• 99(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
(2013-06-04, 20:47)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 07:47)vindieseldyer Wrote: Yes I understand it has been addressed but I have been able to get netflix to run inside real player.Basically XBMCFLICKS generates HTML files which streams through windows internet explorer via silverlight, but when you take certain portions of the code out you can basically stream it from any browser check the userdata addon data from xbmcflicks and you will see exactly what im talking about. This is where you need to search. C:\Users\Living Room\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links

I'm not sure how that would have worked. Netflix relies on Silverlight for its DRM. I wonder if RealPlayer is really just calling up an IE frame and using Silverlight.
Have you been able to play Netflix streams with any other player?

I have only tried realplayer, so im a noob but am self taught but my question is will this be a significant breakthrough for actually streaming within XBMC.
(2013-06-04, 21:22)vindieseldyer Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 20:47)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 07:47)vindieseldyer Wrote: Yes I understand it has been addressed but I have been able to get netflix to run inside real player.Basically XBMCFLICKS generates HTML files which streams through windows internet explorer via silverlight, but when you take certain portions of the code out you can basically stream it from any browser check the userdata addon data from xbmcflicks and you will see exactly what im talking about. This is where you need to search. C:\Users\Living Room\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links

I'm not sure how that would have worked. Netflix relies on Silverlight for its DRM. I wonder if RealPlayer is really just calling up an IE frame and using Silverlight.

I have only tried realplayer, so im a noob but am self taught but my question is will this be a significant breakthrough for actually streaming within XBMC.
I installed RealPlayer to check this out. It's not actually playing the stream directly, but is just opening the Netflix page within its integrated browser. And, yes, it's still using Silverlight (just right-click it and you'll get the Silverlight options).
So, it's not really doing anything special. RealPlayer is just acting as a browser.
(2013-06-04, 21:22)vindieseldyer Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 20:47)elmerohueso Wrote: [quote='vindieseldyer' pid='1436209' dateline='1370324827']
Yes I understand it has been addressed but I have been able to get netflix to run inside real player.Basically XBMCFLICKS generates HTML files which streams through windows internet explorer via silverlight, but when you take certain portions of the code out you can basically stream it from any browser check the userdata addon data from xbmcflicks and you will see exactly what im talking about. This is where you need to search. C:\Users\Living Room\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links

Ok go to your userdata file where XBMCFLICKS stores you queue open it with note pad or which ever editor you have, copy only the url portion of it.

Example:" <!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><html><head><title>Requesting Video: The Karate Kid</title><meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=http://www.netflix.com/WiPlayer?lnkctr=apiwn&nbb=y&devKey=11111111&movieid=0000000"></head><body bgcolor="#FF0000"> <p>Redirecting to Netflix in a moment ...</p></body></html>"

Just take out the url part: http://www.netflix.com/WiPlayer?lnkctr=a...id=0000000

Sorry i took out my user id and the movie id but I hope you guys understand what im talking about, but anyway just paste in any browser and it streams.

I hope this helps
I'm running XBMC (Frodo) on OSX 10.7 and have successfully authorized and set up XBMC Netflix, but I need help setting up playercorefactory.xml for OSX (I can't find instructions for this anywhere?)

I've followed the instructions here and successfully authorized my copy of xbmc for netflix. i can load XBMC Flicks and view my queue.

However when I hit PLAY on any movie in XBMC Flicks, it does nothing. Actually it looks like it's trying to do something but it doesn't work.

I assume that the OSX setting in XBMC Flicks configuration is only for auth, and at this point I need to set up playercorefactory.xml correctly?

If I do have to put something useful and custom in that file, can anyone running this on OSX share the contents of their playercorefactory.xml?

Here's my log, which seems to indicate it's just a matter of launching Firefox correctly (if i copy the URL from this log into firefox, it plays the requested movie):

13:26:10 T:4367339520 NOTICE: Process: Content:
13:26:10 T:4367339520 NOTICE: Process: Args : "{1}"
13:26:10 T:4367339520 NOTICE: Process: Start
13:26:10 T:4367339520 NOTICE: ExecuteAppLinux: "/Applications/Firefox.app" "/Users/bootable/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/links/70165413.html"
13:26:10 T:140735317657952 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window videoscan
13:26:10 T:140735317657952 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window musicscan
13:26:10 T:4367339520 NOTICE: ExecuteAppLinux: Failure: -1
13:26:10 T:4367339520 NOTICE: Process: Stop
13:26:10 T:4367339520 NOTICE: Process: Showing XBMC window
13:26:10 T:4367339520 ERROR: CCoreAudioDevice::SupportsMixing: Device mixing support : 'No'.
(2013-06-04, 21:55)vindieseldyer Wrote: Ok go to your userdata file where XBMCFLICKS stores you queue open it with note pad or which ever editor you have, copy only the url portion of it.

Example:" <!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><html><head><title>Requesting Video: The Karate Kid</title><meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=http://www.netflix.com/WiPlayer?lnkctr=apiwn&nbb=y&devKey=11111111&movieid=0000000"></head><body bgcolor="#FF0000"> <p>Redirecting to Netflix in a moment ...</p></body></html>"

Just take out the url part: http://www.netflix.com/WiPlayer?lnkctr=a...id=0000000
Yes, I know. The URLs in the link files are just normal Netflix URLs. They do not point to an actual stream, but to the player page for that stream. As I said before, RealPlayer is simply acting as a web browser, not directly playing the stream, and the page is still playing the video via Silverlight.
I supposed it could be possible to build a fully-featured web browser directly into XBMC, if the developers ever wanted to go that direction, but it'd still be essentially doing the same thing as it does now (except calling the internal browser instead of an external browser), and it'd still have to rely on Silverlight to play streams from Netflix (which would still require an OS that supported Silverlight).
(2013-06-04, 20:19)sambul25 Wrote: Does it still play on Linux by a Silverlight plugin for the Firefox on WINE?

Yes, it still requires the use of Erich Hoover's (compholio's) Netflix-Desktop, which is a version of Firefox on WINE that has been tweaked to use Silverlight.
My question is can these html files be wrapped into a .strm file and integrated?
I'm done.
vindieseldyer,

No. The Netflix URL's you are looking at at not stream URL's. Therefore, they cannot be played in XBMC. The Netflix player uses Silverlight for DRM, and there is no way to integrate Netflix stream playback within XBMC. Sorry, but that is just the way it is.
Edit: Deleting my old garbage.

Tried viewing a few other videos and consistently get the logon page for Netflix instead of the video playing automatically. Oh well. I guess I have some reading to do of the posts since the instructions were made.

In the meantime if there is a solution to this please let me know. I apologize if this is the 50th time someone has brought this exact issue up as I haven't had time to read through all of the posts yet.

Regards
mesostinky,

The latest solution for getting XBMCFlicks working on Frodo: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1428786
(2013-06-07, 17:23)Tim. Wrote: mesostinky,

The latest solution for getting XBMCFlicks working on Frodo: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1428786

Thanks Tim, your excellent guide is actually the one I used to get it working. It did work after I followed your directions the first time but then subsequent videos all brought up a login prompt instead of automatically playing. Tonight I'll try resetting my browser just in case something is going on there.
Login prompt in the browser (normal Netflix login?) or the 'register your account with the app' login?

If the normal Netflix login, go to Netflix.com and login. Make sure to check 'Remember me on this computer' and then close your browser window. Open it again after a few seconds and open Netflix.com and see if you are automatically logged in. If you are, you should be good. Ensure you are logging into Netflix in the same browser XBMCFlicks is opening (if you have Chrome/Firefox/etc). XBMCFlicks does not log you into your account, it just opens the URL's for the videos in a browser window, so if you are having to login every time, I would say you need to check your browser settings as you have suggested. Good luck!
I have done everything now. More than 10 times, and I still got a blank page on XBMC screen. I will demonstrate what I did.

requestKey=nfeafbf2hpdnyfvr5dd32ka6
requestSecret=bBsa6TqYab
accessKey= The long token
accessSecret= Token security key

So what did I do wrong. The browser is allready open, but still netflix in XBMC is blank.
I came upon this post from another forum wondering if this would be useful at all. its called Multishortcut + Netflix http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...ix.109764/
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16