• 7(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2013-04-02, 20:55)da-anda Wrote: @border with 3D - it's not the border you get when you change the view depth in the TV? Because changing the depth from "default"/50% will create a black bar left and right.

Yea pretty sure. I can fix the overscan but then it cuts of the edges when watching non 3d movies.

When watching everything at 60hz everything is fine.

It's not just a border the TV tries do layer the image for 3d (over under) and f* the 3d effect.
This speak of borders reminded me of something I've been meaning to ask:

The HDMI 1.4 spec states that there should be a 45 pixel gap between the frame packed subframes, meaning that a single frame of full HD 3D in over/under mode will be 1920x2205 pixels. (1080 + 45 + 1080 = 2205).

Does the current implementation in these 3D branches take this gap into account?
Hello,

I have one question - is https://github.com/andresi/xbmc maintained and I can find latest 3d release there? You are talking about some "patch", do you mean this repository? This is not patch actually, this is 3d xbmc fork. Are you going to add new functionalities there? It's good idea to create sticky thread and post all information (how to access 3d branch) there.
Since my last question was misunderstood I'm asking again: Any chance of a 12.1 build of this 3d-branch for Windows?
(2013-04-03, 16:42)Cassiel Wrote: Since my last question was misunderstood I'm asking again: Any chance of a 12.1 build of this 3d-branch for Windows?

I've made a custom build based on DSPlayer, see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1385100
(2013-04-02, 23:22)sialivi Wrote: This speak of borders reminded me of something I've been meaning to ask:

The HDMI 1.4 spec states that there should be a 45 pixel gap between the frame packed subframes, meaning that a single frame of full HD 3D in over/under mode will be 1920x2205 pixels. (1080 + 45 + 1080 = 2205).
We currently don't support 3D blurays (if that was the question) at all because their format is not yet supported in ffmpeg (AFAIK the video stream of the second eye only contains the differences to the other eye and no full picture).
(2013-04-03, 10:39)giaur Wrote: I have one question - is https://github.com/andresi/xbmc maintained and I can find latest 3d release there? You are talking about some "patch", do you mean this repository? This is not patch actually, this is 3d xbmc fork. Are you going to add new functionalities there? It's good idea to create sticky thread and post all information (how to access 3d branch) there.

well, it's nothing "official" if you mean that with maintained. "Official" (in terms of worked on by team xbmc) current 3D branch is form elupus, who started working on it again lately: https://github.com/elupus/xbmc/commits/3d
Please note that it does not yet contain any of the patches/enhancements done by forum users (except for the dirty region issue for the second GUI renderpath, but this has been solved differently)
(2013-04-03, 21:40)da-anda Wrote:
(2013-04-02, 23:22)sialivi Wrote: This speak of borders reminded me of something I've been meaning to ask:

We currently don't support 3D blurays (if that was the question) at all because their format is not yet supported in ffmpeg (AFAIK the video stream of the second eye only contains the differences to the other eye and no full picture).

No, that wasn't the question. The question was, does XBMC add the 45 pixel gap between the left and right frames like the HDMI spec specifies? Cause I remember pieh's early screenshots in the other thread did not seem to have said gap.
sorry, no idea. I'm not sure we even support full HD 3D (tab, sbs) at all atm. Will poke elupus once he's on IRC again.

edit: asked pieh and he said we don't support/output FullHD TAB/SBS, thus only half SBS/TAB.
(2013-04-03, 21:43)da-anda Wrote: well, it's nothing "official" if you mean that with maintained. "Official" (in terms of worked on by team xbmc) current 3D branch is form elupus, who started working on it again lately: https://github.com/elupus/xbmc/commits/3d

I have only tested @Turambar's branch and it works great.

(2013-04-03, 21:43)da-anda Wrote: Please note that it does not yet contain any of the patches/enhancements done by forum users (except for the dirty region issue for the second GUI renderpath, but this has been solved differently)

It's confusing, forums users made more good work than official xbmc team, I think you should work together and create only one branch, instead of solving the same issues differently...
I think you didn't understand da-anda correctly. Most of this work is in fact done by the official XBMC team members elupus and Pieh.
(2013-04-04, 21:19)leechguy Wrote: I think you didn't understand da-anda correctly. Most of this work is in fact done by the official XBMC team members elupus and Pieh.
exactly. Elupus is the the main guy behind all the 3D features. After elupus stopped working on it, pieh picked up his work and tried to improve it with his GUI knowledge. Forum users only picked up piehs branch (which is based on elupuses) and added a few small patches (like dedicated keymap actions for a certain 3D mode), but that's about it. Only Turambar started to add more features like the z-index thingy, which is not yet ready.
In the mean time elupus finally got a 3D TV and is now working on his branch again, incorporating some of piehs changes.
(2013-04-03, 19:01)Slurm Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 16:42)Cassiel Wrote: Since my last question was misunderstood I'm asking again: Any chance of a 12.1 build of this 3d-branch for Windows?

I've made a custom build based on DSPlayer, see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1385100

Thanks but I don't want to use the DSPlayer-branch since I've read through the Wiki and it's very hard to configure with custom codec UUIDs, etc. I just want the 3D-branch build with 12.1 fixes on Windows. But maybe I'll give the DSPlayer-branch a try anyway…
(2013-04-05, 15:51)Cassiel Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 19:01)Slurm Wrote:

Thanks but I don't want to use the DSPlayer-branch since I've read through the Wiki and it's very hard to configure with custom codec UUIDs, etc. I just want the 3D-branch build with 12.1 fixes on Windows. But maybe I'll give the DSPlayer-branch a try anyway…

If you don't change the player in advancedsettings.xml, then DSPlayer version behaves exactly like the original xbmc version.
(2013-04-06, 14:47)Slurm Wrote:
(2013-04-05, 15:51)Cassiel Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 19:01)Slurm Wrote: I've made a custom build based on DSPlayer, see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1385100

If you don't change the player in advancedsettings.xml, then DSPlayer version behaves exactly like the original xbmc version.
Wow didn't knew that! Thanks a lot Smile

Edit: Your build doesn't seem to work. Screen/elements flickers in menus and even if DSplayer ist deactivated no video playback. Sad

Edit 2: Changed my advancedsettings.xml regarding dirty regions and now it works fine Smile
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11