MySQL Frodo and music library.
AGGHHHH, i'm pulling my hair out here (and i don't have much left).

i'm running windows 7 x64 home ultimate, xbmc frodo 12.0 , mysql 5.6,

the video side of things works perfectly, but as soon as i try to scan my music library, xbmc seems to be stuck in file mode.

if i delete advancedsettings.xml music works perfectly.

this is my advanced settings file.

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.6</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.6</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>

<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

i have the port 3306 open for tcp and udp , inbound and outbound in windows firewall, but i don't think it's related to that in any way as my movies share between my two computers running the same build of xbmc.

i tried dropping mymusic32 in mysql several times but that didn't help.

the scraper says it is scanning music artist info, but it doesn't switch into library mode so i can't access them.
enable logging in mysql and try the scan in xbmc again.. iwhen it's done or if it fails take a look into the log file and see whats happening on the database side.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

hi, thanks for your reply, my mysql knowledge stretches to drop database command.

how do i enable logging and where would i be likely to find the output from the log ?

thanks again for the reply.
Hey sorry for the slow reply..

edit my.ini and add the following to [mysqld]

Code:
[mysqld]
log-bin
log
log-error
log-slow-queries

Just another thought before you do that.. enable debug in xbmc and post the log file to pastebin and then link it here
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

here is the xbmc log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=34813
a completely fresh install of xbmc and a completely fresh install of mysql and it's still damn well coming up with SQL: The table does not exist in the xbmc log file.

after installation of mysql i ran these two commands

CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc';

GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'xbmc';

both copy pasted from here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ab=Windows

this is a typical snippet from xbmc log

where song.idSong='527'
13:24:46 T:2816 ERROR: CMusicDatabase::GetAlbumFromSong failed
13:24:46 T:2816 ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
Query: select albumview.* from song join albumview on song.idAlbum = albumview.idAlbum

movies, tvshows and music videos all work perfectly with no issues, it's just music that won't work.
What is the name of the music database within mysql

What character set is the database using?

i tried using an earlier version (5.5) of mysql and it all works perfectly now.

thank you for your replies.
I've been working through a similar problem with Frodo and MySQL over the past two days.

I've performed a fresh install of Frodo, configured advancedsettings.xml to use a MySQL Server database for my music and video libraries. I'm using Windows 8 and MySQL 5.6.

I noticed that I was getting similar errors: my video library is fine, but I couldn't scan files into my music library. I checked the mymusic32 database and saw that there were no views (albumview, artistview and songview). I managed to create these view definitions manually using some of the Frodo source code on GitHub I was able to create the missing views.

That didn't resolve all of my issues: more investigation led me to discover that many of the indexes on the tables had not been created, along with some triggers and the art table. This meant that some other things, most noticeably album art, weren't working. I spent some time fiddling with the SQL statements to fix some issues with syntax and have now managed to create the necessary objects in my database and my music library is now working.

I'm still a bit of a XBMC noob, but it looks like Frodo isn't compatible with MySQL 5.6 (and I've no idea what's changed in 5.6 and previous versions).

I'm happy to put together a script of the database objects as I've created them, but a downgrade to MySQL 5.5 is probably a whole lot easier :-)
You are a lifesaver!!!

I spent hours trying to fix my music library (using XBMC12) but the library view was greyed out all the time.
This happened after I moved all to a centralised db on mysql on my server.
I noticed no views (album-, artist-, somgview) were created in mysql 5.6.

When I removed mysql 5.6 and installed mysql 5.5 it worked again!
Views are now created and library mode is now working.

Thanks!
You guys should really create a ticket for this...
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14117
Im also having this issue but in a clean install of 5.5??

what were the tables you created manually exactly?
This issue was reported a long time ago, and has nothing to do with the version of the MySQL server.
The problem is related to the collation defined for the MySQL server.
For more details on the cause of the issue, please check this old post.
the schema's are already set to Latin1 though

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Frodo and music library.0