• 11(current)
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.
We really should make our own tvdb but for wrestling, don't know what it would be called....but something that allows for wrestling and sport? The project is open source....http://sourceforge.net/projects/tvdb/

If I had some interest I would be willing to set it up and manage it.
(2013-04-29, 15:41)pisoj1 Wrote: We really should make our own tvdb but for wrestling, don't know what it would be called....but something that allows for wrestling and sport? The project is open source....http://sourceforge.net/projects/tvdb/

If I had some interest I would be willing to set it up and manage it.

That's something that's way long overdue Big Grin I think it's a great idea. Once it's up and running it would become popular. Worth a go I think Big Grin
sounds good to me.
Would make life a lot easier. Go for it
Hardware - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L 8TB / Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software - NZBget / Radarr / Sonarr / uTorrent / Plex / NZB 360

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
A quick google search doesn't bring up anything substantial for tsdb (the sports database). Not exactly an original name, but it sits well with tvdb and tmdb. Any other suggestions?
I'll see what I can do. Smile I have some free time in a bit over a month where I could spend a lot of time building it.

My ultimate goal would be to make it worth with things like sickbeard Tongue

Wrestling doesn't quite work as seasons. But I think from Jan-Dec should be considered a season. And seasons should just go by their year. e.g. Season 1997 Season 2002 etc

I'm not sure how it would be done for UFC or other types of sport. Please give a suggestions.

Also would have to think about how we would treat special episodes. Such as the documentaries and what not. ATM they are treated like movies. I don't know if the software would allow for it to work with a movie and a tv show frame work. I'll have to take a look. Perhaps all WWE documentaries can go under the one folder without any seasons. The problem is you kind of don't get separate fan art per episode, though I am sure I could develop that.

I am a PHP developer so I could possibly make my own, perhaps using tvdb's as a good guide. The version up there was made in 2007! It's old and hasn't been updated in a LONG time.
I think it's probably works best having each wrestling season jan-dec although the actual wrestling season runs from the post 'Mania Raw through to WrestleMania, don't know what everyone else thinks? I know it complicates things as the seasons would be 2011-2012, 2012-2013 etc. but you'll find that with a lot of sports that is how the seasons are laid out. It's certainly something to think about in any case. For me the documentaries are probably best left as movies seeing as they are generally not part of any continuing series. Like you I'm not sure what the current limitations are with the software, so until we know that it's hard to make a final decision.

UFC has no season that I'm aware of, so could probably stay in the movie format for the PPVs but then it does have UFC on Fox and so on that complicates things slightly. Not an expert but there is no continuing story so UFC events aren't really considered a series.

Sports are a different beast entirely but you'll have to come up with a standard for sports in general so it doesn't get out of hand. Might be worth posting in the general section and getting some feedback. I'm sure that others will have a more informed opinion. I could take care of that if you like?

I'm not very good on the programming side of things but am willing to help in any way that I can with the setup. I'm going to press on with the fanart for the time being, as that will be useful to have either way. Hit me up with a PM if you need me Wink Exciting times indeed!!! Big Grin
Where is this add on and how do we add it? Will it support live pay per view events?
(2013-04-30, 16:22)mattbrowno Wrote: Where is this add on and how do we add it? Will it support live pay per view events?

It won't be an add-on but will be a database just like you have for tv and movies. So it will cover Pay-Per-View events, but will provide info and artwork only no live feeds or anything.
Been working on a few posters for each Year/Collection/Season. They are a WIP but I thought I'd put a few up to see what you all thought:

watch gallery

Tried to base each cover on a star/stars of that year, the fanart will follow a similar theme. I'm probably going to rework some of them, but it's not a bad start. Thoughts guys?
looking good, my collections on hold till I can get some nice fanart / posters so keep them coming lol

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
(2013-05-01, 20:02)jakks Wrote: looking good, my collections on hold till I can get some nice fanart / posters so keep them coming lol

No problem Big Grin Just to let everyone know, I'm in the middle of setting up my server at home so the updates are going to disappear for the next few days. But as soon as I'm done, I'll get back to it Wink
I really like those deano, Really damn cool Smile
Do you have rough idea on what order you will do artwork? Older to present day etc

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
(2013-05-08, 16:23)jakks Wrote: Do you have rough idea on what order you will do artwork? Older to present day etc

The sensible option would be to do them in chronological order, I'll stick to that as much as possible but it's nice to take a break and work on some of the newer stuff. Just so everyone is aware I've grouped '85, '86 and '87 together as there is only one PPV per year, not enough for a 'set'. Seemed to make more sense Wink
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.1