• 5(current)
Archive - old posts
I probably would too.
If it didnt affect speed in a negative way I would use it (Pi & ATV2).
As previous poster, I like the fixed vertical menu as in Ace better than the old Confluence style.
(2013-05-02, 09:45)pecinko Wrote: Just wondering,

if I would add "Mediastream/old Confluence-like" vertical home menu as an alternative, and that is a big IF, how many of you would be using it?

I'm totally digging the slightly polished menu from amber, so it's a no for me.

PS : i did some work on the music OSD for myself (new background overlay, smaller and lower album cover + rounded edges..). Looks pretty good, i can send you a screenshot if you want to take a look...
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
@Sabish

Send screens as well as feedback about updated fanart viewSmile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-05-02, 18:26)pecinko Wrote: .... as feedback about updated fanart viewSmile

Ermm... It's working Smile. It's a pity we can't have it both ways. Down for scrollbar, Up for info, Up x2 for menu.
upd. And you added info. Perfect.

BTW I found that Down animation in fanart highly addictive. Smile
Pecinko,

Decided I would finally register, as I trialed out Amber when it was still Quartz Reload on my Raspberry Pi and have stuck with it ever since.

I have to agree with others posts that it's the smoothest skin I have seen so far on the Pi, and can't wait to see how you progress with it.

Awesome work mate!
(2013-05-03, 08:07)Eshman Wrote: Decided I would finally register, as I trialed out Amber when it was still Quartz Reload on my Raspberry Pi and have stuck with it ever since.

I have to agree with others posts that it's the smoothest skin I have seen so far on the Pi, and can't wait to see how you progress with it.

Many thanks!

People mostly don't bother posting feedback and in many cases don't even know who the skin author is Smile

As making a skin is not a paid work and requires huge time investment (many months) - user feedback is the thing that keep us pushing forward.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-05-02, 18:26)pecinko Wrote: @Sabish

Send screens as well as feedback about updated fanart viewSmile

there you go Smile

Fanart view is perfect, but i couldn't help but do a "stage" overlay (along with some opacity on the top bar) : it looks like this :

Again, congrats on the skin : it's beautiful and super snappy on my atv2. Thanks for you work !
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
Unfortunately i have a feature request Smile. Could you please apply some transparency to video OSD to keep subtitles visible when osd is on the screen?
(2013-05-04, 09:37)relyter Wrote: Unfortunately i have a feature request :). Could you please apply some transparency to video OSD to keep subtitles visible when osd is on the screen?

I don't mind feature requests as long as they make sense or poster take some time to explain why they make sense to him/her :)
I use subtitles a lot. Pretty much everything i watch i watch with subs. When i open osd to change something in video or audio/subs settings on my RPi it could take up to 15 sec (worst case) between clicking on icon and rightside menu appears. Not a skin fault, it pretty much the same is on others skin. "Worst case" is usually first time after restart, later it's much faster (probably because of caching). But i can't see any subs in this time period.
Second scenario is when i want to see remaining time. I have to bring up osd, so i can't see subs for a few seconds. But you told something about add progress bar on info screen, so it's probably would be solved.
Best skin ever

Regards, brownnose
I am using this skin on my Pi now for a few weeks and i am very pleased with it. The way the skin works i prefer it over Confluence. It is very fast wich is very important on the Raspberry Pi.

About the vertical Menu. I don't know if i shall use it, i think it depends on how it looks. Also with fanart on the homescreen a horizontal menu (i think) will benefit.

Request:
Enable/Disable default background on Big Panel view.
Enable/Disable recently added movies on the home window like confluence.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Excellent skin, very fast. I like how you have not tried to fill the screen with too much info. Just the important stuff you need to see when choosing a movie.

Unfortunately I can't use it because I really hate the logic of the watched/unwatched icons. But congrats on a great skin. [/align]
There seems a little problem with fanart view in 0.1.8. When returning back to TV shows from episodes level sometimes view stuck with fanart only on the screen, no posters visible, just status line on the top. The only thing i can do is back to home screen. The view is OK if i open TV shows again. It seems happen only after watching episode, if i just open episodes list and go back view is loaded correctly. Also i could reproduce similar behavior with Banner list. Sometimes the same happens when just setting Banner list or Fanart view from option menu. Anyone else having this?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10