• 19(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2013-05-14, 22:27)tman12 Wrote: Just curious but what are the mroe experienced guys using with DSplayer in terms of renderer/filters/etc? I'm currently using the latest LAV Video/Audio/Splitter and Bicubic .75 but I was wondering if anyone has a found a better solution or has recommendations. I'm really happy with LAV - just curious. I'm mainly talking picture quality, LAV plays everything I've thrown at it.
I would be curious to hear that as well.

(2013-05-15, 10:51)vicmanpergar Wrote: Lav video and audio, avsplitter
Is there a reason why you use avsplitter instead of lavsplitter, vic?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2013-05-16, 22:36)ArieS Wrote: Is there a reason why you use avsplitter instead of lavsplitter, vic?

AVsplitter and current XBMC-DSplayer are developed by the same person and offer more tight integration than with other source/splitter filters. E.g. DSplayer correctly handles Blu-Ray titles and MKV editions only with AVsplitter.
Roman - still no joy in getting 'forced' subtitles to display in DSPlayer here are some images - perhaps you could comment, may be something simple I'm missing.

Code:
MediasConfig

<rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts">
      <source filter="avsource" />
      <splitter filter="avsource" />
      <video filter="mpcvideodec" />
      <audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
    </rule>
    <rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="avsource" />
      <splitter filter="avsource" />
      <video filter="mpcvideodec" />
      <audio filter="lavaudiodec" />

Codec OSD - taken from a screen where I expect subtitles to be displayed

Screenshot showing subtitles radio button not checked

Video settings

And finally - MediaInfo - to show forced subtitle included in file

Quote:General
Unique ID : 243435079103800751429555025761341623387 (0xB723E40DD478A722A679E41513E94C5B)
Complete name : F:\Movies\The A-Team (2010)\The A-Team (2010).mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 4 / Version 2
File size : 20.6 GiB
Duration : 2h 13mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 22.1 Mbps
Movie name : The A-Team
Encoded date : UTC 2010-02-22 21:41:31
Writing application : mkvmerge v5.9.0 ('On The Loose') built on Dec 9 2012 15:37:01
Writing library : libebml v1.3.0 + libmatroska v1.4.0

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Muxing mode : Header stripping
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate mode : Variable
Maximum bit rate : 35.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Language : English
Default : No
Forced : No
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile : MA / Core
Mode : 16
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Muxing mode : Header stripping
Codec ID : A_DTS
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : Unknown / 1 509 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy
Title : Lossless
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Text
ID : 3
Format : PGS
Muxing mode : zlib
Codec ID : S_HDMV/PGS
Codec ID/Info : The same subtitle format used on BDs/HD-DVDs
Default : Yes
Forced : Yes

Menu
00:00:00.000 : en:Chapter 00
00:05:17.400 : en:Chapter 01
00:13:31.268 : en:Chapter 02
00:21:10.769 : en:Chapter 03
00:26:32.340 : en:Chapter 04
00:37:42.802 : en:Chapter 05
00:45:23.554 : en:Chapter 06
00:49:30.258 : en:Chapter 07
00:56:53.868 : en:Chapter 08
01:02:40.548 : en:Chapter 09
01:09:43.053 : en:Chapter 10
01:15:19.639 : en:Chapter 11
01:23:06.356 : en:Chapter 12
01:28:54.578 : en:Chapter 13
01:35:56.834 : en:Chapter 14
01:38:35.951 : en:Chapter 15
01:43:12.519 : en:Chapter 16
01:49:42.825 : en:Chapter 17
01:57:19.573 : en:Chapter 18
02:07:00.654 : en:Chapter 19

Thanks for any help
(2013-05-16, 22:36)ArieS Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 22:27)tman12 Wrote: Just curious but what are the mroe experienced guys using with DSplayer in terms of renderer/filters/etc? I'm currently using the latest LAV Video/Audio/Splitter and Bicubic .75 but I was wondering if anyone has a found a better solution or has recommendations. I'm really happy with LAV - just curious. I'm mainly talking picture quality, LAV plays everything I've thrown at it.
I would be curious to hear that as well.

(2013-05-15, 10:51)vicmanpergar Wrote: Lav video and audio, avsplitter
Is there a reason why you use avsplitter instead of lavsplitter, vic?

Yep, the reason Roman just gave.
Cheers mates
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2013-05-16, 23:43)steelman1991 Wrote: Roman - still no joy in getting 'forced' subtitles to display in DSPlayer here are some images - perhaps you could comment, may be something simple I'm missing.

Thanks for any help

The number of subs in your XBMC audio settings (3) does not correspond to the number of subs in your MediaInfo (1). Are you using 2 additional external subs? If so, my guess is that external subs are picked always. The logic behind this might be (again, this is only my guess because I'm not the developer) that if you have bothered to add external sub files to a main video, then you do need those subs.
I tried the same with multiple subs embedded into a MKV and the selection of forced subs only worked for me.
All my files with subtitles (even where there is only 1 stream embedded in the mkv) show with varying numbers of subtitles in xbmc OSD - in the example above (and all my files) I have no external subs.

In the example xbmc is reporting

1 English (United States) - which is the forced track
2 Forced Subtitles - which displays nothing
3 No Subtitles

The same is reported in AVSplitter - see attached screenshot

Image.

I appreciate you aren't the dev and thanks for having a look - if there isn't anything else glaringly obvious, then I'll likely abandon further attempts to resolve. Already spent an inordinate amount of time on it and my wife just wants to watch films Big Grin

Thanks again.
(2013-05-16, 23:19)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2013-05-16, 22:36)ArieS Wrote: Is there a reason why you use avsplitter instead of lavsplitter, vic?

AVsplitter and current XBMC-DSplayer are developed by the same person and offer more tight integration than with other source/splitter filters. E.g. DSplayer correctly handles Blu-Ray titles and MKV editions only with AVsplitter.
Thanks Roman.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
First off, thx for all the hard work on the DSPlayer Build.

Is there a way getting Boblight to Work with the DSPlayer Build?
(2013-02-03, 00:42)Roman_V_M Wrote:
PHP Code:
<!-- DSPlayer rulesset network streams to DVDPlayer -->
<
rule name="other" protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer" /> 

Is this incomplete? Because just adding that to the file (inside playercorefactory tags) doesn't change the default player to DVDPlayer for streams. DSPlayer is still default.
Could someone please post a working playercorefactory that uses DVDPlayer for internet streams?

It seems if you've mp4 in mediasconfig.xml set to DSPlayer it'll override playercorefactory. I still don't get how I can get container X be played with DVDPlayer only when it's a internet/addon stream.
(2013-05-22, 11:24)asiuhas Wrote: Could someone please post a working playercorefactory that uses DVDPlayer for internet streams?

It seems if you've mp4 in mediasconfig.xml set to DSPlayer it'll override playercorefactory. I still don't get how I can get container X be played with DVDPlayer only when it's a internet/addon stream.

Do you have the "Use DSPlayer as default player" or "Use DirectShow Merits" checked in the dsplayer settings in xbmc itself? Those might be overriding your playercorefactory.xml.
(2013-05-22, 15:32)PitViper401 Wrote:
(2013-05-22, 11:24)asiuhas Wrote: Could someone please post a working playercorefactory that uses DVDPlayer for internet streams?

Do you have the "Use DSPlayer as default player" or "Use DirectShow Merits" checked in the dsplayer settings in xbmc itself? Those might be overriding your playercorefactory.xml.

No, those options do not affect player selection rules in playercorefactory.xml.
As for the initial question, I would recommend to read the Wiki carefully on how and where to add rules in playercorefactory.xml. The rule I've posted is correct.
Sigh, why be so vague? I've read the wiki and first post and looked in the debug log. My playercorefacotory worked fine when setting it up for MPCHC, for this it doesn't . I didn't just try for a couple minutes and gave up.
(2013-05-22, 19:13)asiuhas Wrote: Sigh, why be so vague? I've read the wiki and first post and looked in the debug log. My playercorefacotory worked fine when setting it up for MPCHC, for this it doesn't . I didn't just try for a couple minutes and gave up.

Nothing's vague. Wiki states that playercorefactory.xml has 2 major sections enclosed in the respective tags: players and rules. All rules should be in "rules" section, i.e.:
PHP Code:
<rules action="prepend">
<
rule blah-blah-blah />
<
rule name="other" protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer" />
.... and 
so on
</rules
And, of course, the protocol used for your particular streams should be in the list, as it might not cover all existing streaming protocols. Then the rule should work provided there are no syntax errors in the XML code.
Hi,

Just want to give DSplayer another try this week-end (now that foreced subtitle seems ok), and I wonder what is the best way to configure it.
By "best" way, I mean the optimal balance between PQ/AQ and simplicity, regarding my personnal setup.
I use a 55" LED TV and a 2-channel strereo Ampli/Dac.
My video files are 50% SD Xvid, 40% 720p mp4 and 10% 1080p.

LAV filters + avsplitter seems to be the simpliest solution, but what about:
- auto refresh rate?
- upscaler quality? (for the 720p materials essentially)
- no need to process with ffdshow? (upscaling, sharpen, ...)
- 2-channek audio downmix quality?

For 720p videos on my display size, is there any advantage to use madvr (JRiver media center)?
Or maybe the High Pixel Shader Quality patch?

Thanks
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8