• 11(current)
Deprecated Missing Movie Scanner
Ok, I was bored so I had a little play around and I can confirm that the problem is definitely the capitals. Removing some of the ".lower()" calls in your code means everything seems to work on NFS paths with capitals in them. Whether it breaks things for other use cases is another matter though, as I'm only using NFS paths for my media. If you want to see which ones I removed, let me know.
Why not post a proper patch file? Maybe to pastebin.
thanks for the logs guys and yes you are correct, I force to lower, not a good idea. I will change to do it at compare time instead.
Here's what I ended up with for default.py: http://tny.cz/bc16b2b2
This was based on version 3.1.3

I haven't tested this exhaustively at all, just run the addon on my film and tv libraries, and only on linux for two NFS shares. The addon completed its scan and identified some missing files, and I didn't see any error messages from a quick look at the logs.
I have removed the lower() calls and moved the case insensitive check to the superset action when the missing items are checked for.

The new version is available form the download link in the first post of this thread. (3.1.4)
3.1.4. working great!
Thanks a lot for developement of this essential plugin imo.
thanks for testing and confirming the fix :-)

The last thing I would like to add is the ability to have a context menu with an option to manually map the movie to a match from the scraper, how to do this has escaped me thus far, I have probably spend 2 days on this and still got nothing.

I know it can be done because when you browse the movies using Video->Files if a movie does not have a entry in the library and you hit the "i" key for movie info it will pop up the scan result dialog, this allows you to alter the scan search name and do a new scrape, the results are then shown in a selection dialog and you can link the movie to the result of your choice. Thats what I want to do but can not work out how to do it from a Python Add-on.

If any plugin devs or core devs know how or even if it is possible or not that would be great.
Another thing that would technically be another plugin entirely but could probably easily be added:
List duplicates according to xbmc entries, those usually are scrapping/filename problems, it would be nice to have an easy way to find those :-)

oh, and scanning each source by itself would probably be a good idea for people who have LOTS of files ... i got seperate sources for anime and "regular" tv shows, scanning both takes quite a while so listing every source as a seperate scan target seems like an easy improvement there
(2013-06-03, 20:49)fireba11 Wrote: List duplicates according to xbmc entries, those usually are scrapping/filename problems, it would be nice to have an easy way to find those :-)
Do you mean that there are two entries in the library to the same file?

(2013-06-03, 20:49)fireba11 Wrote: oh, and scanning each source by itself would probably be a good idea for people who have LOTS of files ... i got seperate sources for anime and "regular" tv shows, scanning both takes quite a while so listing every source as a seperate scan target seems like an easy improvement there
You can select "Show Sources Paths" and then scan each source individually.
(2013-06-03, 23:04)null_pointer Wrote: Do you mean that there are two entries in the library to the same file?

no, i mean when due to incompatible filenames all of season 2 gets detected as season1 episode 2 or the like.
it's highly unlikely that you would intentionally have 10 files with the same episode, yet there is currently no alert if you add something like that.

(2013-06-03, 23:04)null_pointer Wrote: You can select "Show Sources Paths" and then scan each source individually.

oh, thanks, didn't notice that
(2013-06-04, 08:02)fireba11 Wrote: no, i mean when due to incompatible filenames all of season 2 gets detected as season1 episode 2 or the like.
it's highly unlikely that you would intentionally have 10 files with the same episode, yet there is currently no alert if you add something like that.

correct file to library item linking would be very hard to verify, if the file name is not correct or does not have enough information then I am not sure what check could be done to verify it is the correct file. I can not think of any approach that would help.
How about a check for duplicate entries? Ie "you have 2 library entries for show x season 3 ep 4".
naturally if initial detection fails there's no reasonable way to check for that, just a list of warnings like nickr said would be fine
I would have thought XBMC would detect this itself when adding items but I also thought it would handle missed scrapped items better as well :-)

How often would this happen? do you know how I could set up a test to have xbmc add two items to the same file?

I would need to make a few changes to the way the files are collected from the library items to allow for file counts but it probably could be done. The biggest problem is how to present this data to the user, I don't want to over complexify the interface and make it confusing, perhaps something simple like a settings option to also include duplicates and then prepend the word (MISSING) or (DUPLICATE) in the final list of results.
I need some help, missing movie scanner works great in searching for any missing movies on my android device, but on my windows 7 64 it does nothing, it process through 0 folders and files when I chose the autoscan option, and when I choose show source path, the source path screen is empty. can anybody give me any ideas as to why and of course a solution. thanks in advance.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Movie Scanner1