• 93(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2013-05-02, 20:34)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-05-02, 20:31)sorcer1 Wrote:
(2013-05-02, 10:25)baijuxavior Wrote: System > Addons > Services > Artworkdownloader > Launch

i can activate/deactivate the add-on.
i can uninstall the add-on.
i can configure the add-on.

but i can't launch him !
i did'nt have a button or right click menu with this action
GUI support needs to be asked in the skin thread you use.

what he said it totally the wrong way of starting it.

go to programs and hit enter

thanks ! it's working.
so now, how can i can search for one folder only ?
because when i launch the add-on it will scan all my files and i didn't need it.
(2013-05-03, 10:24)sorcer1 Wrote:
(2013-05-02, 20:34)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-05-02, 20:31)sorcer1 Wrote: i can activate/deactivate the add-on.
i can uninstall the add-on.
i can configure the add-on.

but i can't launch him !
i did'nt have a button or right click menu with this action
GUI support needs to be asked in the skin thread you use.

what he said it totally the wrong way of starting it.

go to programs and hit enter

thanks ! it's working.
because when i launch the add-on it will scan all my files and i didn't need it.

You must launch the add-on each time you add new videos. After the first run it only takes a few seconds.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
is there a way i can set this addon to automatically download the artworks everytime a new movie is scanned into the library ?
(2013-05-04, 11:07)anarchoi Wrote: is there a way i can set this addon to automatically download the artworks everytime a new movie is scanned into the library ?

no
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-05-04, 11:07)anarchoi Wrote: is there a way i can set this addon to automatically download the artworks everytime a new movie is scanned into the library ?

The Confluence Modified skin includes an option to run AD after a library scan.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Get your own thread and remove your post. This is way off topic.
(2013-05-03, 10:24)sorcer1 Wrote: thanks ! it's working.

Are you looking to just add some artwork or do a full scan (logo, poster, extra fanart, ect) or just change or add a piece to an existing show?

If you are looking to do the latter some skins support adding artwork from the info menu (Aeon Nox does).

Hope that helps!
Setup:
HTPC: Acer Revo 3610 (openELEC 3.0.2) with Aeon Nox (4)
NAS: unRAID 5rc12a on an Intel 3GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of RAM and 5 2TB WD EARS Green Drives
Running: SickBeard, CouchPotato v2, Headphones, Maraschino, Plex and SimplePlugins
(2013-05-06, 16:43)Martijn Wrote: Get your own thread and remove your post. This is way off topic.

Off topic?, scuse me?, its job is to convert dir. structure in prep for AD?, can't think of a more appropriate forum actually.
its free, not like im hijacking ur forum to hawk it. You have obviously not paid it any heed, or you would include with AD!
Hi I have an issue with AD. I'm using the Transparency skin and running AD dl's extra fan art no problem. But it point blank refuses to dl logos and clearart even though they are selected by default. Any idea why it is doing this?
Hi

When using Artwork Downloader if I run Solo Mode on a new movie I added in to the library, it does not download a fanart.jpg image. However if on the same movie I select Gui Mode I am able to then select Fanart and pick one for download.

Should it download a fanart.jpg with Solo Mode?

When I use Solo Mode, it downloads the following OK if available:

poster.jpg
logo.png
landscape.jpg
clearart.png
banner.jpg
extrathumbs
extrafanart

Just not fanart.jpg for some reason ?

Thanks
(2013-05-04, 11:19)Martijn Wrote:

no

Any chance we will see this in the future? I prepare all my movies and shows with MediaElch and have the logo.png clearart.png etc. in the movie folder. Would be nice if thats enough to enjoy xbmc + AD Smile
Guys, a simple search of this thread would explain the reasons for this. Servers that provide artwork are not equipped to handle the massive amount of traffic that automatic scans/downloads would create.

So, unless you guys are ready to get your checkbooks out and make sizable donations for their bandwidth and server costs, leave it alone. Your "good intentions" could result in popular art hosting sites being shut down, or shutting off access to XBMC scrapers.
If AD would at least check for local files when a new movie is scanned into the library there would be no additional traffic at all.

And to be honest I don't quiet get it. Are you saying that if xbmc/AD automaticly downloads the artwork for a new movie there would be to much traffic, but if I manually download it there wouldn't? As I see it the only reason why more traffic would be generated is that more people would use artwork on more movies. But it is kinda sad to develop such a nice extension and community around it and then try to deter people from fully using it for traffic reasons.
(2013-05-11, 13:35)jolt Wrote: If AD would at least check for local files when a new movie is scanned into the library there would be no additional traffic at all.

And to be honest I don't quiet get it. Are you saying that if xbmc/AD automaticly downloads the artwork for a new movie there would be to much traffic, but if I manually download it there wouldn't? As I see it the only reason why more traffic would be generated is that more people would use artwork on more movies. But it is kinda sad to develop such a nice extension and community around it and then try to deter people from fully using it for traffic reasons.

let me give you my bank account number if you think it doesn't matter at all so you can donate the server costs Rofl
if you think you can do it better don't let me stop you!

some people run their library update 10 times a day. do i need to explain it some more ..............
I probably underestimate the traffic. By updating the library, a querry is send to fanart.tv etc. and only if there is new stuff available it is being downloaded,right? So basically the massive amount of querries generates traffic?

But still, checking for local files doesn't cause any additional traffic, right?! I'm aware that most people don't store artwork local, but for those who do that would be a great improvement.
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18