• 8(current)
Deprecated Missing Movie Scanner
I am glad people are still finding this plugin useful.

I am adding tv shows, black list words and logging missing to a file and if I can get some people to test I would like to add this plugin the the official plugin repo.

also if you are seeing crashes please post the log file or even just the crash info from the log file as this will allow me to investigate.
Null_pointer,

I will gladly give it a test. What do you need me to do? I have a couple of installs of xbmc and a nice size library to do testing. I use the addon now and it is by far the most useful of all the add ons I have installed. It does what it says and hasn't caused one single problem with my setups.
I have updated the plugin,

- add missing TV show detection
- add auto source detection and scanning
- add logging
- add blacklist words

I would like to add this to the official addon repository so if anyone does gets a chance to test please respond back with any working or not working feedback you have, thanks.
Hi,

I'll try this tonight (don't have XBMC and TV show at office ;>) )

I had adapted your mod for tv shows, but my coding abilities was too small for doing something else than create a separated adapted mod.

It is very much better to have one single and customizable mod.

Thanks for that !
I just realised I did not mention that the new version (3.1.0) is available for download form the google code project site:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-missing-mo...loads/list
it looks like there have been about 100 downloads, has anyone had a chance to run this new version yet.

Also some open questions:
- should all path and string matching be case insensitive?
- should this this addon be added to the official repository?
I use this version and I doesn't have any problems so far.
It shouldn't be in official repository because...it should be part of xbmc Wink but if it's impossible, place it in official repository of course.
(2013-05-13, 13:00)Marx1 Wrote: I use this version and I doesn't have any problems so far.
thank you for the confirmation.
(2013-05-13, 13:00)Marx1 Wrote: It shouldn't be in official repository because...it should be part of xbmc Wink but if it's impossible, place it in official repository of course.
I agree, the scraper should write the missed results to a table that can be queried and displayed easily either in the video library settings area or easily accessible to a add-on to be displayed and formatted in whatever way an add-on dev wants.

I know this missed scrapping data is logged in the main log but having to troll through the log is beyond most users and really not something I want to do nor should I have to. If I want to just do a quick check to see if I have miss spelled a movie or there was no match for a movie in my collection I should be able to do that as with everything else inside xbmc.

Failing this sort of functionality being added to the base xbmx I think an add-on is ok and probably should be added to the add-on repo.

If I get time I might have a look at altering the base scraper to drop the missed results to a table in the db.
It's first step. Second should be logging of movies which scraper decided to choose first from a few. Often scraper finds more then one fitting movie and chooses first which may be wrong. Such situations should be logged too.
(2013-05-14, 00:35)Marx1 Wrote: It's first step. Second should be logging of movies which scraper decided to choose first from a few. Often scraper finds more then one fitting movie and chooses first which may be wrong. Such situations should be logged too.
yeah to log the confidence level of matches of the scraper this would absolutely have to be done at scrap time.
Got some false positives here ... feel free to tell me what information you need to fix the problem ;-)
(2013-05-14, 22:17)fireba11 Wrote: Got some false positives here ... feel free to tell me what information you need to fix the problem ;-)

Can you see any pattern to the missing false positives? case mismatch, UTF characters etc?

Please turn on logging in the Missing Movie Scanner Settings, reproduce the problem, shutdown xbmc then post the log to http://pastebin.com/ and then post the description of the problem and the link to the pastbin in this thread.

On windows the xbmc log is under your user profile folder, on my windows 8 machine it is here:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log

This log gets overwritten with each launch of xbmc so make sure you turn on logging reproduce the problem shut down xbmc and then grab the log file without rerunning xbmc as it will stomp on your log file then. Actually is renames it to old.

If you don't want your logs posted on the forum PM me the link to the pastbin.
well after taking a 2nd look it was rather obvious: it happens with filenames including a "," that are also 2-part-movies

Examples:
smb://kubrick/storage/Movies/War, Inc. (2008) cd2.avi
smb://kubrick/storage/Movies/I, Robot part2.avi

I doubt you'll need the logfiles anymore ;-)
I found the issue, I needed to escape commas in path/files names for stacked file movies

I also switch all path and file matching to use lower case only.

Grab the new version from the project site:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-missing-mo...loads/list
When will you place it in official repository?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Movie Scanner1