• 44(current)
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
(2013-05-01, 09:15)mjeyre Wrote: altthough you have chrome installed you will neeed to have IE 8 or above browser installed.

mjeyre

Apologies, I should have made that clear. IE 8 installed as well. I have Chrome set as default. Should I switch defaul to IE?
Hi All

Does this work with the official XBMC remote and is there a new stable release coming? I have read through the topic and I'm very excited by the great work being done.
(2013-05-01, 12:52)flapshot Wrote: Hi All

Does this work with the official XBMC remote and is there a new stable release coming? I have read through the topic and I'm very excited by the great work being done.

No you need to use a keyboard emulating remote somthing like hipporemote.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Thanks syborg, perhaps I'll wait until this project is better integrated into xbmc. Brilliant work from the dev's though, really good. Thanks!
(2013-05-01, 16:27)flapshot Wrote: Thanks syborg, perhaps I'll wait until this project is better integrated into xbmc. Brilliant work from the dev's though, really good. Thanks!

That full integration may never come as skygo uses silverlight which at the moment is incompatible with xbmc.

The only thing you need other remote is to exit the channel as it run using a external program to get around the silverlight issue.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Hi, First time poster, long time reader. I've been following this thread for the last few months with great interest, and was delighted recently to find the Repo put together, So major kudos to the guys for the work.

However, i am having one major issue, and despite lots of trying and failing, cannot find a solution, so i hope someone can help: I cannot get SkyGO to work from xbmc! I should say it is working perfectly outside of xbmc( currently using 'skygolauncher.bat in skygo folder in c drive. Configured, working, I can change channels using the remote, and i can exit via back button on my MCE remote. The problem occurs when i try to launch using the advanced launcher in xbmc or the new launcher in the repo. The bat file (cleanietemp) launches and the SKYgo.exe launches, but no matter what i do will not get past 'connecting to Sky Go'.

After many tries, i decided to do a clean install of xbmc and the addon, to see if this resolved the error - I made sure to remove every trace of xbmc on uninstall. The launcher is there and looks great until i try to connect and the same issue arises. what currently happens is as follows:

- Sky GO screen launches with the 'connecting to skygo' message, there is however a mouse pointer ( i have checked and hide mouse pointer is set to true in the settings).
Obviously, i want to exit , however screen will not take remote input. In order to get remote input, I hit window key on keyboard, to bring up taskbar, then click back into skygo screen. Skygo screen then can be exited using remote. I mention this for the sake of completeness, i don't see how this would affect whether the Skygo, connects and logs in.

My system is Windows 7 x64, Using Frodo 12.1 ( although only recently, was using 12.0, same problem). I have also installed 'installxbmclauncher.exe' from the skydrive account.

Obviously, if anyone can find time, to offer some help or suggestions, it would be most appreciated.
Hey,

So to clarify - it launches fine if you manually launch the bat file? Its only when you try launch through the skygo launcher it doesn't work? Is that correct?
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Hi

Yes you got it in one, No problems outside xbmc, only when i launch inside xbmc.

Thanks
(2013-05-02, 12:08)jjkiernan Wrote: Hi

Yes you got it in one, No problems outside xbmc, only when i launch inside xbmc.

Thanks

Can you post your debug log with you launching a channel as the last action.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2013-05-02, 12:10)syborg Wrote:
(2013-05-02, 12:08)jjkiernan Wrote: Hi

Thanks

Can you post your debug log with you launching a channel as the last action.

Are you based in the UK or are you accessing SkyGo via a VPN or DNS service?
@ Syborg Yes will put the log online later this evening when I'm home.

@vitony: Not in UK. Am in Ireland. Not using VPN or any other DNS service. I can access SKYGO no problem, except when launching from XBMC
Its a weird issue - hopefully we'll get to bottom of it will the log.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
When you log in, do you usually have to go through a verification screen that requires you to enter captcha data? This is sometimes the case (always the case when I try to log in from a non-UK location). That verification page may not be visible, or may not be to the front, when logging in via XBMC so the system hangs while waiting for you to validate your identity. Just a thought.....
ok you are getting this because the cfg file that the repo uses is in a different location to the standalone.

Im guessing the captcha is because its looking for the login.

check the cfg file in the xbmc app data folder

mjeyre

also if you login from outside the uk you need a vpn tunnel
Hi

OK, firstly attached is link to my error log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wt20xjqaapd68y...0error.log

@mjeyre i have checked the cfg file under the skygolauncher plugin folder in appdata. It is correct. This is where the batch file in the skygo folder points to. the settings are exactly as they are in the addon settings in xbmc. Also no VPN tunnel is needed in Ireland, I am a customer of sky in ireland, so i can access skygo same as UK.

I am presuming here in all of this that the launcher in xbmc is pointing to the skygo launcher batch file with parameters for different channels. if it is pointing to a different location, i hadn't considered this.

hopefully someone will be able to figure it out.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC4