• 14(current)
Archive - old posts
(2013-05-24, 02:40)dalben Wrote: Is github the only way to get the latest releases . I got mine first version of amber from the wip skins repo.

Any chance of moving the home menu items ? There are plenty available which is great but they don't allow me to order the new ones the way I want. Also, can video node be an option for the custom menu buttons as well ?

Great light skin I want to use on my Xios boxes and most likely replace aeon nos on my htpc to allow consistency across the house.

1. Yes, until they make it to the repo
2. Reordering - not from the skin, sorry You can do it manually by reordering items for Container id=300
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-05-24, 08:09)pecinko Wrote: 1. Yes, until they make it to the repo
2. Reordering - not from the skin, sorry You can do it manually by reordering items for Container id=300

1. Thanks, I'll try to pull one done now.
2. Shame. If I edit manually will I need to do it again with every upgrade ? I wonder how hard it would be to make an external GUI based app for re-ordering the items. It would save hours of pain an idiot like me is bound to have.

But I do prefer a lighter skin if adding the re-order ability makes it slower.
(2013-05-23, 10:48)Eoghlear Wrote:
(2013-05-23, 10:24)Eoghlear Wrote: @Sabish, perhaps you can help him to implement the slide view from reFocus Smile
That would really finish this skin for me Smile

Smile But there was a similar view in reloaded (called "slide" if i recall), that didn't make it to amber, so i guess Pecinko didn't want to include it for some reason.

Slide view would be nice, but I'd be more interested in a gallery view like refocus big has.
I think that's more unique than a slide view.
(2013-05-23, 10:44)Sabish Wrote: May i ask for wich reasons ? (Just curious) ..i just got back to reloaded to check it out : too bad you ditched it, it was really looking awesome !

Yup, music player was inspired with your proposal Smile

I would need to make an extra set of diffuse and border images as view like that would need dropping some more shadow to the background. Textures in Reloaded are the ones that DJH made, while Amber uses mine. In addition set of reflection diffuse images would be needed as well. On top of that I would have to fiddle with background texture and animations for gallery. Oh, and I suppose that I should add stage from Reloaded back or make a new one.

Quote:Smile But there was a similar view in reloaded (called "slide" if i recall), that didn't make it to amber, so i guess Pecinko didn't want to include it for some reason.

I find it boring Smile /pecinko goes to hide behind a tree before someone throws something his way/

(2013-05-23, 18:53)henrava Wrote: Hi Pecinko, the skin is any day better!
I think i've found a little bug: in the "low list" view, at TvShows node, the button for going back is misaligned.
Thanks for your work.

Bloody item count bug/feature in TV Shows. Fixed by using regular list.

(2013-05-23, 22:55)toiva Wrote: Couple of small issues, other than that skin gets better and better.,

- Skin settings / home window does not jump from first item to last when pressing up, and vice versa
- If you enable concerts it won't show the stats, only the background
- Music video stats are visible when videos is focused, even after enabling concerts. Also, the label syntax is not quite right, you can see the color=grey..

All fixed, hopefully Smile

BTW - latest changes (ver 0.3.0) should be available from the dev repository soon. Video player remains in the queue but I'm not sure about speed of future updates.

I will gladly review any pull requests any of you would make them. It would be nice to discuss them upfront in order to make sure you don't get disappointed if I don't add them. - e.g. I'm not interested in extra art but would take a look if Sabish decides to "port" slide view from Reloaded to Amber Smile Same is true for other useful but currently missing bits.

Have fun!
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-05-19, 17:16)relyter Wrote: 0.2.7. Thank you for "hide watched marks". Probably it should be "keep", not "stretch" for XBMC logo in settings menu. And left menu in weather is misplaced.

Fixed and re-done completely. Finally we have weather window worthy of Amber.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko, what about "Pause" info / seekbars?
DId you removed them on purpose?
(2013-05-24, 16:23)lysin Wrote: pecinko, what about "Pause" info / seekbars?

No, what's happening? Please test on 12.2 and in Confluence as well Smile

EDIT: All working fine here.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-05-24, 16:25)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-05-24, 16:23)lysin Wrote: pecinko, what about "Pause" info / seekbars?

No, what's happening? Please test on 12.2 and in Confluence as well Smile

EDIT: All working fine here.

You're right, my raspi just decided to stop showing those. Tested on my Macbook and all is fine.

Now I feel like an idiot.

EDIT: Removed and updated Amber on my Pi. Confluence shows seekbars but Amber doesn't. Can't figure it out why. If someone with a Pi can confirm all is working fine on their end I would be grateful.

Thanks
On an unrelated note, I get this when playing video on background:

Notice that the upper left thumbnail is overlapping with the "Now Playing" text and all the hidden menus are visible.
(2013-05-24, 16:54)lysin Wrote: Notice that the upper left thumbnail is overlapping with the "Now Playing" text and all the hidden menus are visible.

Could you elaborate more last part: "all the hidden menus are visible"?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-05-24, 17:34)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-05-24, 16:54)lysin Wrote: Notice that the upper left thumbnail is overlapping with the "Now Playing" text and all the hidden menus are visible.

Could you elaborate more last part: "all the hidden menus are visible"?

I'm not being able to reproduce it again, but after I went back to main menu (where I only have Weather/Movies/TV Shows) while playing a video, all of the menus showed up (disc, player, addons, videos, etc)
(2013-05-24, 17:41)lysin Wrote: I'm not being able to reproduce it again, but after I went back to main menu (where I only have Weather/Movies/TV Shows) while playing a video, all of the menus showed up (disc, player, addons, videos, etc)

You are running nightly version of XBMC, right?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

No, I'm running 12.2 stable

(2013-05-24, 17:49)lysin Wrote: No, I'm running 12.2 stable

Then I'm lost. Either way all skin settings are written to hard drive / sd card so there's no easy way to lose them. Debug log might tell me more but it is very unlikely that this is skin related.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I still want to work on adding support for skin widgets. If it's installed recent shelf uses those labels, if not builtin ones are used. It will also add recommended shelf for movies and episodes, 2 in total.

I don't see any point in rec. shelf (most played) for albums and music videos.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10