• 20(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection?
Hi guys,

As some of you may have seen I have uploaded a test version (v. 0.9.2) to my beta repository a little while ago.
With the help from the errors reports you have sent in, I have been able to fix a number of smaller problems and crashes.
Version 0.9.3 is ready for testing in my repo as usual.

I have also included PatK's excellent graphics, it's all coming together nicely now Smile

And finally a couple of screens...

WOW!!! Pretty amazing update... love the new look.. especially how it uses my movie covers for generating the background and as far as I have tested, everything working fine.

Thanks twinther for keeping this add-on going
A little elevator theme in the 'lobby' (game chooser screen with an on/off choice) would add an unforgettable air, and I loved those gold/brass buttons of the past, would be nice to see them back in action instead of clickable words. Don't get me wrong... but this new version looks so good, I'm surprised Apple isn't at your doorstep Smile
Is this working under frodo 12.1? With mysql database?

And is cinema experience migration supported? Thx
(2013-04-22, 19:33)PatK Wrote: A little elevator theme in the 'lobby' (game chooser screen with an on/off choice) would add an unforgettable air, and I loved those gold/brass buttons of the past, would be nice to see them back in action instead of clickable words. Don't get me wrong... but this new version looks so good, I'm surprised Apple isn't at your doorstep Smile
hehe I'll see what I can do. "background" music is always tricky though.

(2013-04-22, 19:45)Skank Wrote: Is this working under frodo 12.1? With mysql database?

Yes, this is for Frodo only. It uses the JSON-RPC api, so should work with mysql without any problems.
Not sure about cinema experience, haven't tested that.

Br.
Tommy
(2013-04-22, 21:14)twinther Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 19:33)PatK Wrote: A little elevator theme in the 'lobby' (game chooser screen with an on/off choice) would add an unforgettable air, and I loved those gold/brass buttons of the past, would be nice to see them back in action instead of clickable words. Don't get me wrong... but this new version looks so good, I'm surprised Apple isn't at your doorstep Smile
hehe I'll see what I can do. "background" music is always tricky though.

(2013-04-22, 19:45)Skank Wrote: Is this working under frodo 12.1? With mysql database?

Yes, this is for Frodo only. It uses the JSON-RPC api, so should work with mysql without any problems.
Not sure about cinema experience, haven't tested that.

Br.
Tommy

It seems that a keyword argument was removed from QuizGui, that the 'starting script' mq_ce_play.py. This is where the QuestionLimit type of game is sent to Movie Quiz. If it would be easier for you, I can just drop all of the 'control' and just use a standard call, giving the user the full script.
Hi twinther,

The latest version seems to work just fine so I just wondered if you are close to updating the official repo through xbmc?

No hurries, it's just nice to update to the latest from a central location.

Love this add-on by the way

Thanks
(2013-05-11, 22:19)giftie Wrote: It seems that a keyword argument was removed from QuizGui, that the 'starting script' mq_ce_play.py. This is where the QuestionLimit type of game is sent to Movie Quiz. If it would be easier for you, I can just drop all of the 'control' and just use a standard call, giving the user the full script.
Hi, sorry for the slow reply. I have just uploaded v0.9.4 to my beta repository.
It fixes the mq_ce_play.py file. I hope it works. Otherwise I guess it's easiest if you just decide how you want to start the movie quiz and we can work from there.

(2013-06-01, 12:13)blondeshanks Wrote: Hi twinther,

The latest version seems to work just fine so I just wondered if you are close to updating the official repo through xbmc?

No hurries, it's just nice to update to the latest from a central location.

Love this add-on by the way

Thanks

Sounds great Smile it's my plan to update this in the official repo soon. I have gotten very feed error reports on the latest versions, so it's looking promising. I pretty much just need to sort out the integration to Cinema experience.

Br.
Tommy
Hi twinther,

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the official release :)
Hi guys,
I haven't had much time to work on the movie quiz lately - and I also haven't received many errors report on the v0.9.x releases, so I have decided its time for v1.0.0. I have just finished wrapping it up and have sent the pull for the official repo.

I have updated the first post with a little info and screenshots:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92540

Br.
Tommy
Hi there, I'm having an issue with this add-on, i just can make it work, I've installed it several times in diferent versions in my XBMC 12.2 and there is no way, it just won't start. It left an error(error 5 Type exceptions.windowserror among other things) message afterwards. What should I do? What am I doing wrong? Any thoughts about it would much appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Hi txaras, are you using the 1.0.0 version from the official repository?
That's the only version that is working on XBMC 12.2. The old 0.5.x versions doesn't work at least.

When the error happened, did you get the screen where you could send an error report or just the usual XBMC script error?
What hardware, os, etc. are you using?
Br.
Tommy
Hi there

Yeah, I'm using the official 1.0.0, and also I can send an error report. I bet my problem is the damned Windows 8 xD. My hardware is a Phenom II 960t x4, 8Gb RAM,ATI HD4770, with Windows 8 like I said, running the XBMC 12.2.

Thanks a lot for the help, It looks like an amazing app and is a pitty it won't work.
Just installed this one. Really lovely!
Some comments:

- tvshow quiz, shuts down xbmc and restarts xbmc for me, with movies no problem
- some text is in my own language (dutch) , some are english: is it possible to have all the english in dutch?
Need help translation for it? Willing to....
- for the moviequiz where you see parts of a movie... It sometimes take 5sec from the beginning of the movie and sometimes this is the hollywood introduction trailer, so actually dont see the movie self..
-how is cinema experience integrated?
Twinther any comment?
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection?5