• 10(current)
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.
This tutorial has helped a lot :-) I'm using the Ace skin so custom fan arts are out. Using the TV style is fine for me, but is there anything special with the nfo's for Specials? I've got a few which are sitting doing nothing at present as I would like to put them in this section.

If anyone would have a template specials nfo I could use, that would be grand :-) (I'd rather not export my entire library just to get one specials template).
Living Room | Openelec | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Man Room | Windows 7 x64 | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Roaming | iPad 2 | Re-Touched Skin
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
(2013-04-21, 19:08)liquidtoon Wrote: This tutorial has helped a lot :-) I'm using the Ace skin so custom fan arts are out. Using the TV style is fine for me, but is there anything special with the nfo's for Specials? I've got a few which are sitting doing nothing at present as I would like to put them in this section.

If anyone would have a template specials nfo I could use, that would be grand :-) (I'd rather not export my entire library just to get one specials template).

Specials are generally just Season 0, but I never did find out what dictates the placement of the special. I can post the .nfo of a random special for you if you like.

For everyone else, haven't had the time to get started at tmdb yet but have updated the fanart for 'Mania 28, No Way Out '12, TLC '12 and Hell in a Cell '12. Wasn't happy with them so I made a few alterations Big Grin
This has got me really interested in setting up my WWF/WWE collection in to something presentable, but I have to ask Deano316 how big is your wrestling collection?
Hardware - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L 8TB / Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software - NZBget / Radarr / Sonarr / uTorrent / Plex / NZB 360

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
(2013-04-23, 01:15)jakks Wrote: This has got me really interested in setting up my WWF/WWE collection in to something presentable, but I have to ask Deano316 how big is your wrestling collection?

I have the last few years of ppvs, some of the attitude era ppvs, a bunch of documentaries and loads of episodes of raw, nitro, smackdown!, ecw and nitro. I aim to complete my collection as much as possible, but I figured I'd better get my existing collection in shape first. Looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me Confused Slightly off topic, but how about yourself?
(2013-04-22, 21:41)Deano316 Wrote: Specials are generally just Season 0, but I never did find out what dictates the placement of the special. I can post the .nfo of a random special for you if you like.

That would be great if you could :-) thanks!
Living Room | Openelec | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Man Room | Windows 7 x64 | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
(2013-04-23, 02:23)Deano316 Wrote:
(2013-04-23, 01:15)jakks Wrote: This has got me really interested in setting up my WWF/WWE collection in to something presentable, but I have to ask Deano316 how big is your wrestling collection?

I have the last few years of ppvs, some of the attitude era ppvs, a bunch of documentaries and loads of episodes of raw, nitro, smackdown!, ecw and nitro. I aim to complete my collection as much as possible, but I figured I'd better get my existing collection in shape first. Looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me Confused Slightly off topic, but how about yourself?

I have all the WWF/E PPVs from 1998 onwards, random documentaries from all brands, I'll watch the most recent Raw and Smackdown episodes but I don't catalog them

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
(2013-04-23, 19:59)jakks Wrote:
(2013-04-23, 02:23)Deano316 Wrote:

I have all the WWF/E PPVs from 1998 onwards, random documentaries from all brands, I'll watch the most recent Raw and Smackdown episodes but I don't catalog them

Similar size collection then, to be honest I'm with you regarding to the current Raw and Smackdown. Most of them aren't really 'keepers'. I plan to go back through the PPVs and update all of them, so you could get some use out of this Smile

@Everyone: I've added some pics below of the setup in action. It's still WIP, some artwork I threw together quickly just so that everyone could get a feel for the end product:

watch gallery

I thought it would be best to use some stylised artwork of a iconic moment from each year and reflect that in the poster for each year. Let me know what you guys think, I'm liking how it looks so far Big Grin
WrestleMania 29 info and artwork complete.....finally!! Big Grin
Any chance of an updated guide to how you have the above screens setup?

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
(2013-04-24, 13:53)jakks Wrote: Any chance of an updated guide to how you have the above screens setup?

That's the plan Big Grin Want to get a bit more completed over at tmdb first, but essentially I have a smart playlist added to the WWE sub menu which contains my WWE moviesets. You just scrape the PPVs as you would a movie, most of the heavy lifting is done for you. All you need to do is decide on which view you want and which artwork is displayed Wink

@Everyone: The 2013 WWE PPVs are now completed at tmdb and fanart.tv, artwork and info!! They are as ready as they are going to be so give them a try and see how they work for you. It may take a few hours for the info to get to the scrapers, there seems to be a bit of a delay for some reason. But it will get there!!

Edit: Updated the pics above for the 2013 PPVs and added new completed info screens. Used the GIT version of the Nox for the newest screenshots though, just to avoid confusion Wink
Not much progress the last couple of days. Upped a couple of 'Mania logos, namely 1,2 and 3 along with some matching artwork. The 'Mania 1 pic is above along with a couple of pics of my WWE Specials in action, thought some of you might like to see. Bear in mind that isn't my entire collection, I just added a few to do a viable test. Working out sweet so far Smile There is a MOUNTAIN of maintenance to be done over at tmdb though, the info is all over the place for the WWE content Confused I should be able to do most of it over time but could do with a hand adding the cast list to each event, if anyone fancies pitching in PM me Wink The end result will be well worth it and then will be easy for everyone to replicate Big Grin

What do you guys make of the progress so far? Any likes, dislikes about the artwork, method etc?
Thought Id share what I have so far with my collections, I have gone with the TV season method

Still needs some work...

All the PPVs had NFOs but they gave away the winners of the matches so I wiped all them so I'm looking at some kind of filler for them
80% of the PPV & Seasons & Specials need fanart
All PPV seasons need some kind of poster as you can see from the second screenshot they have default XBMC folder images

It does take a far bit of work to get it in some kind of order but Id like to thank Deano316 for the inspiration and the guidelines, cant wait to see where you take this project

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
Looks good. thanks for sharing. My collection is currently all wwf ppv's from 83' onward, all ecw ppv's, and all wcw ppv's. Maybe once all that is done I'll add some of the documentaries and such. Not real interested in individual shows like raw or smackdown.... but maybe one of those "best of RAW' collections would be nice.
I've set up with TV Shows as well. What I did with the NFO descriptions was copy from the back of the DVD covers (I Googled them) so it gave the match list and a short synopsis of the PPV.

I use Ace at the minute so custom fanart is out of the question for now, but if this is implemented my spare time will be very busy ;-)
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
(2013-04-28, 19:21)jakks Wrote: All the PPVs had NFOs but they gave away the winners of the matches so I wiped all them so I'm looking at some kind of filler for them
80% of the PPV & Seasons & Specials need fanart
All PPV seasons need some kind of poster as you can see from the second screenshot they have default XBMC folder images

Should be able to search for the PPV moviesets on tmdb and use the custom artwork I'll be putting up there for your season thumb Wink Only a few up ATM but I'll be adding more soon.

(2013-04-28, 19:47)exoscoriae Wrote: Looks good. thanks for sharing. My collection is currently all wwf ppv's from 83' onward, all ecw ppv's, and all wcw ppv's. Maybe once all that is done I'll add some of the documentaries and such. Not real interested in individual shows like raw or smackdown.... but maybe one of those "best of RAW' collections would be nice.

I'll be working on adding the Documentaries to tmdb and finishing the ones that have already been added. So they'll only be a scan away for you Wink

(2013-04-28, 21:53)liquidtoon Wrote: I've set up with TV Shows as well. What I did with the NFO descriptions was copy from the back of the DVD covers (I Googled them) so it gave the match list and a short synopsis of the PPV.

I use Ace at the minute so custom fanart is out of the question for now, but if this is implemented my spare time will be very busy ;-)

I'm sure Ace will add custom fanart at some point, hopefully then you can use some of the new art available. For the newer PPVs I've found iTunes is a good place to look for a synopsis. I've had to write some of them myself and I've found that just having a list of matches doesn't really cut it, but adding a bit of backstory makes a world of difference.

I'm glad you're all getting some use out of the TV Show method. Whichever one you choose to use, there's no reason why our WWE collections can't look as good as the rest of our media anymore. It's just a shame that tvdb won't allow wrestling a permanent spot as it makes it more difficult to share all the info for these shows without a lot of aggravation.

The plan is to use movies for the PPVs and documentaries, and TV Shows for the Raw, SmackDown, ECW and WCW weeklies. I've got a few ideas that should give the completed setup a wow factor whilst remaining easy to use. I always use Nox so that will be what my new guide will be based on, but I'm sure it can be tweaked for most skins.

I'll get a few completed PPV years/sets in the bag, put it together so you can see it in action, then add in the rest. I've decided to open a separate thread over at Nox as its what my setup is designed to work on. I'll keep this one going as normal so fear not my friends Big Grin
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.1