• 18(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2013-05-10, 19:33)tman12 Wrote: @Slurm - That build is working great on my end.

The one feature that I'm suprised people rarely mention is the lack of playback over network when using DSplayer, is this something that will ever happen or is it not really a priority? I have around 20TB of Movies/TV on two different ReadyNAS units and mapping drives on Win7 is not going well for me. Everytime I reboot the drives don't automatically connect, makes for a real problem for me considering I don't use a mouse on my HTPC. I'm currently looking for a workaround to this problem, but I was just wondering if there will ever be support for network playback in DSplayer.

I had this problem myself, but I got around it by creating a BAT file to automatically reconnect my network drives at startup.
Why do you need to mount your drives ? I also use a NAS (linux Gentoo with Samba), I added a smb server then added a source with all shares of my server. I have no problem.
Weird, I thought I remember before not being able to play files over the network. I'm still not able to using NFS but I just tried mounting within XBMC (I'm assuming using SMB) and it works! I guess just ignore my post Blush not I can stop messing around with Win7 mapping.
I'm trying to achieve MPEG2-playback using DSPlayer in combination with Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoder and playback all other media types using XBMCs internal DVDPlayer. Any ideas?
(2013-05-10, 13:33)oldpoem Wrote: IIRC the problem is not with DSPlayer itself. MadVR developer tried to provide patch for XBMC main branch but got rejected.

1. MadVR is platform specific (Windows Only). And one of XBMC main goal is to provide multi-platform solution.
2. Patch code wasn't clean enough. There has to be maintainer of the patch and there is very few developer to maintain windows specific things.Most of XBMC Dev are on Linux platform.
3. MadVR is renderer and it changes very much how XBMC render thing.

So the proposed patch was rejected. I think you could ask MadVR developer for provide patch for DSPlayer. But then DSPlayer maintainer now is Russian Dev and hardly come in official XBMC Forums (here) or even interact in English at all.

So don't hold your breath over it. For mine DSPlayer now is good enough to ditch XBMC + External Player. I even prefer DSPlayer or DXVA-High Quality Deinterlacer enabled build over MPC/MadVR.
The big problem was that madvr decide when it has to render the frame. The madvr developer didn't wanted to rewrite the way the timed rendering was done. I managed to add a callback to xbmc for rendering the gui but it was easy to get stuttering that way. The way i wrote the patch was making the renderer miss a lot of frame.
(2013-05-12, 15:38)Cassiel Wrote: I'm trying to achieve MPEG2-playback using DSPlayer in combination with Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoder and playback all other media types using XBMCs internal DVDPlayer. Any ideas?

And what's the problem exactly? According to WiKi playercorefactory.xml allows using advanced rules with extended criteria for different players.
(2013-05-05, 10:19)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2013-05-03, 23:09)therealjoeblow Wrote: Hey guys,

Frodo v12.2 update has been released now, fixing some bugs in the stable release branch.

For those not adventurous enough to jump to the v13 alphas, would someone be able to compile a merge with 12.2? Please?

Thanks 1x10^6
The REAL Joe

XBMC-DSplayer 12.2 on Eduard K's web-site: http://xbmc.avmedia.su/node/6
The text itself is in Russian, but the link descriptions are self-explanatory.

Thank you!

The REAL Joe
(2013-05-10, 11:12)waspy59 Wrote: Dear all,

I just discover XBMC with DSplayer and I love it. But I have a question. DSplayer is a directshow player that works with ffdshow, lav and avinsynth but not with the renderer MadVR.... :-(

DSplayer is not anymore in development (I'm not sure), but do you think it's possible to implement the madVR support? It's will be be great.

Best regards,

+1 !!!! It would be a very nice thing to handle such a good renderer like madVR
(2013-05-13, 23:23)khordo Wrote:
(2013-05-10, 11:12)waspy59 Wrote: Dear all,

I just discover XBMC with DSplayer and I love it. But I have a question. DSplayer is a directshow player that works with ffdshow, lav and avinsynth but not with the renderer MadVR.... :-(

DSplayer is not anymore in development (I'm not sure), but do you think it's possible to implement the madVR support? It's will be be great.

Best regards,

+1 !!!! It would be a very nice thing to handle such a good renderer like madVR

As people already said, it's not gonna happen. It was already tried.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Just curious but what are the mroe experienced guys using with DSplayer in terms of renderer/filters/etc? I'm currently using the latest LAV Video/Audio/Splitter and Bicubic .75 but I was wondering if anyone has a found a better solution or has recommendations. I'm really happy with LAV - just curious. I'm mainly talking picture quality, LAV plays everything I've thrown at it.
Lav video and audio, avsplitter
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2013-05-15, 10:51)vicmanpergar Wrote: Lav video and audio, avsplitter

BTW, I remember that somebody asked about the default selection for forced subs in AVsplitter. Eduard K. aka void implemented this feature: http://forum.avmedia.su/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=610 (Russian language).
(2013-05-15, 13:09)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2013-05-15, 10:51)vicmanpergar Wrote: Lav video and audio, avsplitter

BTW, I remember that somebody asked about the default selection for forced subs in AVsplitter. Eduard K. aka void implemented this feature: http://forum.avmedia.su/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=610 (Russian language).

Hi Roman

It was me - thanks can't wait to try it out - please also pass on my gratitude to Eduard (my Russian is a bit ropey)

Thanks again

EDIT - 'forced' subtitles work perfectly with mpc-hc, or mpc-be, sadly though not with DSPlayer.
(2013-05-15, 15:38)steelman1991 Wrote: EDIT - 'forced' subtitles work perfectly with mpc-hc, or mpc-be, sadly though not with DSPlayer.

I'm not sure what you mean. I've created a mkv file with multiple subs and 2 forced sub tracks, and DSplayer displays and allows to switch only those 2 forced tracks - other non-forced tracks don't even appear.
(2013-05-16, 02:33)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2013-05-15, 15:38)steelman1991 Wrote: EDIT - 'forced' subtitles work perfectly with mpc-hc, or mpc-be, sadly though not with DSPlayer.

I'm not sure what you mean. I've created a mkv file with multiple subs and 2 forced sub tracks, and DSplayer displays and allows to switch only those 2 forced tracks - other non-forced tracks don't even appear.

Did nothing other than you have and identified [f] eng in AVSplitter config, but the subtitles do not display in DSPlayer. Using AVSplitter with either of the other 2 players and the forced stream is displayed. Will check my settings etc and get back to you later.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8