• 7(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2013-03-24, 22:07)sphere Wrote: Hi ronie,

any chance you can integrate other image plugins as image sources for this add-on?

regards,
sphere

yeah, sure... why not :-)

if other addons can provide a list of image url's, i guess it could work.
just let me know what you need and i'll try to add it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-03-24, 22:30)ronie Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 22:07)sphere Wrote: any chance you can integrate other image plugins as image sources for this add-on?

yeah, sure... why not :-)

if other addons can provide a list of image url's, i guess it could work.
just let me know what you need and i'll try to add it.

The old binary screensaver add-on did provide the possibility to choose an image add-on (extension:pluginsource, provides:image) in add-on settings as image source (besides folders or movie-fanart). Not sure how you could access other image plugins' returning listitems, maybe using jsonrpc?

For example my Cheezburger Network Image Plugin is a good source for an image slideshow screensaver Wink
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Yeah Smile
It is possible using jsonrpc, here is a jsonrpc example command:
Code:
{
  "jsonrpc": "2.0",
  "method": "Files.GetDirectory",
  "id": 1,
  "params": {
    "directory": "plugin://plugin.image.cheezburger_network/category/1/random/"
  }
}
Do you have this add-on on github? I could have a look to the source and open a PR.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
nope, just old-fashioned subversion: https://code.google.com/p/ronie/source/browse/

patches welcome nonetheless ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The ’90s called, they want their version control back. SCNR Wink

I will have a look and reply here Wink
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Just an FYI. I was having some lockup issues where everything was fine and then my CPU usage would go to 100% and it would crash. I checked the log and figured out that I had renamed a directory and didn't recreate the cache so it was bombing out. I am not sure if there is a way to check and make sure the file exists where the cache file says it does before trying to display it or not, but if it is not there, it will crash. It is user error but that might mess some people up and cause questions.

J_K_M_A_N

*** EDIT ***

I may have spoken too soon. I am doing some more testing but I am getting a crash. I will see what I can figure out or post some logs.

*** EDIT 2 ***

It had to do with some pictures I got from an uncle. Every time it tried to display one of those, it crashed. I opened them all and did a batch save and now they all work fine. Very strange. I have a copy of the ones that crashed if you want to try and see what caused it.
i'll add a check if a picture exists before trying to display it.

if xbmc crashes, please open a ticket on trac
and attach a sample picture + Debug Log there.

you can cc me on the ticket.
ronie,

xbmc menu freezing:

xbmc is frozen after the slideshow has been on-screen and ive come back to use xbmc.

clue1: this only happens if im on the home screen menu when the screensaver kicks in. xbmc seems frozen ie nothing n my remote will do anything.

clue2: i have a keyboard button mapped to take me to the homescreen, if i press this button thenxbmc comes to life again and works normally. i pressed this during the debug log by the way.

clue3: this problem does not exist when i use confluence, so only in quartz.

(windows xp, frodo12, quartz skin)

is this a known problem or should i post a debug log?

edit: here's the debug log anyway: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7608
also,

it would be great to use an images folder within my local dropbox folder (and be able to add images once the screensaver has kicked in):

is there any way of making this screensaver slideshow check for new images during a slideshow?

reason i ask is because i want to set up my dads xbmc screensaver to use his local dropbox folder. that way i can send any photo up to dropbox at anytime, and it will sync with his computers local dropbox folder and therefore the new photo will be included in his screensaver!

only problem is the last step. the screensaver doesnt check for new images whilst is running, it seems to only check for new images after its been stopped and started again.

i think being able to add photo's to yours or your relatives xbmc screensaver would be a really popular feature. i could be at the zoo and snap a great picture of my kids and it would appear on their grandparents tv screen. perhaps the simplest way would be to add a tick box in the settings that makes the screensaver restart itself every 5 minutes or so?
My XBMC station has a mapped drive "I:\". When I use I: as the path for the screensaver plugin. the plugin randomly shows my TV/movie posters.
When I use i:\subfolder as a folder for the plugin. The plugin works as expected.

Can anyone confirm this odd behavior?
don't know why your i drive isnt working but i did read that if the addon cant find the specified location it defaults to fanart, so that explains that bit.
(2013-03-05, 03:00)ronie Wrote:
(2013-03-05, 02:56)Robotica Wrote: yup, sound like xbmc is caching your images (at a low rez) the first time.
then on subsequent runs of the screensaver, it uses the cached ones.

i'm not sure if there's a way to disable it, but it's not something the screensaver can do.

and what should this 'show original option' do?
the slideshow addon already tells xbmc to show the originals. ;-)

it simply lists the images in the picture folder you've selected
and passes them to xbmc.

what happens next it out of the screensavers hands.

Hello,

I use the Slideshow screensaver on Openelec 3.0 on a raspberry pi and I have the same "problem".

When the slideshow start the first time, the quality is the original, but the next times, the photos are probably chached by XBMC and the quality is poor.

Is this a setting of the raspberry pi build of openelec or someting ?

I try to put that in the advancedsettings.xml before setting up the slideshow but nothing change :

Code:
<advancedsettings>
        <fanartres>720</fanartres>
        <imageres>720</imageres>
        <thumbres>720</thumbres>
<advancedsettings>

Is their a possibility to improve the quality of the cached images or don't cache them at all (it's works great when the slideshow start the first time)

Thank you in advance for your help

Fred
i'm sure i read somewhere that the only folder xbmc doesn't cache is the skin folders in the addons folder.

so this mean there may be a workaround.

move your pictures folder inside your skin folder, the tell the screensaver addon the new location.

i haven't tried it, might be worth a try. make sure you have these photo's/images saved elsewhere in a seperate location as a backup just in case something strange happens when the skin auto-updates - in theory the pictures could be wiped.

just putting the idea out there, perhaps someone who knows more that me can kindly correct me or expand/improve on the suggestion.
(2013-04-01, 16:46)thebearnecessit Wrote: i'm sure i read somewhere that the only folder xbmc doesn't cache is the skin folders in the addons folder.

so this mean there may be a workaround.

move your pictures folder inside your skin folder, the tell the screensaver addon the new location.

i haven't tried it, might be worth a try. make sure you have these photo's/images saved elsewhere in a seperate location as a backup just in case something strange happens when the skin auto-updates - in theory the pictures could be wiped.

just putting the idea out there, perhaps someone who knows more that me can kindly correct me or expand/improve on the suggestion.

Yeah this works. I use it for multiple things, such as Screensaver and Artwork Organizer. You can also use symbolic links or junctions to do this. I've posted an example in this thread somewhere.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Yes thank you, it's works !

Edit : I spoke to fast, after a reboot the same problem.

I put the photos in this directory : /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.quartz/photoframe/

Is it good ?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4