• 53(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Thanks TeKo
Amzing how quick got ansfer. You are the hero
Could you add a mode for 3D sbs and ou?
Hello Everyone,

I need some help to figure out what Hardware to buy to get this amazing LED lights running Smile

My current XBMC is installed on a Linux OS. (Fedora)
Hardware is an ATOM CPU with ION.
My TV is 47 Inch.

After reading here i found out that i need to buy an Arduino UNO. On Amazon i found this Arduino UNO R3 http://www.amazon.de/Arduino-UNO-R3/dp/B008GRTSV6
How Much LEDs to i need for an 47 Inch TV? And what type of LEDs?
Is it possible to build such a setup without soldering?

Thanks for any help.
(2013-04-09, 12:33)Memphiz Wrote: Set the treshhold to something around 20 - 50 will keep the lights off in dark/noisy scenes. For the white reference you need to adapt the "value" parameters of the RGB leds in your boblight.conf (this is not possible to do via the addon). If your colors have to much blue then you need to reduce the blue value.

i just wanted to say that threshold do the job for dark scenes, with white/noisy white i still fighting, it seems that for test screen with white the leds works ok but for snow on screen its too blue, i will try more settings

now i have last question about boblight.conf and settings in the plugin itself
in conf file the range for saturation and value is 0.0-1.0, in plugin its from 0-~20 (don't remember exact value )

which values are important ?
those from plugin overrides from boblighht.conf ?
(2013-04-16, 11:45)miikew Wrote:
(2013-04-09, 12:33)Memphiz Wrote: Set the treshhold to something around 20 - 50 will keep the lights off in dark/noisy scenes. For the white reference you need to adapt the "value" parameters of the RGB leds in your boblight.conf (this is not possible to do via the addon). If your colors have to much blue then you need to reduce the blue value.

i just wanted to say that threshold do the job for dark scenes, with white/noisy white i still fighting, it seems that for test screen with white the leds works ok but for snow on screen its too blue, i will try more settings

now i have last question about boblight.conf and settings in the plugin itself
in conf file the range for saturation and value is 0.0-1.0, in plugin its from 0-~20 (don't remember exact value )

which values are important ?
those from plugin overrides from boblighht.conf ?

I think the problem is the way the addon gets the colors.

For cartoons/animated movies the colors are pretty good but for other stuff white gets blueish and darker elements get pink sometimes.

Quote:Hello Everyone,

I need some help to figure out what Hardware to buy to get this amazing LED lights running

My current XBMC is installed on a Linux OS. (Fedora)
Hardware is an ATOM CPU with ION.
My TV is 47 Inch.

After reading here i found out that i need to buy an Arduino UNO. On Amazon i found this Arduino UNO R3 http://www.amazon.de/Arduino-UNO-R3/dp/B008GRTSV6
How Much LEDs to i need for an 47 Inch TV? And what type of LEDs?
Is it possible to build such a setup without soldering?

Thanks for any help.

Its pretty hard to get all the stuff from german shops so you probably have to order from aliexpress(credit card) or ebay.com.

This is a good tutorial:
http://learn.adafruit.com/adalight-diy-a...ing/pieces

Just get all the parts listed from somewhere else.
(2013-03-16, 22:20)wolfgr Wrote: so after a painfull research i did with windows/ubuntu/openelec i found a solution with ''lights stay on'' problem with frodo.Its the script.xbmc.boblight .At least for my case and tests the boblight 1.0.3 addon that works fine with Eden,work fine(without lights on and errors) with frodo,official releases.The boblight addon script that comes from xbmc 12 repository is the problem..So if you have issues with lights on and script crasses try to replace 2.x.x addon with 1.0.3.Install it from xbmc or just replace the script.xbmc.boblight folder at userdata/addons and restart will do the trick.

warning:after that turn off the addons auto update and obviusly dont update bob light addon Smile

unfortunately i could not get this to work on my system. with 1.0.3 xbmc immediately crashes when video playback starts. is there anything i could do to further diagnose and debug this? it actually happens nearly all the time, so is quite easyily to reproduce on my system.
(2013-01-31, 18:03)Memphiz Wrote: The problem is shrinking and grabbing the frames from the GPU - this stalls to gl/les pipeline and makes it stutter (at least on low power gpu.

I'm thinking about building one of these, but I'm worried about this post about stuttering earlier in the thread. I have a 2.5GHz i5 with an AMD Radeon HD 6630M. Anyone have a good idea if that is enough to maintain framerate for Blu Ray rips if it stalls the gl/les pipeline, as Memphiz notes?
Will this project work with this addon on OpenELEC?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wood...r-displays

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
At this moment, no
(2013-04-26, 16:31)Kibje Wrote: At this moment, no

I asked them and got this answer in the FAQ.

Does it work with my Raspberry Pi?
Prismatik is based on Qt framework, which last version perfectly compiles for Raspberry Pi, and Prismatik can be run in background even without GUI. It’s more likely that we’ll announce RPi support after some small-time R&D investigation.

Last updated: Friday Apr 26, 11:11am EDT
Does it work with XBMC, Openelec, etc?
Yes. Prismatik can be run on Linux which is typical OS for this and many other media centers software. Prismatik’s interface should be disabled with a key “--nogui”. Please take notice that basic settings (like turning off/on, switching profiles etc) is performed with XBMC plug-in

Last updated: Friday Apr 26, 11:17am EDT

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
prismatik software has nothing to do with boblight.

But trust me if you are using XBMC you want boblight.

Probably not so hard to support the system.
I'm running Windows 7 with boblightd. I'm actually not sure which version. How do I check this?

Anyway, I used to have a setup that worked flawlessly on XBMC 12.0 but now that I installed 12.1 the boblight add-on isn't working properly?

It installs right, it connects to the daemon fine. There are no errors. XBMC says it has connected to the daemon and in the command prompt I see the daemon reporting "127.0.0.1:5886 connected" and "said hello" messages.

But the lights are not showing anything, not even if I turn on the static lights in the menu. Did anybody else experience this? Anybody else running on Windows 7 who wants to point me to a working daemon?
Are you using the official builds or something like a 3D version?

Maybe just try to update boblight to the latest version.
(2013-04-27, 21:03)TeKo Wrote: Are you using the official builds or something like a 3D version?

Maybe just try to update boblight to the latest version.
Thanks for the suggestions! But no, I have an official build of XBMC.

You mean I should update the add-on to 2.0.4? I've done that, no difference.

The 1.3 beta version of boblightd for windows never worked with the plugin, it still doesn't. So I use an older version to work with the plugin. But it's XBMC which changed, not the daemon nor the add-on. Strange...
Try changing the speed from fast to slow. Fast doesn't work for me neither.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3