• 8(current)
[BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod)
niamu, the skin is getting better and better that I think I'm going to get use to the limited view options. Anyway, I see that you've skinned the subtitles section, the thing is, that now I can't access subtitles addon settings nor change subtitles service provider within this new 'subtitles screen'. Sometimes if you don't find a subtitle with certain provider, you need to change it within this subtitle screen, and it is possible with every other skin in XBMC. I hope you can fix this.
(2013-04-17, 18:02)baruchin Wrote: niamu, the skin is getting better and better that I think I'm going to get use to the limited view options. Anyway, I see that you've skinned the subtitles section, the thing is, that now I can't access subtitles addon settings nor change subtitles service provider within this new 'subtitles screen'. Sometimes if you don't find a subtitle with certain provider, you need to change it within this subtitle screen, and it is possible with every other skin in XBMC. I hope you can fix this.

Updated the subtitles OSD now with the missing buttons.
(2013-04-17, 19:45)niamu Wrote:
(2013-04-17, 18:02)baruchin Wrote: niamu, the skin is getting better and better that I think I'm going to get use to the limited view options. Anyway, I see that you've skinned the subtitles section, the thing is, that now I can't access subtitles addon settings nor change subtitles service provider within this new 'subtitles screen'. Sometimes if you don't find a subtitle with certain provider, you need to change it within this subtitle screen, and it is possible with every other skin in XBMC. I hope you can fix this.

Updated the subtitles OSD now with the missing buttons.

Thank you niamu. Today I deleted the github version and started using the skin dev repo, will this change be available in a repo update anytime soon, or do you suggest to use instead the git version?
Looks like I'm in the development repo now: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo-ski...skin.nbox/

Hopefully we'll get through the last bit of testing fairly quickly and I submit to be official in about a week. Crunch time. Smile

(2013-04-17, 20:26)baruchin Wrote: Thank you niamu. Today I deleted the github version and started using the skin dev repo, will this change be available in a repo update anytime soon, or do you suggest to use instead the git version?

I haven't decided how frequently I'll be updating the development repo. Maybe every couple days. I don't want to spam the XBMC team with too many updates. Better to send them in groups I think.

The git repo will always be the place to get the most recent updates the fastest, however the dev repo will be updated slowly but surely with every change.
Great to see the progress. Any chance you could incorporate this commit: https://github.com/ElbertvanPutten/skin....56d811e735

For tv recommendations it makes more sense to show the tv-poster instead of the episode-thumb. Furthermore there will never be more than one episodes of one show in the recommended-list so you don't run into issues where all tiles look the same (which could be the case for random and recent).
(2013-04-17, 20:46)Elbert Wrote: Great to see the progress. Any chance you could incorporate this commit: https://github.com/ElbertvanPutten/skin....56d811e735

I disagree that the TV poster should be shown since it is not recommending a TV show, it is recommending and linking specifically to an episode, therefore I opted to show the episode thumbnail. It's consistent and shows the information that is most relevant.

Maybe if a few others tell me I'm wrong I'll change it, but this makes the most sense to me.
I have information showing on top of the poster when calling the information while playing an episode.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-04-17, 22:22)Martijn Wrote: I have information showing on top of the poster when calling the information while playing an episode.

Not sure what you mean. Screenshot?
Wow - this skin is incredibly beautiful! It''s my new default!

Are there any plans to add some more customization? I rarely use the library mode, and prefer to manage my media using folders. It would be great if there was an option to map the file list view to a more prominent position (i.e. in place of the library tile).

Any way thank you and keep up the great work!
niamu, thanks for the quick fix. Unfortunately I found another bug or two:
  • on the album info view I don't see any tracks in the list when I switch from "review" to "tracks"
  • when I open the info window of a song (f.e. via "albums -> any album -> song") I see some strange up/down controls on the left side that actually do nothing (at least for me). Also not sure what "OK" and "Cancel" are for in here - not needed IMO
  • when enabling the music party mode via the left panel in music library, the left panel of the upcoming playlist view still has a toggle to change the view. I think this is a leftover
  • can you make the plot/epg in the movie fullscreen OSD scroll left instead of up? It's hard to read such long lines when scroll vertical instead of horizontal

Some personal requests for future nbox versions, feel free to ignore Smile:
  • I find it pretty hard to browse items in the list view, because the appended string (like the year in movie list and "by artistname" in song lists) has no visual distinction until hovered. As this is only "second level" information I'd probably dim it, align it right or at least add a clearly visible visual separator
  • I find it a bit hard to see which item in list views or which menu item in info windows is currently focused. The black background color over the darkened window backgrounds is sometimes to hard to identify. Why not make the background color of focused/highlighted items green like in the home menu?
  • I personally tend to focus the scroll bars via remote and then use up/down to flip pages (got used to it with limited button remote in Confluence). Might be a nice addition, especially when XBMC is controlled via a remote with only a view buttons or via CEC
  • as already mentioned earlier in this thread, I think it would be nice to make the "second level" infos context sensitive - so depend on the sorting criteria used. F.e. in movie list the rating should be shown instead of the year if sorted by rating.
(2013-04-17, 22:19)niamu Wrote: I disagree that the TV poster should be shown since it is not recommending a TV show, it is recommending and linking specifically to an episode, therefore I opted to show the episode thumbnail. It's consistent and shows the information that is most relevant.

Maybe if a few others tell me I'm wrong I'll change it, but this makes the most sense to me.

The way I usually use 'recommended' is to start the next episode of a running show. E.g. I'm following Breaking Bad and want to start the next episode in line. Then it helps if I see a poster of Breaking Bad instead of episode thumbs from which I cannot immediately see to which show it belongs. It might just be my viewing habits Smile
Hi again,
I have issue with some polish tv shows which are not in tvdb.

they do not show cover art or anything
I'm attaching a screenshot so you can see
is there a way to have it as a list when there is no cover or something else?

this happens in the "explorer" or "file browser" too

and here is after i watched an episode:
Found another bug. If you have a disc inserted, focus the main menu item and then switch to one of the right panels (play disc, eject) ALL of the green main menu arrows are shown (the one that indicates the menu item as current one)
Ok. I've been playing for a while with nbox as my default skin. The overall clean, minimal and beautiful design is greater than the impossibility of having more media views. You get used to, so no problems there. I know that this has been talked and kindly explained by yourself a lot, and even you decided to include a 'light mode' that replaces the default view to a list view that I think is very welcomed and a good option for some users. Anyway, I'm going to take a last chance to explain why we need the option to choose wich view is suitable for certain situations, and not just an overall switch for everything.

While browsing movies and tvshows, I find no problem with the default view; yes it would be fantastic to have more; but again, you explained the reason for this to be this way and I totally understand it. The problem comes while using certain video addons, some of them have huge lists to browse, and using the default view is very complicated. Just imaging going from the 1st item to the 50th item that some video addons display in the default poster view. Believe me, it's painfully time consuming and awfully complicated. So here is my suggestion: I'm not asking for more views, I'm just suggesting and asking to give us the possibility to choose wich of the two deafault views suits better for certain browsing situations. I personally don't think that this would break the design uniformity that I know you're trying to extrictly follow.

I really hope you consider (one more time, and l promise this would be the last one) this suggestion to make this fast, simple, minimal and beautiful skin even better.

Cheers,
Barusch
Hi

getting always (tried it a few times) a freeze when

Livetv -> open left side menu -> stepping down 1. tv channels (ok), 2. radio channels *freeze* ... have to kill xbmc from console (using Linux)

Greetz

LCS
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod)4