• 276(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2013-05-27, 16:24)hatbrox Wrote:
(2013-05-26, 15:56)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-05-21, 12:36)hatbrox Wrote: Question on translations:
I'm doing some translation and I notice (this is not new, though) that different translators have different translations for words that exist in multiple strings.

I'm wondering if we could have sub-forums (one per language) that translator can use to share and agree translation so that the words are consistent across the application.
those sub-forums could then have some stickies for agreed translations.

Example of issues I see:
Example 1: The word "rename" which get different words in French ("renommage" or "modification de nom")
Example 2: when the English string contains the present continuous tense (am/is/are + present participle) translations are sometimes incorrect in French. (Tt should be translated as verb in infinitive form plus "en cours")
Example 3: In french, one does not simply capitalise the first letter of a word. (Sorry for the meme, I couldn't resist :-) )

hatborx,
can you please fix the French translation files?

On 3 can you tell us if is a bug of the program (i.e. renaming the shows) or an mistake in translations?

I don't understand what French Translation files I have to fix.

On 3, there is nothing wrong in the application, it's just that some translators capitalize each noun, which would be almost correct in German but not in other languages.
e.g. you don't write:
You Have Selected one Post Outside of this Thread
but:
You have selected one post outside of this thread

ok, good thank you, no bug Smile

if you look at the translator thread you fund the link to where language files are saved and how to change them Wink
you're welcome to help
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
(2013-05-25, 03:33)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-05-25, 03:07)KILLERNADS Wrote: Hi Guys,

Wow its been a long long time! Big Grin So glad to see EMM still being worked on and updated!

However, im having a problem updating to the latest release!

My current version i use is: Ember_1.3.0.10.1 and i want to update to the latest release i think which is: Ember_1.3.0.13

Usually, i just copy all the files from the new release folder to my old one and rename the folder to match the new version number, this way i keep my movies database changes and also settings. However, i have been unable to get it to work now. Once i do this update (as i used to before), when i go to scrape the movies the program is not showing me any of my movies in the list and at the bottom it keeps saying: Performing Preliminary Tasks (Gathering Data)...

Ive left it to load for ages but it stays on this screen and no movies are listed. Ive made sure the file paths are correct too!

Can anyone please tell me what im doing wrong?

Thanks

Pretty sure that you must delete your Media.emm file.

Thanks for this, unfortunetly i read your reply to late and i had already started the database from scratch Sad

Anyway its complete now and up to date aswell so alls good!

Thanks for your help!
Does command line work for anyone? Whenever I try it I get the splash screen and then it just closes. If it's not currently working, would it be much work to get it working again?
(2013-01-31, 09:23)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-31, 01:22)chuckan Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 18:16)chtamina Wrote: same situation here !

EDIT: I even tried with the latest nightly or removing username/password. Even after using xbmc default webserver: nothing, it won't connect

I upgrade from Eden to Frodo today and presto.....ive got this problem aswell.
When i try to Update my XBMC library with EMM i get this "XBMC Controller: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."
I have no other connection problems between my PC & XBMC...i can play files, update the library with XBMC all that works fine....the exception is when i try to update the library with EMM
Have never had this come up before....and all i have done is upgrade from Eden to Frodo.

Anyone knows how i can remedy this problem??
Im using EMM 1.3.0.9

XBMC has change the webinterface from http to JSON. I have no time (and not enough skills) to code a new controller.
(2013-01-31, 05:58)RockDawg Wrote: Can you include .png file options for artwork? According to the wiki, png files are frodo compliant. I get my movie posters myself and ude Photoshop to put Blu-Ray cover on my Blu-Ray movies and there's some transparency involved so they are saved as png. It would be nice if they would show in ember. If it's not too much trouble.

I have wrote this on the to do list.

Is this still broken in revision 1.3.13? It might be easier to disable the XBMC module (or at least specify for version <= X) if it's known not to be compatible with Frodo.
Is it still possible to install the latest EMM version on dropbox to share/use across two pc's?

I used to do this earlier for an older version and it worked well, was just wondering if anythings changed that would allow this to work anymore?

thanks
it should work, no major changes there
(2013-05-28, 19:25)m.savazzi Wrote: it should work, no major changes there

thank you for the update, will try it out - i thought the option was not available anymore for some reason, oh well!! Big Grin
(2013-05-25, 17:39)mwaterbu Wrote:
(2013-05-25, 14:58)braaains Wrote: I'm having a problem scraping Futurama in DVD order.
I chose DVD order in the settings tab and in the scraping window but it doesn't work it is always in the wrong order even after deleting the nfo files and scraping again.

Can anyone help me?

Sometimes that happens to me. What I do is (found this on another forum post, so I can't take credit):
1-right click the slow, make sure under edit show it says DVD order
2-right click each season that is wrong, and remove from database
3-delete the episode nfo and thumbnail files (posters and show nfo can stay)
4-update library
Should be all good. If it's still not right, close ember, delete the temp folder in ember after step 2, and try again.

Hi there, I have the same problem Sad

I tried to change the episode order of Firefly to DVD and did your steps, but it only creates emtpy NFO files without thumbnails. "Standard" order works without problems Sad
(2013-05-29, 19:19)cyberman Wrote:
(2013-05-25, 17:39)mwaterbu Wrote:
(2013-05-25, 14:58)braaains Wrote: I'm having a problem scraping Futurama in DVD order.
I chose DVD order in the settings tab and in the scraping window but it doesn't work it is always in the wrong order even after deleting the nfo files and scraping again.

Can anyone help me?

Sometimes that happens to me. What I do is (found this on another forum post, so I can't take credit):
1-right click the slow, make sure under edit show it says DVD order
2-right click each season that is wrong, and remove from database
3-delete the episode nfo and thumbnail files (posters and show nfo can stay)
4-update library
Should be all good. If it's still not right, close ember, delete the temp folder in ember after step 2, and try again.

Hi there, I have the same problem :(

I tried to change the episode order of Firefly to DVD and did your steps, but it only creates emtpy NFO files without thumbnails. "Standard" order works without problems :(

I'm pretty sure those are the exact steps I used for firefly, because I switched it to DVD order. I'm sorry it's not working for you..
I have one stray episode as shown below that keeps appearing as new every time I update the EMM Library. I have feeling it has something to do with the name of the episode being "2.0". However, as you can see that is not part of the actual file name.

By the way it sure would save time tracking down the offending episode if you could include the episode number in the "new episode added" popup that appears during library update.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-05-28, 06:57)RockDawg Wrote: Does command line work for anyone? Whenever I try it I get the splash screen and then it just closes. If it's not currently working, would it be much work to get it working again?

Can anyone comment on this?
I'm using 1.3.0.13 and have set the option for the runtime to be generated based on the metadata instead of scraped. For some reason on SD mkv files I'm getting 0 minute runtimes instead of the actual length of the mkv file, but this isn't occurring for HD mkv files. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I don't recall seeing this prior to me installing the new version a couple of weeks ago.
(2012-03-28, 15:17)Bjur Wrote:
(2012-03-19, 12:51)generious Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 17:37)TeKo Wrote: If that works with renaming files and folders, plz post a tutorial Wink

I use couchpotato and ember and sabnzbd
Couchpotato to find my films and move them from the default folder to a drop on my nas, once this has been completed then ember starts to scrape.
Couchpotato also downloads the trailers for the selected films.

Ember and SAB and Couchpotato details are in here
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9745941/SAB/SAB%...w%20to.pdf

This guide assumes you have ember configured already and pointed at your film location ( I use a temp directory before I move the films into my central location, as I have different categories such as action films, drama, kids, war and so on )

So the full setup is
SAB saves them in C:\Users\userid\Documents\Downloads\complete\movies
couchpotato moves them to w:\drop ( this is a share on a nas )
Ember is configured to look at W:\drop
Ember scrapes them in w:\drop
then I move them into the relevant folders on the nas
I haven't found a way to move say action films into action films directory yet but I'm working on something that will read the nfo and look for the genre tag and then move them into the folder this is still a work in progress.

Contents of the batch file
C:\Ember\emm.exe -newauto -all
TIMEOUT /T 120
taskkill /IM emm.exe /F

The timeout /t 120 is so it waits for ember to finish scraping once completed it will wait for 120 seconds before checking if the emm.exe task is still running ( sometimes it hangs ) and if it is it will kill the process
( /f is force kill )

I only use ember for films and not for TV show as this is managed by Sickbeard and yes I'm aware that couchpotato can scrape and generate NFO's but this doesn't always work correctly and sometimes I want more details which ember can provide.

I have tried to get a exe file working in sabnzbd and have followed the guide in this thread, but but each time my problem is that Ember just run but doesn't update and afterwards I have to kill it.

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe" -fetchmovie
timeout /T 180
start "" "D:\Programmer\Ember Media Manager\Ember Media Manager.exe" -newauto -all
timeout /T 120
taskkill /IM "Ember Media Manager.exe" /F
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\wget\bin\wget.exe" http://xbmc:xxxx@localhost:8091/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn(UpdateLibrary(video))
END

Any ideas?
(2013-05-31, 11:31)Bjur Wrote:
(2012-03-28, 15:17)Bjur Wrote:
(2012-03-19, 12:51)generious Wrote: I use couchpotato and ember and sabnzbd
Couchpotato to find my films and move them from the default folder to a drop on my nas, once this has been completed then ember starts to scrape.
Couchpotato also downloads the trailers for the selected films.

Ember and SAB and Couchpotato details are in here
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9745941/SAB/SAB%...w%20to.pdf

This guide assumes you have ember configured already and pointed at your film location ( I use a temp directory before I move the films into my central location, as I have different categories such as action films, drama, kids, war and so on )

So the full setup is
SAB saves them in C:\Users\userid\Documents\Downloads\complete\movies
couchpotato moves them to w:\drop ( this is a share on a nas )
Ember is configured to look at W:\drop
Ember scrapes them in w:\drop
then I move them into the relevant folders on the nas
I haven't found a way to move say action films into action films directory yet but I'm working on something that will read the nfo and look for the genre tag and then move them into the folder this is still a work in progress.

Contents of the batch file
C:\Ember\emm.exe -newauto -all
TIMEOUT /T 120
taskkill /IM emm.exe /F

The timeout /t 120 is so it waits for ember to finish scraping once completed it will wait for 120 seconds before checking if the emm.exe task is still running ( sometimes it hangs ) and if it is it will kill the process
( /f is force kill )

I only use ember for films and not for TV show as this is managed by Sickbeard and yes I'm aware that couchpotato can scrape and generate NFO's but this doesn't always work correctly and sometimes I want more details which ember can provide.

I have tried to get a exe file working in sabnzbd and have followed the guide in this thread, but but each time my problem is that Ember just run but doesn't update and afterwards I have to kill it.

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe" -fetchmovie
timeout /T 180
start "" "D:\Programmer\Ember Media Manager\Ember Media Manager.exe" -newauto -all
timeout /T 120
taskkill /IM "Ember Media Manager.exe" /F
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\wget\bin\wget.exe" http://xbmc:xxxx@localhost:8091/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn(UpdateLibrary(video))
END

Any ideas?

Never used the command line... will have to check for 1.4 Smile maybe we messed it up
Hey guys, I'm sad to report that the Offline Media Manager (OMM) is broken in Rev 13. It goes through the search and scarping processes just fine. It save's artwork to folder. However, it does not save the Place Holder Video, no longer prompts for trailer, and to top it off the movie never shows up in the database. I've tried this with:

Jack Reacher 2012
Broken City 2013

I've closed and reopened ember, but no luck. If I try to use the OMM for those movies again it claims that they already exist because after all, the folders are there.

Scraping and saving other than with the OMM works fine.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
  • 276(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26