• 183(current)
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents
Going through the log I found my update issue was actually a permissions issue. Root was the owner of the CouchPotatoServer directory so it couldn't write to it.
(2013-04-03, 21:13)Headcase_Fargon Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 18:47)Reginald Wrote: Mine updated yesterday at about 10:30 AM EST to f0af1842628084cc1647e99be18cddf1a42a454f, it had been a few days since an update but it updated by itself.

Mine is still on a49a00a2 and refuses to update. Do I need to reinstall? If so, what's the preferred method in Linux? I followed a list of instructions using git on the CouchPotato site.

The quick and dirty way is to download the ZIP, backup your DB and config files and just past the source over top. The backup should be just a precaution, I had to do this a while back due to a bad commit. It has been working just fine ever since.

Not sure how I missed your post. I am glad you got it figured out.
Setup:
HTPC: Acer Revo 3610 (openELEC 3.0.2) with Aeon Nox (4)
NAS: unRAID 5rc12a on an Intel 3GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of RAM and 5 2TB WD EARS Green Drives
Running: SickBeard, CouchPotato v2, Headphones, Maraschino, Plex and SimplePlugins
Hey guys!

I have recently noticed that, out of 187 movies in my collection, some (about 30) had lost their fanart.jpg backdrop images for no known reasons.. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any way to have CP re-scan all movies and complete them by verifiying that the movie file is there, the thumbnail (movie.tbn), the backdrop (fanart.jpg), etcHuh If not it would retrieve missing files..

I couldnt find such function in CP.. perhaps its hidden somewhere, if there are nothing like that, it would be a very pertinent feature request for the devs..
Try first to delete browser cache.
Image Image
How's that going to help? He lost the files - the browser cache doesn't have anything to do with that ;)

However - you could just put all the movies in your download folder and wait for CP to pick them up. It should process them like every downloaded movie. There is however the 'danger' that a movie is not correctly recognized.

A better solution in my eyes would be to use a manager software like Ember.
(2013-04-11, 11:21)HenryFord Wrote: How's that going to help? He lost the files - the browser cache doesn't have anything to do with that Wink

However - you could just put all the movies in your download folder and wait for CP to pick them up. It should process them like every downloaded movie. There is however the 'danger' that a movie is not correctly recognized.

Hum, I remember having a similar problem and had to re-scrape because CP database got corrupted (regarding fanart missing).

I think I had to reload db again.
Image Image
(2013-04-11, 18:08)redglory Wrote:
(2013-04-11, 11:21)HenryFord Wrote: How's that going to help? He lost the files - the browser cache doesn't have anything to do with that Wink

Hum, I remember having a similar problem and had to re-scrape because CP database got corrupted (regarding fanart missing).

I think I had to reload db again.

You re-scraped with what application? And reloaded the db with what? I think you mean that you had to delete the DB, rescrape with Ember..? I am using Linux so Ember MM is not a viable option unless I run it in a VM or with Wine..

I still maintain that rescraping and such functions as Ember brings should be part of CP in future versions as enhancement or feature requests..

Quote:Hum, I remember having a similar problem and had to re-scrape because CP database got corrupted (regarding fanart missing).

But would a corrupted CP db actually delete the files on the hard drive?? its like if CP went mad and started deleting stuff.. Scary!
hi all, just after a quick tip please, I have couchpotato 1 for windows installed, and i just installed v2, but the old version is still present, what's the cleanest way to uninstall the old one please?
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
(2013-04-13, 15:14)cable_guy Wrote: hi all, just after a quick tip please, I have couchpotato 1 for windows installed, and i just installed v2, but the old version is still present, what's the cleanest way to uninstall the old one please?
Just delete the files, CP does not maintain any registry stuff, and in V1 there is no appdata-folder, so it is sufficent to simply remove the old folder.

(2013-04-12, 00:48)lpallard Wrote: You re-scraped with what application? And reloaded the db with what? I think you mean that you had to delete the DB, rescrape with Ember..? I am using Linux so Ember MM is not a viable option unless I run it in a VM or with Wine..

I still maintain that rescraping and such functions as Ember brings should be part of CP in future versions as enhancement or feature requests..
I think we're not talking about the same problems here.
He is talking about missing fanarts in the database, i.e. he was unable to see them in CP only, but the files were still there. You're files however went missing, so this is a completely different situation.

I didn't want to say that the feature request isn't a viable and good one, I only suggested a solution to your problem right now Smile
However, since you're using Linux, you could use another media manager like MediaElch (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136333).
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Hi I have got it working with torrents(TPB,KAT etc)
The problem is it the downloads always seem to be slow.
Its like it doesn't really take seeders into account.

Is they a fastest but HD type of option or configuration

Thanks
thanks mr ford!
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
Hello,

I am having some trouble getting "automation" working. The first time I activate "automation" CouchPotato scans and adds a lot of movies to the wanted list. However it does never scan again. I tried changing the filters and adding extra services, but nothing is happening. (waited for 3 days)

How do I manual start the scan?
Love this "app"
Is there any news on the ability to add 3D movies?
Is there anyway to get CP to grab 3D releases if they are available in any quality if I have my max quality set to 720p?

I normally do not want to download anything above 720p for normal, non 3D movies since they take up so much disk space, but it seems most 3D movies are only available in 1080p and Blu-ray.

I know I can manually go increase movies that I know are 3D to snatch Blu-ray but there is no guarantee that it will be a 3D release. I guess if there was a way to set required keywords like 'HSBS' on qualities greater than 720p that would work for me.

Also I don't even know which movies may or may not be created in 3D for the most part Smile
Is there a way to grab a cam/ts/screener if a 1080p is unavailable, but then automatically download the 1080p once it becomes available?

I know it's possible to do the first part but I couldn't find a way to keep looking for a 1080p if it was a lower quality previously downloaded.
  • 183(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents11