• 16(current)
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon
Version 0.8.2

Changes:
- Fixed some issues with unicode errors - hopefully. I hate encodings

On my REPO.

(2013-03-16, 08:44)jon123456 Wrote: Thank you for your prompt reply Login works but unfortunately I still can not view the images and all the rest. In addition, the application hangs and I can not go back to the main xbmc. Helps only alt + F4. Log http://pastebin.com/1WAd51K4

Try the new version. If you still get errors, I'll need another log. I think I fixed the issue causing the error, but there may turn out to be other places in the code with encoding issues. Also, if you get errors, it should now just drop out to XBMC.
Thank you, "Ruukki" now works fine. Errors in the log still only lack of Polish characters in the bushes there are places you can not fix it somehow.

log: http://pastebin.com/q3CZ32d0
(2013-03-16, 20:35)jon123456 Wrote: Thank you, "Ruukki" now works fine. Errors in the log still only lack of Polish characters in the bushes there are places you can not fix it somehow.

log: http://pastebin.com/q3CZ32d0

It looks like from the log there are no actual errors. The code tries 3 methods to handle the encoding, and then goes to a fallback method. It looks like it uses the 3rd method fine.
Is text displaying ok, or are there some characters not showing properly?
Characters such as ł,ś,ć,ż etc.I wanted to add Polish translation and it does not display the characters.
Got "Failed to get new token" when putting code. Even tried that longer code.
(2013-05-07, 16:44)kuismak Wrote: Got "Failed to get new token" when putting code. Even tried that longer code.

I'll need a log to have any hope of figuring out the problem. Please use pastebin or such to share the log.
Me too ("Failed to get new token" error after I typed in the token having typed in the correct email/password)

xbmclog's posted (from fresh release install of raspbmc) to: xbmclogs.com (20476)

I asterisk('*')d out the majority (all but first-4,last-4) of the url token at 19:51:43 and there's an error message just below it - also a complaint I noticed earlier about not being able to load social media.

I used just the 4-digit token to try and auth myself; as facebook says if you're using a different IP you might need the full token length version, I used xbmc's web browser to auth myself and get the token which worked ok (though coulda done with a larger font to read it clearly, and I couldn't copy-paste it). Have checked for passwords/other tokens, removed some of the CeC log line clutter and one or two other lines early on related to other plugin stuff (irrelevant - video add-ons).

Am a developer and happy with ssh access/shell/programming in python so if there's anything more technical you need me to do to figure it out/test a fix, ask and I should be able to help.
(2013-05-19, 21:25)jgbreezer Wrote: Me too ("Failed to get new token" error after I typed in the token having typed in the correct email/password)

xbmclog's posted (from fresh release install of raspbmc) to: xbmclogs.com (20476)

I asterisk('*')d out the majority (all but first-4,last-4) of the url token at 19:51:43 and there's an error message just below it - also a complaint I noticed earlier about not being able to load social media.

I used just the 4-digit token to try and auth myself; as facebook says if you're using a different IP you might need the full token length version, I used xbmc's web browser to auth myself and get the token which worked ok (though coulda done with a larger font to read it clearly, and I couldn't copy-paste it). Have checked for passwords/other tokens, removed some of the CeC log line clutter and one or two other lines early on related to other plugin stuff (irrelevant - video add-ons).

Am a developer and happy with ssh access/shell/programming in python so if there's anything more technical you need me to do to figure it out/test a fix, ask and I should be able to help.

Thanks for the log. I think I see the issue. I have some code that checks the length of the token in case it needed to parse it out of html and instead got some random chunk. Apparently the token size is growing Smile
I'm going make the size it accepts bigger and put up an update. That should fix the issue.

Thanks for you care in preparing the log. You obfuscated your token, but allowed me to verify that it was probably an actual token by leaving the start and end. And assuming you kept the length, that helped too (though the length is the only likely thing to throw that particular error in this case)
Version 0.8.3

Changes:
- Fixed a bug caused by new longer Facebook token lengths
- Fixed a bug with login notifications forms and improved forms handling (fixes "no control matching name 'submit[Don't Save]'" errors)

On my REPO.

This will likely fix the recent "Failed to get new token" errors, even for the users that didn't bother to get me a log Smile
Yep, I used vim and 171-ish replaces of characters in the token by '*', so the length was kept; am familiar with things you might want to check on and thought that would be safe for me and most useful for you (the token might still have been valid as I posted it...)

Thankyou for the quick response and update. I know facebook change things every now and then, so am glad you're still actively here and ready to update the addon! (I guess that means you still use it probably too)
(2013-05-20, 03:09)jgbreezer Wrote: Yep, I used vim and 171-ish replaces of characters in the token by '*', so the length was kept; am familiar with things you might want to check on and thought that would be safe for me and most useful for you (the token might still have been valid as I posted it...)
I think I'll change it so it logs the tokens in the same way. That would probably be safer for everybody, even though the token only allows access to data/functions you've given it permission for and has an expiration.
(2013-05-20, 03:09)jgbreezer Wrote: Thankyou for the quick response and update. I know facebook change things every now and then, so am glad you're still actively here and ready to update the addon! (I guess that means you still use it probably too)
I use my addons surprisingly very little Smile
But I do still try to maintain them even if I'm not using them and/or actively developing them.
Right now the most use I give the Facebook-Media addon is in concert with my Plugin Slideshow Screensaver addon, which uses my ShareSocial addon to provide the images from Facebook-Media.
Hello. New to XBMC & this forum. I tried to get the FB plugin to authenticate but, I keep getting token not validated error. I tried both the 4 digit & 12 digit methods several times. Please help.
Casey, which version of the addon are you using? Ruuk has fixed some issues recently (see 4 posts back and just before it). If you're not using the repository he posted that auto-updates with latest version then you may find you can fix it by installing that repo (as addon) then it should update the fb plugin. I had the same/similar issue but v0.8.3 fixed it.
(2013-05-22, 13:52)jgbreezer Wrote: Casey, which version of the addon are you using? Ruuk has fixed some issues recently (see 4 posts back and just before it). If you're not using the repository he posted that auto-updates with latest version then you may find you can fix it by installing that repo (as addon) then it should update the fb plugin. I had the same/similar issue but v0.8.3 fixed it.

Yeah it was version 0.6.9 if I'm not mistaken. Flashed the zip & after a restart, it went through. Thanks. So, I'm guessing there's no video support due to FB contracts?
(2013-05-22, 18:23)Casey Stellar Wrote: So, I'm guessing there's no video support due to FB contracts?
Not sure what you mean. You can watch your videos, videos of you, and videos of your friends (generally). Is there other videos you were hoping to view?
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon2