• 28(current)
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
(2013-03-25, 22:33)smurff33 Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 22:17)mjeyre Wrote: [quote='smurff33' pid='1377523' dateline='1364237147']
I, i have managed to install the skygo plugin but can only use sky one, when i press enter on my remote there is only the option to use sky one, any help welcome, great plugin :>

Hi , and thanks, if you go back to the beginning there are instructions on how to make it work within xbmc, or if you want to use it standalone then its keyboard only. Pressing the number 5 key brings up the menu.

best wishes

Xbmcmike

XBMC Skygo Creator

Credit To: PLeng Coding and Syborg EPG Intergration

Got it working thanks, uninstalled everythin and started again, its the best plug in be far in my opinion, the only prob is when I close sky go within xbmc it goes back to my desktop and not xbmc? Still working on it Smile

using the exe standalone will take you back to desktop if you try n quit with alt+f4 we have no solution yet. Hopefully in the future. If you use it through xbmc then provided you have the other 3rd party apps ijhnstalled to keep xbmc as the front program(xbmclauncher) i think then assigning the quit command to your remote should take you back to xbmc.

Mike
(2013-03-25, 22:38)mjeyre Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 22:33)smurff33 Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 22:17)mjeyre Wrote: [quote='smurff33' pid='1377523' dateline='1364237147']
I, i have managed to install the skygo plugin but can only use sky one, when i press enter on my remote there is only the option to use sky one, any help welcome, great plugin :>

Hi , and thanks, if you go back to the beginning there are instructions on how to make it work within xbmc, or if you want to use it standalone then its keyboard only. Pressing the number 5 key brings up the menu.

best wishes

Xbmcmike

XBMC Skygo Creator

Got it working thanks, uninstalled everythin and started again, its the best plug in be far in my opinion, the only prob is when I close sky go within xbmc it goes back to my desktop and not xbmc? Still working on it Smile

using the exe standalone will take you back to desktop if you try n quit with alt+f4 we have no solution yet. Hopefully in the future. If you use it through xbmc then provided you have the other 3rd party apps ijhnstalled to keep xbmc as the front program(xbmclauncher) i think then assigning the quit command to your remote should take you back to xbmc.

Mike

Thanks for ur replys, sorry about the double posting i was on my tab now on the laptop ha ha, when i install xbmclauncher then launch the skygo app within xbmc it opens skygo then goes back to xbmc, my mouse goes all funny and i have to ctrl/alt/delete to close the app, so i unistalled xbmclauncher and skygo works well apart from the closing prob mentioned above, il do sum tinkering, thanks again :>
(2013-03-25, 22:52)smurff33 Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 22:38)mjeyre Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 22:33)smurff33 Wrote: Hi , and thanks, if you go back to the beginning there are instructions on how to make it work within xbmc, or if you want to use it standalone then its keyboard only. Pressing the number 5 key brings up the menu.

best wishes

Xbmcmike

XBMC Skygo Creator

Mike

Thanks for ur replys, sorry about the double posting i was on my tab now on the laptop ha ha, when i install xbmclauncher then launch the skygo app within xbmc it opens skygo then goes back to xbmc, my mouse goes all funny and i have to ctrl/alt/delete to close the app, so i unistalled xbmclauncher and skygo works well apart from the closing prob mentioned above, il do sum tinkering, thanks again :>

Your mouse goes funny as it is disabled by the skygo.exe. Nothing to do with xbmclauncher. If you want to use your mouse you need to enable for use with the skygo.exe. Go into the skygo.cfg file and change the mouse setting this will allow mouse control. Then reinstall Xbmclauncher to fix your exiting problem.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
for what ever reason this morning, i get script failed: addon py error when trying to launch the plugin, was working fine last night, any ideas please?
(2013-03-26, 10:26)smurff33 Wrote: for what ever reason this morning, i get script failed: addon py error when trying to launch the plugin, was working fine last night, any ideas please?

There is no addon.py for the skygo.exe - are you talking about the advanced launcher or tvguide addons I made guides for?
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2013-03-26, 10:29)syborg Wrote:
(2013-03-26, 10:26)smurff33 Wrote: for what ever reason this morning, i get script failed: addon py error when trying to launch the plugin, was working fine last night, any ideas please?

There is no addon.py for the skygo.exe - are you talking about the advanced launcher or tvguide addons I made guides for?

excerpt from page 1 of plugin post.

NEW INSTALLATION GUIDE BELOW!.

the exe file MUST be placed in your root c: directory or the py error will occur
the cfg files and skygocache bat file must be placed in the same place as the exe..

this may be why the py error is occuring?

Mike
thanks for your quick reply, when i go to launch the skygo plugin through advanced launcher i get error script failed! addon py: so yes my mistake its through advanced launcher?

for what ever reason the skygo exe i created within advanced launcher is no longer there when i open up advanced launcher, i have had to create it again, the reason the above had error as the shortcut i had created in favourites cant be found, recreated it works again..

what seems to be happening is when i first setup the skygo exe within advanced launcher it works first time, when i close it and go back into advanced launcher its gone again, its seems running it for the first time some how deletes it from advanced launcher, strange
(2013-03-26, 10:38)smurff33 Wrote: thanks for your quick reply, when i go to launch the skygo plugin through advanced launcher i get error script failed! addon py: so yes my mistake its through advanced launcher?

for what ever reason the skygo exe i created within advanced launcher is no longer there when i open up advanced launcher, i have had to create it again, the reason the above had error as the shortcut i had created in favourites cant be found, recreated it works again..

what seems to be happening is when i first setup the skygo exe within advanced launcher it works first time, when i close it and go back into advanced launcher its gone again, its seems running it for the first time some how deletes it from advanced launcher, strange

That is strange. What version of advanced launcher do you have?

What settings are you using within advanced launcher to create the launcher?
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
i have the advanced launcher repo so presume it should be the latest version, my question is when i am setting up the exe within advanced launcher what platform should i choose, i have chosen IBM PC COMPATIBLE i think its called, i leave the argument bit as default, as i cant see any others relevant to my windows 7 pc?
(2013-03-26, 11:03)smurff33 Wrote: i have the advanced launcher repo so presume it should be the latest version, my question is when i am setting up the exe within advanced launcher what platform should i choose, i have chosen IBM PC COMPATIBLE i think its called, i leave the argument bit as default, as i cant see any others relevant to my windows 7 pc?

The version should be 1.13.1. If you have the angelcry repo that should be right.
The IBM PC compatible is correct. Although the default argument is something like %rom% - delete this leave it blank.
Alternatively use my advanced launcher file from my guide and add that into your advanced launcher addon.data folder you will get a full channel listing. A link to full instructions is in my signature. Also you will able to then favourite any channel you want (or if you follow the rest of the guide add to the tvguide addon for a EPG)
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
reet looks like i have sorted that problem by short cutting to advanced launcher then goto skygo rather than short cutting to the skygo exe :>

Next prob, xbmclauncher? i load the skygo exe through advanced launcher it goes to load but after 10 secs it goes back to xbmc home screen, this is because xbmclauncher is to focus on xbmc after 10 secs, iv changed to 20 secs thinking maybe the skygo plugin needs to be fully loaded in order to stay on but same thing happens after 20 secs and so on, what settings in xbmclauncher do i need in order to open the skygo exe and keep it open and when i close it, it goes to xbmc homescreen and not desktop?
Have you deleted the default argument of %rom% from your launcher as this may be passing a false setting on to the skygo.exe?
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2013-03-26, 11:22)syborg Wrote: Have you deleted the default argument of %rom% from your launcher as this may be passing a false setting on to the skygo.exe?

no left that as i dont understand what that means, i will delete it now and see what happens, thanks.

EdiT; deleted the rom argument and all seems fine again, still got the xbmclauncher problem as stated above but im lookin into that, can cope for now, thanks for all ur help syborg :>
(2013-03-26, 11:24)smurff33 Wrote:
(2013-03-26, 11:22)syborg Wrote: Have you deleted the default argument of %rom% from your launcher as this may be passing a false setting on to the skygo.exe?

no left that as i dont understand what that means, i will delete it now and see what happens, thanks.

EdiT; deleted the rom argument and all seems fine again, still got the xbmclauncher problem as stated above but im lookin into that, can cope for now, thanks for all ur help syborg :>

I didn't even know there were settings you could change on xbmclauncher. Lol. I just installed it and didn't do anything else. It could be a mouse thing - if you have xbmclauncher installed then use the mouse it could be trying to take you back to xbmc. Just something else to to test out.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2013-03-26, 11:44)syborg Wrote:
(2013-03-26, 11:24)smurff33 Wrote:

I didn't even know there were settings you could change on xbmclauncher. Lol. I just installed it and didn't do anything else. It could be a mouse thing - if you have xbmclauncher installed then use the mouse it could be trying to take you back to xbmc. Just something else to to test out.

try changing the cfg file mouse argument to =false

xbmcmike
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC4