• 6(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
Quote:Well, XBMC would have to know the source format, then a filter could simply slice the movie plane and switch positions
You are right, however it can't be done automatically, in any case end user will have to apply this filter (if required). And probably, eye swap for gui is much easier to implement.
Any chance for a 12.1 build of the 3d branch? Smile
why - nightlies contain all the fixes that are also in 12.1 + some extra goodies Wink

@Turambar - please note that elupus spent some love on the 3D stuff about a month ago. Haven't checked what exactly he changed, but it's newer then piehs branch.
So where can I get the latest patch?
I've compiled this: https://github.com/andresi/xbmc and I have 12.1 version number.
(2013-03-31, 14:55)da-anda Wrote: why - nightlies contain all the fixes that are also in 12.1 + some extra goodies Wink
Does that mean 3d support is already built into the nightlies?
no it's not, but usually development branches are kept in sync with master or at least sync with master from time to time - so they are not developed with a release branch as basis. And this means, compiled versions of development branches are not 12.x + feature but 13.alpha + feature (so sort of nightlies, depending on how often the developer syncs with master)
This patch is fantastic!

I've made a build based on DSPlayer branch which you can find here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1385100

I have one question: Is it possible to disable 3D function as soon as the player stops? My TV switches automatically back to normal view when I stop watching a 3D Movie and it would be great if the gui is also in non 3D mode at that moment.
Quote:My TV switches automatically back to normal view when I stop watching a 3D Movie
But my tv doesn't. I think this should be configurable.
(2013-04-02, 15:11)giaur Wrote:
Quote:My TV switches automatically back to normal view when I stop watching a 3D Movie
But my tv doesn't. I think this should be configurable.

This would be the best way.
the TV doesn't detect if it's playing 3D or not, what happens that the 3D view disables on the TV is that on playback stop your resolution/refresh rate changes back to it's default and that triggers the TV to switch to normal (noticed this just yesterday).
(2013-04-02, 14:39)Slurm Wrote: I have one question: Is it possible to disable 3D function as soon as the player stops? My TV switches automatically back to normal view when I stop watching a 3D Movie and it would be great if the gui is also in non 3D mode at that moment.

You can use my addon for that: https://github.com/jaaps/script.custom.3dmodexbmc

With that addon the right 3D mode in XBMC gets turned on based on path and filename. After playback stopped it turns off the 3D mode again.
Note: only works with my 3d branch or the one from andresi
Enjoying Kodi on an ASUS Chromebox running openELEC. Also using a Fire TV Stick in the bedroom. Content is stored on a HP Proliant Microserver running unRAID
(2013-04-02, 19:37)jaaps Wrote:
(2013-04-02, 14:39)Slurm Wrote: I have one question: Is it possible to disable 3D function as soon as the player stops? My TV switches automatically back to normal view when I stop watching a 3D Movie and it would be great if the gui is also in non 3D mode at that moment.

You can use my addon for that: https://github.com/jaaps/script.custom.3dmodexbmc

With that addon the right 3D mode in XBMC gets turned on based on path and filename. After playback stopped it turns off the 3D mode again.
Note: only works with my 3d branch or the one from andresi

Thanks!
(2013-04-02, 17:49)da-anda Wrote: the TV doesn't detect if it's playing 3D or not, what happens that the 3D view disables on the TV is that on playback stop your resolution/refresh rate changes back to it's default and that triggers the TV to switch to normal (noticed this just yesterday).

Yep, same for my LG TV. Only problem is that I can't use adjust refresh rate because somehow the overscan isn't working with 3d so I have a border around the movie.

The add on is great exactly what I was looking for.

Is there a windows version of the 3d patch?
@border with 3D - it's not the border you get when you change the view depth in the TV? Because changing the depth from "default"/50% will create a black bar left and right.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11