• 27(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
assigning key combinations for shortcuts is easy but what were saying is that once youre inside xbmc you cant launch them anymore...
(2013-05-10, 16:10)therock003 Wrote: assigning key combinations for shortcuts is easy but what were saying is that once youre inside xbmc you cant launch them anymore...

With my method you can, I do it all the time!
(2013-05-10, 16:19)aperfectme Wrote:
(2013-05-10, 16:10)therock003 Wrote: assigning key combinations for shortcuts is easy but what were saying is that once youre inside xbmc you cant launch them anymore...

With my method you can, I do it all the time!

oh ok i am browsing from my phone and didnt notice the link to th program. ill give it a try later when im on my PC.
(2013-05-10, 16:07)aperfectme Wrote:
(2013-05-06, 20:33)navigates Wrote: Is there a way to launch applications with the remote app? There is an EXE file for which I created a shortcut but when xbmc launches all shortcuts get disabled.

I use this program works pretty well, I have assigned
some shortcuts in PS3 BluMote to buttons for example for the GREEN button ( ctrl+shift+alt+B)
and then I went to HotkeyP to define that when ctrl+shift+alt+B its press it launches XBMC.

With HotkeyP + PS3 BluMote you have endless possibilities.

I hope it helps!

You are Godsent !!!! I broke my head for so many hours and finally understood that when xbmc starts all shortcuts are disabled that windows created until you came along with this tip. This tip alone should be a sticky as lots of us like to use remotes. Since your post I've created restart shortcut etc.

I've built an HTPC using intel nuc i3. ITs almost perfect except the buttons are a little pixelated. Can't seem to figure what is the issue here.
Hi all. what is the typical hibernation setting that everyone uses. I had mine to not hibernate and the remote battery died in 4 days. That was the sony remote battery that came with it.
If I set the Remote to hibernate every 3 minutes, then after three minutes when I press pause, the remote resyncs with the PC and the pause happens after 3 seconds. kind of a delayed response.
After changing the batteries I had to repair the remote back to the PC.

Whats the longest that anyone's battery lasts? Curious to know.
Yes without hibernation you cannot even last a week. Personally i have mine on 3 minutes and it last for a very long time. Althought when pressing a button after a hibernation, the remote takes 5 secs to respond, and i wish this could be improved somehow. For now maybe setting a higher hibernation time might be able to fix this, so the remote doesnt go into hibernation so easily when i am watching movies, but i dont know how much quicker it will drain the battery o i have left it at 3 minutes.
3 Questions i've been having.

-Is there a way to wake/sleep computer via Bluetooth? Like what sleep on LAN does, but by pressing a key on the remote.
-Also when screensaver is on, and i press a key on the remote, it stays on. Why does remote keystrokes dont affect screensaver?
-Is there a way to add delay to the keystrokes? Like for example i want to have a function that presses alt+x then waits a couple of seconds and then sends s+enter. So i can with one comand, close MPC+XBMC.
(2013-05-18, 23:47)therock003 Wrote: 3 Questions i've been having.

-Is there a way to wake/sleep computer via Bluetooth? Like what sleep on LAN does, but by pressing a key on the remote.
-Also when screensaver is on, and i press a key on the remote, it stays on. Why does remote keystrokes dont affect screensaver?
-Is there a way to add delay to the keystrokes? Like for example i want to have a function that presses alt+x then waits a couple of seconds and then sends s+enter. So i can with one comand, close MPC+XBMC.

Let me take a shot at the answers:
Yes I believe you can shutdown or sleep using a shortcut and assign the shortcut to a button. Note for shortcut, you need a small software mentioned above so the shortcut works. If not all windows assigned shortcuts will be disabled once xbmc is on. I use the taskkill shortcut all the time when xbmc freezes on addins.
For wakeup, most PC’s can wake up on lan. So you can use hippo remote to wake up your PC. I haven’t figured how to switch the PC on through the remote. Etc.
Not sure what you are talking about.
You can create a batch file and assign a shortcut and assign that shortcut to a button on blumote.

This is the shortcut software:
http://hotkeyp.softonic.com/
(2013-05-22, 02:48)navigates Wrote:

Yes I believe you can shutdown or sleep using a shortcut and assign the shortcut to a button. Note for shortcut, you need a small software mentioned above so the shortcut works. If not all windows assigned shortcuts will be disabled once xbmc is on. I use the taskkill shortcut all the time when xbmc freezes on addins.
For wakeup, most PC’s can wake up on lan. So you can use hippo remote to wake up your PC. I haven’t figured how to switch the PC on through the remote. Etc.
You can create a batch file and assign a shortcut and assign that shortcut to a button on blumote.

thank you for your replies.

1-Well sleeping is easy, ou can indeed send a function and map a button to do it, but i'm mostly interested in waking the computer. It seems that when computer goes to sleep, so does my bluetooth dongle, and i cant use bluetooth to wake. Plus you'd need blumote to kkep running while the computer is sleeping so the commands sent by the remote are recognised. So all of these pose as a problem. One alternative is to use an iphone with special software and do this via wifi as you suggested, but i'd prefer if there was some special way to do this by the remote so i wont haveto keep many devices around me at the time.

2. What i mean is that when a screensaver is active, you either have to move your mouse, or press something on your keyboard so you exit screensaver mode and resume working at your desktop right? Well when pressing a key on the remote this doesnt happen. Basically what i'm saying is this. Screensaver is on, and i press "ENTER" on my keyboard, tehn sceensaver leaves. Screensaver is on and i press a key on the remote that sends a simulated "ENTER" screensaver doesnt go anywhere. So i'm wondering why it doesnt repsond to commands sent from the remote.

3. Well OK but i was hoping for simple functions i wouldnt have to use scripts, so if its possible to add delays to blumote i would like to know about it so i can start using it. If not i will then use hotkeyp or autohotkey.

Smile
(2013-05-22, 09:36)therock003 Wrote:
(2013-05-22, 02:48)navigates Wrote:

thank you for your replies.

1-Well sleeping is easy, ou can indeed send a function and map a button to do it, but i'm mostly interested in waking the computer. It seems that when computer goes to sleep, so does my bluetooth dongle, and i cant use bluetooth to wake. Plus you'd need blumote to kkep running while the computer is sleeping so the commands sent by the remote are recognised. So all of these pose as a problem. One alternative is to use an iphone with special software and do this via wifi as you suggested, but i'd prefer if there was some special way to do this by the remote so i wont haveto keep many devices around me at the time.

2. What i mean is that when a screensaver is active, you either have to move your mouse, or press something on your keyboard so you exit screensaver mode and resume working at your desktop right? Well when pressing a key on the remote this doesnt happen. Basically what i'm saying is this. Screensaver is on, and i press "ENTER" on my keyboard, tehn sceensaver leaves. Screensaver is on and i press a key on the remote that sends a simulated "ENTER" screensaver doesnt go anywhere. So i'm wondering why it doesnt repsond to commands sent from the remote.

3. Well OK but i was hoping for simple functions i wouldnt have to use scripts, so if its possible to add delays to blumote i would like to know about it so i can start using it. If not i will then use hotkeyp or autohotkey.

Smile

I have an Intel NUC and when the screen saver is running, pressing a button on the remote brings it back to life. You don't have to press enter. Any arrow keys will make it come out of the screensaver mode. Having said that I've seen this behavior with the lenovo q190 that I tried to build as a media center. I used bluetooth dongles to pair the remote and that didn't work well. The bluetooth was flaky. What is your setup like?

The Intel NUC really works very well with its bluetooth implementation. You could try a different dongle? I've gone through a 40 dollar SMC dongle with the q190 to the ASUS and a cheap beklin. The belkin was stable but not as stable as the nuc bluetooth.
I dont know, i'm pretty happy overall with my bluetooth. Its tiny, class 1, 100m reception v4 with EDR. I woulndt want to have to change it Sad
(2013-05-27, 09:25)therock003 Wrote: I dont know, i'm pretty happy overall with my bluetooth. Its tiny, class 1, 100m reception v4 with EDR. I woulndt want to have to change it Sad

I hear you. I'm all about slim and clean profiles as well. I just ordered a bluetooth lenovo keyboard even though i have the logitech keyboard but that has a slim dongle which I dont' like. In quest for building a perfect system. Smile
(2013-05-06, 20:33)navigates Wrote: Is there a way to launch applications with the remote app? There is an EXE file for which I created a shortcut but when xbmc launches all shortcuts get disabled.

some shortcuts in PS3 BluMote to buttons for example for the GREEN button ( ctrl+shift+alt+B)
and then I went to HotkeyP to define that when ctrl+shift+alt+B its press it launches XBMC.

I hope it helps!

Nevermind figure it out. I forgot to add "ctrl+shift+alt+B" in the shortcut key under xbmc icon property.
(2013-06-07, 06:16)dazz87 Wrote:

I hope it helps!

Nevermind figure it out. I forgot to add "ctrl+shift+alt+B" in the shortcut key under xbmc icon property.

Glad you solved it!
So does this remote go to sleep automatically?

Or does it drain the batteries while not in use?
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC4