Tvheadend 3.4
We're pleased to announce that Tvheadend v3.4 has now been officially released.

For details on where to get the latest packages (or source) please visit the download page. You can also find more information about some of the changes here.

We'd like to thank all those that have helped during the beta testing. And all our users for being patient, its been a long time coming.

Tvheadend Team
Thank you Adam and team. TVH is great software, I have been using it since 3.2 and the betas in between. Your work is greatly appreciated, I will send a donation asap.

And even better is that hopefully Frodo 12.2 brings fixes for skipping in the Timeshift buffer :D
Nice! I know what I will be installing this weekend.

Thanks for the hard work!
Hi Adam,

great to see heavy development action ! TVH is a great piece of software !

Discovered that there changed something 'cause couldn't update any longer from launchpad repository Tongue ..

First view shows a lot of changes - I really like the "status" and the better segmentation of the web frontends functions Smile ..

Unfortunately channel switching times seem to have increased (especially for HD-Channels from about 1 second to about 3-4 secs)

Some questions:

1. What will "Conf->Recording->Skip commerical" invoke ? I don't have any stuff like comskip installed .. Why is it activated by default ?

2. See "Conf->Recording->Timeshift" . Is it already full functional with XBMC ? [Btw good to see that it could be turned off and user could choose file location and buffer size Cool]
What will change if "On Demand" is activated ?

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Thanks for the awesome work !
Working great.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2013-04-19, 23:24)LastCoder Wrote: 1. What will "Conf->Recording->Skip commerical" invoke ? I don't have any stuff like comskip installed .. Why is it activated by default ?

This detects audio-/videochanges - i.e. DD 2.0 <-> DD 5.1 or 4:3 <-> 16:9 - on the fly (whilest recording) and set a chaptermark into the file. The changes will usually happen if there is a commercial break and this works indeed awesome Wink - but only on mkv.
(2013-04-20, 10:57)_BJ1 Wrote:
(2013-04-19, 23:24)LastCoder Wrote: 1. What will "Conf->Recording->Skip commerical" invoke ? I don't have any stuff like comskip installed .. Why is it activated by default ?

This detects audio-/videochanges - i.e. DD 2.0 <-> DD 5.1 or 4:3 <-> 16:9 - on the fly (whilest recording) and set a chaptermark into the file. The changes will usually happen if there is a commercial break and this works indeed awesome Wink - but only on mkv.

Only for providers that support this ?

Edit:

From an older git version i'm running.
Quote:Skip commercials
If checked, commercials will be dropped from the recordings. At the moment, commercial detection only works for the swedish channel TV4.
(2013-04-20, 11:38)schumi2004 Wrote: Only for providers that support this ?

No, only for providers that change their video-/audioproperties when a combreak is happened. In Europe usually all Wink.
I completely forgot that option was in the ui. Please ignore it, it has no relation to the mkv chapters and only has an effect on one channel on the world. One day it might do more, but not yet.

Adam

Adam
(2013-04-20, 12:05)adamsutton Wrote: I completely forgot that option was in the ui. Please ignore it, it has no relation to the mkv chapters and only has an effect on one channel on the world. One day it might do more, but not yet.

Adam

Adam

Sorry, but this works perfect for me especially for the german private channels (RTL, VOX, PRO7, ...) and Sky too. I cut my recordings with VideoRedo and all chaptermarks are placed nearly correct and are a great help to find the combreaks for cutting them out...
Do I need to a gotham build to fully take advantage of all of the new stuff? Or is frodo 12.2 ok?
just installed on xbmcbuntu, am running hdhomerun prime but no devices are found Sad
any suggestions on installing?
Hi,

as expected, tvheadend 3.4 works really fine Love

But I have no idea what kind of signal strength / signal quality tvheadend monitors, but it's definitely not the strength of the transponders or something else. Today I messed around with my satellite dish - and whatever position I chose I got nearly the same signal strength shown in "Status" (about 60%-64%) - completely different to what my standalone satellite receiver told me (it differentiates signal quality and signal strength) ..

And though every channel has superb quality measured by that satellite receiver (and of course proven by my eyes Big Grin) tvheadend tells me that about 70 % of my muxes have a "quality" below 30 % (red bars) .. ?!?

Any chance to get a feature like satellite receivers have which show Signal strength and Signal Quality of a chosen transponder ? Very helpful when adjusting the dish (a sound indicating quality would be helpful too)...

Greetz

LastCoder

PS: @_BJ1 - (commerical skip feature) will I have any advantage of that marks when watching the stuff from inside xbmc (step forward i.e.) ? Btw how do you cut h264 streams - I didn't find any video cutter (either for windows nor for linux) that would handle that streams without getting audio sync problems (i.e. with Avidemux audio loses sync to video; same with Freemake Video converter) ..
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
(2013-04-20, 23:12)LastCoder Wrote: Hi,

as expected, tvheadend 3.4 works really fine Love

But I have no idea what kind of signal strength / signal quality tvheadend monitors, but it's definitely not the strength of the transponders or something else. Today I messed around with my satellite dish - and whatever position I chose I got nearly the same signal strength shown in "Status" (about 60%-64%) - completely different to what my standalone satellite receiver told me (it differentiates signal quality and signal strength) ..

And though every channel has superb quality measured by that satellite receiver (and of course proven by my eyes Big Grin) tvheadend tells me that about 70 % of my muxes have a "quality" below 30 % (red bars) .. ?!?

Any chance to get a feature like satellite receivers have which show Signal strength and Signal Quality of a chosen transponder ? Very helpful when adjusting the dish (a sound indicating quality would be helpful too)...

Greetz

LastCoder

PS: @_BJ1 - (commerical skip feature) will I have any advantage of that marks when watching the stuff from inside xbmc (step forward i.e.) ? Btw how do you cut h264 streams - I didn't find any video cutter (either for windows nor for linux) that would handle that streams without getting audio sync problems (i.e. with Avidemux audio loses sync to video; same with Freemake Video converter) ..

Signal quality depends on:

1. Driver/firmware implementation of your tv-card. Some drivers doesn't show any informations.
2. Quality of your tuners (pc-based cards are much not as good as stb's)

I cut my h264-streams with VideoReDo TVSuite ( http://www.videoredo.com/en/index.htm ), but you must paid for. Inside XBMC You can skip forward/back (next/previous chapter) on a file with chaptermarks within.
(2013-04-20, 21:54)bilbonvidia Wrote: Do I need to a gotham build to fully take advantage of all of the new stuff? Or is frodo 12.2 ok?

Frodo is fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend 3.40