• 9(current)
Archive - old posts
Raspbmc use 128MB for GPU which, according to many, is not optimal for 512 boards.
If you have a 512 board I recommend to use 256MB (I have ran it on 256 for a long while and was recommended by Dom/Popcornmix from RasPi).
I am almost 100% positive that this will fix your problem.

There are more things you can do as well, such as run GUI in 720 (standard for Raspbmc), lower resolution for fanart, different view mode in library etc.

But as you say, overclocking is probably a good idea for HD content (I run on 1GHz, works very good).
I've got the older 256 model. I've avoided overclocking before because I've found it actually results in a lower read/write speed for my sd card, and I worry about corruption. (I've tried USB but none of my sticks produce good results, and I don't want to buy another one right now). I'll do a backup and see how I get on. Cheers Smile
Overclocking seems to have fixed it (touch wood). Thanks for the help.
+1. Running openelec 3.02 with the rbej mods Overclocked to 1ghz on a 256mb rpi. Runs awesome. Thank you
Couple of wishes for the music section:

- Small, global now playing panel which shows playing artist, album, year, track number, title and progress. Or atleast some of those.
- Hide empty star rating in music library and visualization if rating is not available. I cannot remember right now if i have to rate them myself, or if it's provided by the scraper but they are empty in my albums, and even if the rating would exist, i would not really need it

I also second the wish to see progress bar, or some kind of indication of playback progress in video info screen during video playback.
(2013-05-12, 20:22)toiva Wrote: - Small, global now playing panel which shows playing artist, album, year, track number, title and progress. Or atleast some of those.
- Hide empty star rating in music library and visualization if rating is not available. I cannot remember right now if i have to rate them myself, or if it's provided by the scraper but they are empty in my albums, and even if the rating would exist, i would not really need it

I also second the wish to see progress bar, or some kind of indication of playback progress in video info screen during video playback.

Agreed and added to to-do list.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I tried to get the subsonic addon from tomm0 repo and was not able to. Can anybody else test perhaps to see if they are able to get this to work. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99513
(2013-05-12, 17:27)bigwillch Wrote: Overclocking seems to have fixed it (touch wood). Thanks for the help.

To what settings did you overclock? I'm running XBIAN and the overclock is dynamic. I dit just set the GPU mem to 256 instead of 128.

I've been using this skin for about a week now, and it's excellent.. a few minor bugs with fullHD playback, but I hope the above setting will fix this.

I use airplay to push my spotify music to the pi, but 3 things don't work correctly with the Artist Slideshow.

1. coverart during playback doesn't change with the song, I have to select "player" for full screen playback and go back to the menu for this to change.
2. Slideshow won't start until I go into full screen mode and go back.
3. Slideshow not active in full screen mode.

Correct album cover with track.

Next track, correct fanart and artist info. Wrong album cover

Feature request:
Is it possible to show database statistics on smart play lists view? Movies and TV-Shows show item count with watched and unwatched. But I'd like to have this consistent throughout my menu:
(2013-05-14, 17:37)RoRoo Wrote: 1. coverart during playback doesn't change with the song, I have to select "player" for full screen playback and go back to the menu for this to change.
2. Slideshow won't start until I go into full screen mode and go back.
3. Slideshow not active in full screen mode.

Images are served to a skin by artist slideshow script. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do.

Quote:Is it possible to show database statistics on smart play lists view? Movies and TV-Shows show item count with watched and unwatched. But I'd like to have this consistent throughout my menu:

Not quite - skin have zero knowledge about an item you customised your home menu with. Further, statistics would be misleading as they would always show all movies count from the library, not per smart playlist.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

[Request]
When browsing Music Videos, the artist names aren't shown anywhere unless you browse by Artist. I would suggest changing the text representations in most views from "<title>" to "<artist> - <title>".
(2013-05-14, 19:05)pecinko Wrote: Images are served to a skin by artist slideshow script. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do.
Hmmm, was afraid of that. I don't know anything about skinning so please excuse my question:
Why do I have to switch to full screen and back to activate the addon? or maybe you could have it activate during full screen?

(2013-05-14, 19:05)pecinko Wrote: Not quite - skin have zero knowledge about an item you customised your home menu with. Further, statistics would be misleading as they would always show all movies count from the library, not per smart playlist.
Ok, thanks.. thought so, but it never hurts to ask right??
(2013-05-14, 19:05)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 17:37)RoRoo Wrote: Is it possible to show database statistics on smart play lists view? Movies and TV-Shows show item count with watched and unwatched. But I'd like to have this consistent throughout my menu:

Not quite - skin have zero knowledge about an item you customised your home menu with. Further, statistics would be misleading as they would always show all movies count from the library, not per smart playlist.

You could use script.randomandlastitems to return the total/watched/unwatched counts from a smartplaylist.. But supporting it would probably be pain in the ass and make the skin heavier.
(2013-05-14, 17:37)RoRoo Wrote:
(2013-05-12, 17:27)bigwillch Wrote: Overclocking seems to have fixed it (touch wood). Thanks for the help.
To what settings did you overclock? I'm running XBIAN and the overclock is dynamic. I dit just set the GPU mem to 256 instead of 128.

I used Raspbmc's 'Fast' setting, which sets it to:

arm_freq=840
core_freq=350
gpu_freq=253
force_turbo=1

The force turbo is apparently to make sd card corruption less likely.

I was a big fan of xbian for a while, but I've found that I now feel raspbmc has overtaken it in terms of being the best mix between performance and stability.
(2013-05-14, 21:12)toiva Wrote: You could use script.randomandlastitems to return the total/watched/unwatched counts from a smartplaylist.. But supporting it would probably be pain in the ass and make the skin heavier.
Never mind then, I thought it would be quite simple, just count the items in the playlist (which is shown when I open it) and display it below. But I'm not a skinner/programmer.. I know from my "webdesign" era, the smallest things require the most code. I can live with this.
I've already created a replacement for Movies (to exclude the kids movies) and I'll probably create a new one for the TV Shows. Then it won't display it for any option.. = Solved Wink

(2013-05-14, 22:05)bigwillch Wrote: I used Raspbmc's 'Fast' setting, which sets it to:

arm_freq=840
core_freq=350
gpu_freq=253
force_turbo=1

The force turbo is apparently to make sd card corruption less likely.

I was a big fan of xbian for a while, but I've found that I now feel raspbmc has overtaken it in terms of being the best mix between performance and stability.
Ok, that looks a lot like the default Xbian overclock (without the force turbo). Maybe I'll crank it up a little if the GPU_MEM option didn't work. Thanks!

I've tried Raspbmc a few times and found it the complete opposite of stability and speed, but I've learned that not every pi responds the same manner due to power supplies and/or SD cards.
As long as it works for me, I don't care what's installed Tongue
(2013-05-14, 21:12)toiva Wrote: You could use script.randomandlastitems to return the total/watched/unwatched counts from a smartplaylist.. But supporting it would probably be pain in the ass and make the skin heavier.

Thanks for the tip, but there's no way I'm getting into this. Sorry.

BTW, github version finally got support for music videos on home. Thanks for the help.

@ALL

Guys could you please move RPi specific discussion somewhere else. I believe people subscribe to this thread to receive skin related posts Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10