• 53(current)
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
I'm struggling here too. I have downloaded all of the files to my C:\, entered my login details into the cfg file and they are correct. I can view Sky Go online so know that this device is registered, IE9 and Chrome are installed. I have tried using the of Silverlight from skydrive and the latest version but same problem with both. I have no firewall or AV software on this PC.

When I run the runme or skygocache bat file it just sits on 'Connecting to SkyGo...' and doesn't get any further. Once I saw it proceed to Logging in but it didn't go further but now it won't do that. Yesterday I left it on this page all day ad when I got home it looked like it had logged in but said I need to update Silverlight (I was using the version on the skydrive).

Windows 7 64-bit

Any advice would be appreciated so I can at least work out why it's not working and try to fix Big Grin
(2013-06-02, 09:54)Evilsatan Wrote: I'm struggling here too. I have downloaded all of the files to my C:\, entered my login details into the cfg file and they are correct. I can view Sky Go online so know that this device is registered, IE9 and Chrome are installed. I have tried using the of Silverlight from skydrive and the latest version but same problem with both. I have no firewall or AV software on this PC.

When I run the runme or skygocache bat file it just sits on 'Connecting to SkyGo...' and doesn't get any further. Once I saw it proceed to Logging in but it didn't go further but now it won't do that. Yesterday I left it on this page all day ad when I got home it looked like it had logged in but said I need to update Silverlight (I was using the version on the skydrive).

Windows 7 64-bit

Any advice would be appreciated so I can at least work out why it's not working and try to fix Big Grin

I had this and a restart cured it
(2013-06-03, 07:40)nick w Wrote: I had this and a restart cured it

I tried removing the latest silverlight, reboot, install from skydrive, reboot, run the runme and cache bat files and same problem Sad

EDIT: Ok, 1.6b is working, any ideas why 1.7b isn't?
(2013-06-03, 18:12)Evilsatan Wrote:

I tried removing the latest silverlight, reboot, install from skydrive, reboot, run the runme and cache bat files and same problem Sad

Have you access to all program's.
(2013-06-03, 18:35)skelfbsfb Wrote:
(2013-06-03, 18:12)Evilsatan Wrote:

Have you access to all program's.

Well I can't confirm all programs but I have tried Sky Atlantic and a couple more which all work fine Smile Trying to get the XBMC launcher to work now. Still no luck with 1.7 which seems odd.

EDIT: I have installed the launcher from the repo but can't see where I can link it to my 1.6b exe. The launcher appears to have it's own version of skygo.exe in the appdata folder, I assume this is the latest version hence it doesn't work on my setup just like above.
Evilsatan I have just replaced my 1.7 version with the 1.6 version. It works a bit better in some ways, I can change channels just using the mouse but changing channels now works, and not just a black screen like on 1.7 but I can't get back into xbmc without physically ending the skygo process via task manager.

Anyway here is what I did, On my C drive there is folder called "skygo" , in that folder is a file called "skygolauncher"

If you right click it and press Edit it should open up in note pad.

The bottom line will look something like "start %appdata%\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.skygo.launcher\skygo.exe %1"
Copy %appdata%\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.skygo.launcher\ (or similar,remove the "skygo.exe part otherwise it will just load the exe) into your windows explorer and it will put you into the folder with the skygo exe.

here you can just replace the exe with the older version and then when using the sky go launcher in xbmc it should now direct you to the older version of skygo.
I'm guessing you could also just physically change the address in the skygolauncher file to wherever your preffered sky go exe is but I just happened to do it that way.
It works for me anyway, Still can't get the EPG sorted but I can atleast change channels within the app now which is more than good enough for me.

I am on windows 7 64 bit btw.
Thanks Robbo, that has worked for me. If I run SkyGo Launcher I can select a channel but that channel does not appear when SkyGo launches, it goes to Sky Atlantic for me. No problem as I can then change the channel with the mouse.

Will play around now I have it working Smile
(2013-06-04, 09:48)Evilsatan Wrote: Thanks Robbo, that has worked for me. If I run SkyGo Launcher I can select a channel but that channel does not appear when SkyGo launches, it goes to Sky Atlantic for me. No problem as I can then change the channel with the mouse.

Have you got all the channes, sports and movies.
(2013-06-04, 12:19)skelfbsfb Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 09:48)Evilsatan Wrote: Thanks Robbo, that has worked for me. If I run SkyGo Launcher I can select a channel but that channel does not appear when SkyGo launches, it goes to Sky Atlantic for me. No problem as I can then change the channel with the mouse.

Have you got all the channes, sports and movies.

Yes all working Smile
I have Syborgs EPG add-on now working as well as the Sky GO add-on, but when I choose a program in the guide, while it launches SKY Go it does not change the channel - am I right in assuming that this is just how it works at the moment and we have to change to the channel manually once Sky Go is running?

Also, I should point out that the instructions for getting Syborgs EPG running (back in the post way back in thsus thread on page 29) didn't really have much bearing in how I got it working.

1. I added the twinther repository (and installed TV guide 2.0 from it), added Syborgs repository and installed his TVguide mod from that.

2. I then ran the TV Guide app but couldn't see any 'Update channels option' in the menu, checked out the settings for it and couldn't see the option there.

3. I then checked the settings for Syborgs mod (Context menu option in XBMC) and guessed that I needed to choose the option to create the XML file, which it seemed to do. The settings said to run TV Guide before downloading logos so...........

4. I then ran his mod, which opened up TV guide with all the correct UK channels in it (but no logos). Closed it and ran the settings again, choosing the option to re-order the channels and download the logos, which it did.

5. Reopened his mod and this time all the channel logos were there.

6. I picked a Sky program and it opened a prompt which seemed to be asking me which program to run to view the program, so I chose the Sky Go Launcher (which I already had in favourites) and it launched Sky GO fine for me. As I said though, it didn't change the channel on Sky Go, so I changed it manually.

Hope that helps if someone is wondering what to do themselves anyway.

Edit: Now looking back at things and the various options, it looks like my initial assumption - that this was TVGuide Mod that required you to have the original TVGuide installed first to work - was wrong . This isn't a 'mod', as most people would understand that word to mean (something that modifies an existing installed program), but a totally stand-alone program based on the original TVGuide. Therefore, when the instructions mention 'TVGuide' they actually mean 'TV Guide Syborg Mod'. Once you understand that, and realise that you don't need the original Danish TVGuide add-on installed at all, the instructions on page 29 make total sense.
Hello. This is the first time I read this thread and I m seeing that it seems a not easy, straight forward standard plugin installation and it requires a few pre-requitrements to be able to work.
I do not know if these pre-requirements are still in place (explorer, silverlight,...) and I want to ask a straight question to whom it may give me a reply.
Does it work with a XBMC for iPad or Raspberry PI?

I m asking because I m not able to try it myself in these days.

thanks to advise
regards
(2013-06-06, 12:36)sasagr Wrote: Hello. This is the first time I read this thread and I m seeing that it seems a not easy, straight forward standard plugin installation and it requires a few pre-requitrements to be able to work.
I do not know if these pre-requirements are still in place (explorer, silverlight,...) and I want to ask a straight question to whom it may give me a reply.

thanks to advise
regards

I can say with almost certainty that it will not work as it appears to rely on IE to load the player, someone else may be able to correct me if I am wrong though Smile
Will it work with SkyGo Germany ?
Going by the title, no
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
(2013-06-06, 18:27)Evilsatan Wrote:
(2013-06-06, 12:36)sasagr Wrote: Hello. This is the first time I read this thread and I m seeing that it seems a not easy, straight forward standard plugin installation and it requires a few pre-requitrements to be able to work.

thanks to advise
regards

I can say with almost certainty that it will not work as it appears to rely on IE to load the player, someone else may be able to correct me if I am wrong though Smile

I found it easy. Follow the instructions and crack on!
i got it working a couple of times for my machines running XBMC

The one point missing is it requires a specific Silverlight version!
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC4