844  13848012   4% /storage
/dev/loop0               93824     93824         0 100% /
none                    126064         0    126064   0% /dev/shm
/dev/mmcblk0p2          774064    401296    333448  55% /var/media/Storage
root / # ls /boot
ls: /boot: No such file or directory

so I tried a couple of other paths with the same result

root / # tvservice -d /flash/edid.dat
Nothing written!
root / # tvservice -d /edid.dat
Nothing written!
root / #
(2013-03-24, 17:03)doveman2 Wrote: root / # tvservice -d /flash/edid.dat
Nothing written!

Try:
mount -o remount,rw /flash/
tvservice -d /flash/edid.dat

and edit /flash/config.txt
Hello rbej,

i testet your 2013-03-24 09:52:32 built and it gives me mount error, i looked in FAT Partion and see this: SYSTEM└.╝└ as an file.
The md5 checks bevor updating show me no errors.
I tryed to copy an old fat partion over it, but no luck whit this.

Will test your build later again Tongue
Nice, i have a backup !!
(2013-03-24, 17:11)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 17:03)doveman2 Wrote: root / # tvservice -d /flash/edid.dat
Nothing written!

Try:
mount -o remount,rw /flash/
tvservice -d /flash/edid.dat

and edit /flash/config.txt

Thanks, that did the trick. Nice to know a way to edit config.txt without having to take the SD out and plug it into my PC as well Wink

(2013-03-24, 16:37)rbej Wrote: Frodo Branch Updated

- many fixes in Omxplayer (sync up with dvdplayer master changes) version 2

- remove Network Cache Redux (incompatibile with new Omxplayer fixes)

Delete <alwaysforcebuffer>xxxxx</alwaysforcebuffer> and <freememorycachepercent>xxxxx</freememorycachepercent> from advencedsettings and add <cachemembuffersize>xxxxx</cachemembuffersize>

Thanks for the update, been a while since I used <cachemembuffersize>xxxxx</cachemembuffersize> . What's the recommendation for a 512MB Pi and does it need to go in the <network> section?

I presume there's no real harm in leaving the other two settings if they don't now do anything and perhaps they might be re-activated again in future and <cachemembuffersize deactivated, which will save having to re-edit it again?

Is there any way to hide certain folders from the Videos/Music file view. I hate having Storage, System and my USB stick which XBMC uses showing there, partly because there's no point in them and it's just confusing to the user as they're not media sources and partly because I worry the user might mess something up by accessing them?

I've got hidden files and folders set to don't show and allow file renaming/deletion disabled, so perhaps the chance of the user doing any harm is minimised but nonetheless it would be much better if they just weren't shown.
(2013-03-24, 17:13)Trickname Wrote: Hello rbej,

i testet your 2013-03-24 09:52:32 built and it gives me mount error, i looked in FAT Partion and see this: SYSTEM└.╝└ as an file.
The md5 checks bevor updating show me no errors.
I tryed to copy an old fat partion over it, but no luck whit this.

Will test your build later again Tongue
Nice, i have a backup !!

You updated stock OpenElec build to my version??. Right??. This is kernel bug in stock OpenElec build. Fixed in r13631. If you have stock OE build older than r13631 you have update error. My custom build is free from this issues.

For Rpi 512MB <cachemembuffersize>5242880</cachemembuffersize>

@milhouseVH: the above naming and error of SYSTEM file is what I'm referring to at git.

@trickhouse: as said avoid official builds between r13577 and r13631. You can do a quick revert to rbej by formatting the partition (save your configs) copy SYSTEM and KERNEL from rbej's build to the sdcard then rename KERNEL to kernel.img, then copy the files from the 3rdparty folder. Now you should able to boot rbej's build. And update further without errors.
(2013-03-24, 18:16)tuxen Wrote: @milhouseVH: the above naming and error of SYSTEM file is what I'm referring to at git.

Thought it might be, I'd recognise those C64 characters anywhere... Wink

(2013-03-24, 17:52)doveman2 Wrote: Is there any way to hide certain folders from the Videos/Music file view. I hate having Storage, System and my USB stick which XBMC uses showing there, partly because there's no point in them and it's just confusing to the user as they're not media sources and partly because I worry the user might mess something up by accessing them?

I've got hidden files and folders set to don't show and allow file renaming/deletion disabled, so perhaps the chance of the user doing any harm is minimised but nonetheless it would be much better if they just weren't shown.

Try adding the following to your advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<video>
  <excludefromlisting>
   <regexp>[!-._ \\/](?-i)(flash|storage)[-._ \\/]</regexp> <!-- Hide the System and Storage folders on openelec -->
  </excludefromlisting>
</video>

More detail in the wiki.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-03-24, 18:18)MilhouseVH Wrote: Try adding the following to your advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<video>
  <excludefromlisting>
   <regexp>[!-._ \\/](?-i)(flash|storage)[-._ \\/]</regexp> <!-- Hide the System and Storage folders on openelec -->
  </excludefromlisting>
</video>

More detail in the wiki.

Thanks, that's brilliant that there's a way to do this. Your suggestion has removed System and my USB stick (labelled USB_16GB) but Storage is still showing. This is the Storage on the SD card which I'm not using and probably the best thing to do is to prevent it mounting if possible, which will obviously prevent it showing in the filelist. I guess I could put a umount command in autostart.sh but I'm not sure that's the best way to do it.

Currently it's mounted as:

/dev/mmcblk0p2 774064 401276 333468 55% /var/media/Storage
(2013-03-24, 19:36)doveman2 Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 18:18)MilhouseVH Wrote: Try adding the following to your advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<video>
  <excludefromlisting>
  </excludefromlisting>
</video>

More detail in the wiki.

Thanks, that's brilliant that there's a way to do this. Your suggestion has removed System and my USB stick (labelled USB_16GB) but Storage is still showing. This is the Storage on the SD card which I'm not using and probably the best thing to do is to prevent it mounting if possible, which will obviously prevent it showing in the filelist. I guess I could put a umount command in autostart.sh but I'm not sure that's the best way to do it.

Currently it's mounted as:

/dev/mmcblk0p2 774064 401276 333468 55% /var/media/Storage

I believe it's case sensitive, so try (flash|Storage) and if that doesn't work then try (flash|var/media/Storage)
Frodo Branch Updated

- new PVR fixes for Omxplayer

Delete <alwaysforcebuffer>xxxxx</alwaysforcebuffer> and <freememorycachepercent>xxxxx</freememorycachepercent> from advencedsettings and add <cachemembuffersize>xxxxx</cachemembuffersize> in network section.

(2013-03-24, 20:24)MilhouseVH Wrote: I believe it's case sensitive, so try (flash|Storage) and if that doesn't work then try (flash|var/media/Storage)

Thanks. That works well although I need to keep storage as well to hide my USB (even though it shows the label in the files view as USB_16GB, selecting it then shows it as storage).
(2013-03-24, 20:47)rbej Wrote: Frodo Branch Updated

- new PVR fixes for Omxplayer

RBEJ I have no linux only windows 7 have do I start to try your build? Also can it be installed on USB and how? I guess you need the SD card for booting still like RASPBMC?
Hey chrlau 5 follow all the steps on this link http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...g_OpenELEC.
then follow these steps
How to install to USB:
If you like to run the image from a USB stick or have a improperly sized SD card this is very easy:

Instead of writing the image to a sdcard with win32imager simply write it to a USB stick.
Format a SDcard with minimum 128MB as fat label it SYSTEM.
Plug the USB stick and the SDcard into the computer.
Now copy all the 10 files from the USB stick and onto the SDcard:
Code:

bootcode.bin, cmdline.txt, config.txt,
fixup.dat, kernel.img, LICENCE.broadcom,
openelec.ico, README.md, start.elf, SYSTEM

After that pull the USB stick out from the computer to avoid editing the wrong files just set it a side.

On the sdcard open the file cmdline.txt in notepad and change the following line:
Code:

boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ssh quiet

Into:
Code:

boot=/dev/mmcblk0 disk=/dev/sda2 ssh quiet

And save the file.

Now plug the USB stick and the SDcard into your raspberry pi. Power it up and enjoy!
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12